Based on 2901 reviews and ratings
- Likelihood to Recommend
- Feature Rating Comparison
- Likelihood to Renew
- Reliability and Availability
- Support Rating
- In-Person Training
- Online Training
- Implementation Rating
- Alternatives Considered
- Contract Terms and Pricing Model
- Professional Services
- Return on Investment
- Pricing Details
- Rating Summary
Pega Platform is a business process management platform that offers a suite of best-in-class process automation and case management solutions. It also provides users with marketing and sales CRM capabilities. Salesforce offers a popular cloud-based CRM platform that aims to streamline lead and opportunity management by bringing relationship management, automation, and reporting functions under one umbrella.
Pega Platform excels at case management and offers users a no-code visual app development experience. Pega can also function as a CRM and has built-in AI capabilities to assist in decision making. Salesforce is the dominant CRM platform in the market today and offers integrations with thousands of applications so users can get the most out of the system. On TrustRadius, Pega Platform is most popular with enterprise software users while Salesforce is preferred by reviewers from midsize companies.
Pega Platforms’ main advantage is that it offers excellent case management and lifecycle management tools. These provide users with a visual representation of business cases and the ability to group related tasks into stages. It also allows them to easily monitor how and when the tasks are completed. It is a no-code platform that allows users to make changes through a graphical user interface to effect coding changes. TrustRadius users also report excellent support from the vendor and thorough training and process documentation.
Salesforce offers a best-of-breed CRM system that is highly customizable. Because it is an industry-standard CRM, it offers integrations with most major third-party software product, which is a major plus for companies that use many different applications throughout their organization. Salesforce also offers excellent reporting capabilities so that teams can stay focused on goals and milestones.
Pega Platform is not as broad of a solution as some of its competition. While it has different modules and add-ons, it might not cater to organizations that have very specific business needs. Pega also does not offer as many software integrations as Salesforce so there may be limitations when it comes to integrating data streams form other third-party software into the Pega Platform.
Salesforce’s main detractors are its extreme complexity and the amount of time and effort required to customize the system. Many businesses may not need all the features that are offered. This can make it overwhelming for new users learning how to use the Salesforce CRM platform. TrustRadius users mention a lack of videos for web-based training and that the software could use better help tools overall. Salesforce is also in the process of transitioning to a more streamlined user interface called Salesforce Lightning Experience, but some users report that they have difficulty in navigating the newer UI.
Pega Platform offers a 30-day free trial of the software, which does not include the full capabilities of the Pega Cloud service. For example, the free version does not include case management, analytics, or access to the virtual private cloud. Perga Platform’s Enterprise Starter package is $90 per user per month. This plan is differentiated from the way competitors price their software in that Pega only charges for actual usage within a given period, rather than just the user license.
Salesforce CRM lives inside the Salesforce Sales Cloud, which offers a free trial and four paid pricing plans. Their lowest-tier plan costs $25 per user per month and has relatively limited functionality. For example, it does not include lead registration and lead scoring, pipeline forecasting, or workflow automation. Pega’s Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited plans respectively cost $75/user/month, $150/user/month, and $300/user/month.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on October 2, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
Business rules engine
Support for modeling languages
Social collaboration tools
Customer data management / contact management
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Quote & order management
Channel / partner relationship management
Call center management
Help desk management
Billing and invoicing management
API for custom integration
Single sign-on capability
Role-based user permissions
- Pega’s Situational layer cake architecture is capable of organizing application to suit enterprise needs. An enterprise can have a complex organization structure located around the globe. Because of Situational layer cake architecture reusing common policies and procedures is easy while allowing for differences between products, regions, channels and customer segments.Whereas with some application development platforms, separate copies of the application should be created to suite different business context.
- Faster application delivery
- With Pega developers can reuse common policies and procedures, replicate functions and industry specific frameworks and utilize pega UI elements to develop applications. IT is easy to deploy.Therefore developers are capable of delivering application earlier compared to some application development platforms. Pega reduces time taken to deliver an outcome.
- Pega upgrades
- Pega platform is upddated to adapt and work with latest technologies.
- Proprietary users support and maintain Pega platform continuously. Pega customer support is always willing to enhance product support.
- Salesforce.com is extremely customizable. I would not consider it an out-of-the-box solution, although its standard fields allow for fundamental CRM activities and reporting.
- Salesforce.com is able to integrate with 100s of third-party softwares—often times creating efficiencies in processes.
- Reports within Salesforce.com have the ability to be simple as a standard Account report, or you can get very granular with your report filtering to segment a very specific result, eg. Accounts in California who are active clients and fall within the pharmaceutical industry and have a specified market capitalization.
