Based on 2634 reviews and ratings
Pega Platform is a business process management platform that offers a suite of best-in-class process automation and case management solutions. It also provides users with marketing and sales CRM capabilities. Salesforce offers a popular cloud-based CRM platform that aims to streamline lead and opportunity management by bringing relationship management, automation, and reporting functions under one umbrella.
Pega Platform excels at case management and offers users a no-code visual app development experience. Pega can also function as a CRM and has built-in AI capabilities to assist in decision making. Salesforce is the dominant CRM platform in the market today and offers integrations with thousands of applications so users can get the most out of the system. On TrustRadius, Pega Platform is most popular with enterprise software users while Salesforce is preferred by reviewers from midsize companies.
Pega Platforms’ main advantage is that it offers excellent case management and lifecycle management tools. These provide users with a visual representation of business cases and the ability to group related tasks into stages. It also allows them to easily monitor how and when the tasks are completed. It is a no-code platform that allows users to make changes through a graphical user interface to effect coding changes. TrustRadius users also report excellent support from the vendor and thorough training and process documentation.
Salesforce offers a best-of-breed CRM system that is highly customizable. Because it is an industry-standard CRM, it offers integrations with most major third-party software product, which is a major plus for companies that use many different applications throughout their organization. Salesforce also offers excellent reporting capabilities so that teams can stay focused on goals and milestones.
Pega Platform is not as broad of a solution as some of its competition. While it has different modules and add-ons, it might not cater to organizations that have very specific business needs. Pega also does not offer as many software integrations as Salesforce so there may be limitations when it comes to integrating data streams form other third-party software into the Pega Platform.
Salesforce’s main detractors are its extreme complexity and the amount of time and effort required to customize the system. Many businesses may not need all the features that are offered. This can make it overwhelming for new users learning how to use the Salesforce CRM platform. TrustRadius users mention a lack of videos for web-based training and that the software could use better help tools overall. Salesforce is also in the process of transitioning to a more streamlined user interface called Salesforce Lightning Experience, but some users report that they have difficulty in navigating the newer UI.
Pega Platform offers a 30-day free trial of the software, which does not include the full capabilities of the Pega Cloud service. For example, the free version does not include case management, analytics, or access to the virtual private cloud. Perga Platform’s Enterprise Starter package is $90 per user per month. This plan is differentiated from the way competitors price their software in that Pega only charges for actual usage within a given period, rather than just the user license.
Salesforce CRM lives inside the Salesforce Sales Cloud, which offers a free trial and four paid pricing plans. Their lowest-tier plan costs $25 per user per month and has relatively limited functionality. For example, it does not include lead registration and lead scoring, pipeline forecasting, or workflow automation. Pega’s Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited plans respectively cost $75/user/month, $150/user/month, and $300/user/month.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on October 2, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
Business rules engine
Support for modeling languages
Social collaboration tools
Customer data management / contact management
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Quote & order management
Channel / partner relationship management
Call center management
Help desk management
Billing and invoicing management
API for custom integration
Single sign-on capability
Role-based user permissions
- Pega’s Situational layer cake architecture is capable of organizing application to suit enterprise needs. An enterprise can have a complex organization structure located around the globe. Because of Situational layer cake architecture reusing common policies and procedures is easy while allowing for differences between products, regions, channels and customer segments.Whereas with some application development platforms, separate copies of the application should be created to suite different business context.
- Faster application delivery
- With Pega developers can reuse common policies and procedures, replicate functions and industry specific frameworks and utilize pega UI elements to develop applications. IT is easy to deploy.Therefore developers are capable of delivering application earlier compared to some application development platforms. Pega reduces time taken to deliver an outcome.
- Pega upgrades
- Pega platform is upddated to adapt and work with latest technologies.
- Proprietary users support and maintain Pega platform continuously. Pega customer support is always willing to enhance product support.
- Salesforce handles searches extremely well. Many users have described it as Google for all your work stuff. The trick is to get all of your data onto the platform, but once that is done the magic of its relational database becomes invaluable.
- Development on the Salesforce platform is very painless and easy to implement. The learning curve is not steep and the coding requirements are minimal. Their motto is "clicks not code" and that becomes very evident once you start using it.
- The adaptability of the platform to any business and any aspect of the business makes it a no-brainer if you can afford the licensing costs. Once you realize that its powers go beyond CRM then the sky is the limit, assuming you can afford the licensing. But the benefits far outweigh the costs.
- Pega’s Strategic Apps, Cobrowse and OpenSpan offerings appeal to midmarket customers, but Pega is not aggressively promoting Pega 7 and Pega Express as stand-alone iBPMS platforms to the midmarket.
- Pega doesn't support powerful data or process modeling capabilities as compared to the other tools.
- Pega doesn't support full extraction, transformation and loading capabilities as offered by other industry-leading tools. Pega support doesn't solve tickets correctly on-time.
- Although Salesforce is highly customizable it requires knowing extensive knowledge about the database and the way it functions. This means we had to hire consultants to create a framework for us that we could then use. It means we also retain someone as consultants throughout the year for changes because we cannot afford to have a full-time staff member who knows the ins and outs of the database.
- The same can be said for generating reports. It took me a few months to really understand how to generate the reports I was looking for. It requires knowing a bit about the way fields are connected and working from there. I've learned that practice is key. Additionally, we had our consultants teach some staff how to pull reports as well.
- I primarily use Salesforce to track donor information. Since it is not specifically a donor management database there are some features that are missing that I know other platforms do have. For example, I can't batch upload acknowledgment letters to certain donation records as you can in Raisers Edge, etc.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
Trust.salesforce.com is the salesforce.com community's home for real-time information on system performance and security. On this site you'll find:
Live and historical data on system performance
Up-to-the minute information on planned maintenance
Phishing, malicious software and social engineering threats
Best security practices for your organization
Information on how we safeguard your data
I had 3 years of experience at the time. I skipped basic and went onto advanced and still not helpful. A lot of it was best practices that didn’t feel relevant for our business
We are grandfathered into premium support plus training. We get unlimited access to instructor led and online training for free. We have taken advantage of this
Return on Investment
- With our framework, we have been able to build new applications in 10% of the time/cost. Example, we built an application that took 8 months and 1.2 million k in a traditional .net environment and was able to build a similar application in 60 days for about 100k
- Collaboration with the designer shaves weeks off the requirements gathering
- Standard reporting is a launchpad that allows the users to accept the system without waiting for MIS reports to follow application build which often would usually delay use for 60 to 90, but not with Pega
- Negative: The cost/time to get everything up and running is substantial.
- Positive: Salesforce provides MANY new tools that should aid in recruitment
- Positive: Salesforce allows us to better serve our existing members by having a shared data profile that holds interactions and information.
- Positive: Salesforce provides options for automation that we did not have before. This frees up many manual processes
- Overall, Salesforce should have an enormous ROI.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Pega Platform Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing DetailsFor the latest information on pricing, visit https://www.pega.com/products/pega-7-platform/pricing
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Salesforce Editions & Modules
- Per User Per Month