<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 9.3 out of 100
Based on 48 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
If you are looking for a quick and easy database option, which integrates breezily with email clients like MailChimp and Constant Contact, and has built-in credit/debit card processing capabilities, NeonCRM is a very good option. An affordable alternative to Salesforce or Raiser's Edge, it does lack some of their "bells and whistles" but gets the job done. On the one hand, Neon features a shallow learning curve and solid user interface, and is web based and mobile friendly. On the other hand, Neon might not be totally appropriate for large or national level organizations because some of the reporting seems less "robust" than pricier alternatives...
Was good for running an auction and I really liked the mobile bidding feature, which I think helped greatly increase the total number of bids we received this year. I really did not like the photo upload functionality on OneCause, almost all of our donors submitted 4 photos, and the process of uploading each individual link was incredibly time-consuming and tedious. It was also hard to tell if you had uploaded it correctly.
- Very user friendly
- Great customer service--they always quickly reply to inquiries with great information for troubleshooting
- It is a great catchall for donor/grant information
- OneCause keeps you organized and on top of details big and small. The checklist feature is hugely helpful and having an individual working on your event with you to point out things you may have missed or not realized you needed is a huge benefit.
- The accounting post-event is sorted in a variety of ways making it easy to find [the] info you're looking for like breaking down specific donor traits.
- Including ways to market and communicate for the event is vital for success. You can preschedule and customize messages to specific groups right in the platform so it's tracked and event-specific. I love the functionality and ease that provides!
- Right now, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign reports and events to a staff person. In other words, if you want to receive emailed notifications when donations, payments, or event registrations come through, you have to receive ALL of them, not just those for particular events, etc.
- There is no intuitive way to take a deposit from a customer.
- NeonCRM doesn't allow you to create and bill with an invoice.
Administrative Assistant in OtherNon-profit Organization Management Company, 11-50 employees
- One OneCause interface is difficult to use, both on the back end and the front end. As a senior living provider, we have experienced some issues with residents attempting to register for events and the steps not being as clear as they should be. Registering for an event and purchasing tickets requires setting up an account, which is a multi-step process.
- The reporting is diverse but almost too diverse. It is often difficult or impossible to get one report that contains all of the information that you need. Instead, you must rely on a number of different reports to get a truly complete picture.
- While they claim to have an integration with Raiser's Edge, it is through third-party software which is available at an additional fee. Even after purchasing the third-party software, OneCause has changed the export functionality several times over the past few months, which requires a large amount of staff time to create new makings in the third-party platform.
- Certain aspects of the software just take too many taps to handle. If an event attendee at a golf outing wants to purchase a mulligan, for example, you must first look up their record on the app, then add a Misc. charge to their account, give the charge a name and amount, hit save, hit save again, swipe their credit card, then manually tell the system to process the credit card to ensure it is approved. Some settings (like automatically charge cards upon collection) don't actually work, and their support team says that this is a "feature". These numerous steps add time to an event's check-in process.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 1 answer
It is ultimately not my call, and we are switching Donor CRMs/fundraising platforms so not sure what that will mean for OneCause.
Employee in OtherNon-profit Organization Management Company, 11-50 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 27 answers
As an IT professional, I picked it up very quickly, but when showing the tool to colleagues, some of the terminologies is a little confusing as I believe it's intended to be broad enough to cover everything but it's almost too broad to where there is some confusion. For example, they use the term "supporters" which encapsulates everything from attendees to companies to people who have donated an item(s) for the auction or raffle to volunteers, etc. They also refer to the attendees as "bidders" even if there is no auction at your event. Also, their reporting catalog is incredibly confusing - I wish there was an option just to create your own report depending on your needs.
Board Member in Information TechnologyNon-profit Organization Management Company, 1-10 employees
Neon CRM 7.0
Based on 4 answers
As stated before, they push you to read the manual or watch the video when what I want is a human being to walk/talk me through it. Like I said, maybe I am old school but that's how I learn. It's been a challenge.
Based on 29 answers
As I stated before, their customer service team is incredible. They are quick to respond and help answer any questions. They also send videos to walk you through your issue, so you can see exactly how to fix it and can look back at any time.
NeonCRM can grow with us. We were able to implement a few features initially and, as time went on, incorporate others. We continue to do that.
I researched at least 15 other products before deciding on OneCause. Unfortunately, that was a few years back so I don't remember the names. However, I do know that I chose Once Cause because I believed that the user interface was attractive and simple. I wanted something that our users would have no issues with, and so far that's been the case! Also, your price was very competitive so we were sold!
Return on Investment
- Huge positive ROI in that is has alleviated the need for hand-processing of membership transactions
- Huge positive ROI in that our reporting has been standardized
- I am able to reach many more donors via our online auction than at an in-person event.
- Closing out an auction and collecting payment is infinitely easier than running an auction on paper.
- Guests enter all their own information including credit cards making it very easy to manage the event as a single event director.
Director in OtherEducation Management Company, 51-200 employees
Neon CRMSee All (6) Neon CRM Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
$49 per month
Neon CRM Editions & Modules
- per month
Additional Pricing DetailsAll plans include unlimited system users, unlimited online forms, and unlimited ticket support. Essentials is a streamlined version of Neon designed for smaller nonprofits. Premium support options are included with Empower. All pricing is based on number of constituent records in each database. For more information, see our website.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
OneCause Editions & Modules