- Pega’s Strategic Apps, Cobrowse and OpenSpan offerings appeal to midmarket customers, but Pega is not aggressively promoting Pega 7 and Pega Express as stand-alone iBPMS platforms to the midmarket.
- Pega doesn't support powerful data or process modeling capabilities as compared to the other tools.
- Pega doesn't support full extraction, transformation and loading capabilities as offered by other industry-leading tools. Pega support doesn't solve tickets correctly on-time.
- Costs vs. ROI: The initial cost to BUILD whatever instance your SF sales rep presents to you and sells; the COST associate to get to that build is NEVER explained or discussed.
- The Salesforce sales rep's job is to sell you on an idea and hope, rather than practical application, implementation, and realistic expectations of the egregiously cantankerous and universally overpriced CRM.
- They do not vet, manage or hold accountable their 'implementation partners'. Again, the sales rep for Salesforce; their job is to sell you the platform, not what you they showed you the platform can do. There is extreme neglect in discussing the actual cost to get their CRM platform to do WHAT they have showcased to you. Not to mention the time it takes to get there. Not to mention the partners they refer to you are random. These 3rd party companies do ALL the work and make ALL the money on behalf of Salesforce, for themselves. You get stuck in contracts with mediocre service or lackluster results and there is NO recourse for you as the consumer against these 'partners'.
- If I want to sell GM cars, GM has standards and minimums they require in order for me to represent their brand. If I do shady dealings, rip customers off or am just a terrible business to be in business with, GM would strip me of my dealership title for their brand. SalesForce does no such thing. I could start a company to implement salesforce, have you sign a contract and deliver a garbage product. If you go to SF to complain about that; "Our hands our tied" as I have been told.
- Salesforce does not care about your user experience, they just want you to buy more. It is a Sales organization, not a software company. Again, they do not care about your business, the negative impact of their CRM rollout, or how terrible their 3rd party support partners are. They. Dont. Care. They just want your money.
- SF is aware they are the biggest player on the block. They have all the cards. You, the consumer, as an individual business, have no power or say.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
Points per Salesforce -
1) Multitenant kernel - With a multitenant platform, each business that uses the app doesn’t have its own copy. Instead, all businesses share a single copy and then customize it for their specific needs.
2) ISO 27001 certified security - You can’t compromise when it comes to enterprise-level security. Force.com is road-tested and trusted by nearly 100,000+ companies, including many of the world’s most security-conscious organizations, such as banks and health care providers.
3) Proven reliability - All Force.com apps run on world-class data centers with backup, failover, and disaster-recovery facilities. Force.com has had a proven 99.9 percent uptime record for years.
4) Proven, real-time scalability - Force.com is used by many of the world's largest enterprises, including Cisco, Japan Post Network, and Symantec. Applications can automatically scale from a few users to millions of page views, as needed.
5) Real-time query optimizer - You need fast access to your data. The Force.com query optimizer delivers under 300ms response time, at a massive scale.
6) Real-time transparent system status - You can always see real-time system performance, availability, and security information at trust.salesforce.com.
7) Real-time upgrades - Unlike traditional software platforms, our upgrades never break your customizations, code, or integrations. We upgrade the platform for you 3 to 4 times each year. As a result, you’re always on the latest version, with access to the latest features, performance, and security enhancements.
8) Real-time sandbox environments - With a single click, you can create copies of your applications, configuration, and data in separate environments for development, testing, and training.
9) Three global production data centers and disaster recovery - Force.com runs on three geographically dispersed, mirrored data centers with built-in replication, disaster recovery, a redundant network backbone, and no single points of failure
I had 3 years of experience at the time. I skipped basic and went onto advanced and still not helpful. A lot of it was best practices that didn’t feel relevant for our business
We are grandfathered into premium support plus training. We get unlimited access to instructor led and online training for free. We have taken advantage of this
Contract Terms and Pricing Model
Return on Investment
- With our framework, we have been able to build new applications in 10% of the time/cost. Example, we built an application that took 8 months and 1.2 million k in a traditional .net environment and was able to build a similar application in 60 days for about 100k
- Collaboration with the designer shaves weeks off the requirements gathering
- Standard reporting is a launchpad that allows the users to accept the system without waiting for MIS reports to follow application build which often would usually delay use for 60 to 90, but not with Pega
- Companies that either hire consulting expertise or have in-house experts will benefit the most. It can be a powerful tool. Manage it correctly and there will be great benefits.
- Conversely, if companies don't implement Salesforce.com with a plan, there will be frustration and small if any ROI realized.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Pega Platform Editions & Modules
- Per User Per Month
Additional Pricing DetailsFor the latest information on pricing, visit https://www.pega.com/products/pega-7-platform/pricing
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Salesforce Editions & Modules
- Per User/Per Month
- Per user/Per month