Likelihood to Recommend
If you have a dedicated developer who has the technical know-how to delve deep into Algolia's documentation to figure out what makes it tick, this is the product for you. Algolia's framework is extremely powerful, making search instantaneous and providing users with results at break-neck speeds. If all you need is great search, but you do not require a complex relevancy algorithm running it, Algolia will work well for you. The more complex your use case, the more expensive the product becomes.
Program Manager in Product ManagementHuman Resources Company, 11-50 employees
- Algolia is brain-dead simple to set up. I've implemented search with Algolia in a dozen different ways now, and it never took me longer than a few minutes to get the functionality I want. With Algolia, the only challenge is designing your search UI -- if you don't want to use their baked in UI solutions.
- Results come back incredibly fast. I'm not sure how Algolia does it, but every keystroke I make in a search field returns new results instantly. It's hard to believe that I'm searching large datasets on a remote server when it works so fast.
- Very little customization is needed for 99% of use-cases. Algolia's out of the box setup works great, and it takes no prior knowledge to set up.
- Algolia can be a bit complex -- for smaller companies or companies without many tech resources, it may be difficult to implement and use without the help of a third party
- Manually manipulating search results (for specific queries having listings show up first) is a bit difficult to do without custom developing that functionality
Algolia at first seemed and proved to be the fastest compared to the other search engines. It is very easy to implement. Also, it had a 24x7 support which proved to be very useful. It is also useful for all types of clients weather it be organizations or individuals. It can also handle typos. It also focuses on features like API and SSL Security. Also, it is designed to search records, not pages. These were some of the reasons we went ahead with Algolia.
Analyst in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- It's too early to measure any increase in our transactions
- We have good customer feedback on the Algolia search function
- We are looking at other apps in development where we can also leverage the power of Algolia
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
* per installation
Algolia Editions & Modules
|Free / Open Source Plan||$01|
|Enterprise Plan||Contact Us2|
- per installation