Likelihood to Recommend
If you have a dedicated developer who has the technical know-how to delve deep into Algolia's documentation to figure out what makes it tick, this is the product for you. Algolia's framework is extremely powerful, making search instantaneous and providing users with results at break-neck speeds. If all you need is great search, but you do not require a complex relevancy algorithm running it, Algolia will work well for you. The more complex your use case, the more expensive the product becomes.
Program Manager in Product ManagementHuman Resources Company, 11-50 employees
- Algolia is brain-dead simple to set up. I've implemented search with Algolia in a dozen different ways now, and it never took me longer than a few minutes to get the functionality I want. With Algolia, the only challenge is designing your search UI -- if you don't want to use their baked in UI solutions.
- Results come back incredibly fast. I'm not sure how Algolia does it, but every keystroke I make in a search field returns new results instantly. It's hard to believe that I'm searching large datasets on a remote server when it works so fast.
- Very little customization is needed for 99% of use-cases. Algolia's out of the box setup works great, and it takes no prior knowledge to set up.
- Algolia can be a bit complex -- for smaller companies or companies without many tech resources, it may be difficult to implement and use without the help of a third party
- Manually manipulating search results (for specific queries having listings show up first) is a bit difficult to do without custom developing that functionality
Based on 2 answers
We did have one occurrence where we maxed out our plan and the service didn't respond well. This is probably a very common scenario and it took half a day to get things back to normal with slow response time. Price is also a consideration. If you are restrained in that sense you might want to dedicate the time to having your own setup from the get-go.
Algolia had a better clientele and hence we had a lot of trust in its product. Also, we were recommended about the company; therefore, we decided to go ahead with it. The initial demo was also better than the other companies.
Return on Investment
- Algolia is very fast but also very expensive. However, the size of our organization is very huge, so cost is not much of a problem.
- Algolia does not support iPhone and Android. This is a major issue, which is why we were considering moving to swiftype.
- Since it has integration issues, we could not fully leverage the software.
Analyst in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Algolia Editions & Modules
|Algolia Search - Standard||$12|
|Algolia Search - Premium||$1.502|
- per month
- per unit* / month
- per 1k requests / month