What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Program Manager, Americas
EmarsysInformation Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Integrates with GoToMeeting
Advanced security features
Integrates with Google Drive
- HipChat is the first enterprise team chat application, hence it invented the idea of itself.
- Cross-platform support and hence runs on most of the computing devices
- Efficient search
- Completely free for smaller teams
- Webhooks +1
- Integrations with Atlassian products and other systems as well. For example, Infra monitoring applications.
- Custom emojis
- Media and file sharing directly or in a group
- Video chat
- UI and UX has a huge room for improvement
- Dull and uninspiring colors
- Temporary rooms are not possible
- It's very expensive based on the team size, goes up exponentially
Based on 4 answers
Based on 4 answers
I have used Google Hangouts before. Hipchat is better in that it has a lot more integrations and special features, whereas Hangouts is pretty much purely chat. The downside is not everyone has a HipChat account and therefore Hangouts is easy to start up with your friends without having to sign up for another service.
WorkivaComputer Software, 1001-5000 employees
Based on 10 answers
Actually I never shared of HipChat using with more than 25 persons in team simultaneously, but I believe it can be scaled for much largest collaboration teams. At least it works flawlessly for us, with transparent integration with Jira, and I am not see any reasons for some troubles for work at big scale.
Programmer Analyst, Product Manager
Bee RoboticsComputer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- HipChat has increased the effiency with which I am able to communicate with my coworkers, particularly those who work out of other offices. Having a light, portable messaging solution has been beneficial for checking in on small things without the need to send emails or schedule phone calls.
Senior Technical Account Manager
LotameInternet, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
HipChat Editions & Modules
1. per user