October 10, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
eTakeoff is being used by our estimators as a comprehensive software to provide electronic views and takeoff tool for integration and to sync all the measures specs of footprints in the company across all construction projects.
This is a consolidated suite that gathers all to meet the needs of construction businesses, regardless of project size. The solution also integrates with a variety of electronic plan rooms and construction estimating solutions like Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, or A360.
There are three product levels in eTakeoff, including a free Basic version, so companies can find their best fit and upgrade as needed. I do strongly recommend to use eTakeoff Server Client, with at least for starters 1 Server license and 4 seats for concurrent access for the estimators.
- Client Server Solutions that allows to work simultaneously on the several footprints projects
- Integration with Construction Management Software's like Sage 300 CRE - Estimating
- Compatible with mobile devices like Microsoft Surface
- Savings upon the printing process to start the measurement phase
- Simplifies the amount of materials with only a pack of PDF footprints, granting the calculation of the material lists
- eTakeoff for Construction companies that work with client-server architecture the experience for the end user can be rush between lag or slowness to access to the shared folder resources within WAN access, VPN SSL or IPSEC connections
- eTakeoff can presents several tips and tricks to share project traces, common access for all the estimators can be overwhelming in case that the main shared folder is not set.
- eTakeoff requires at least 100 Mbps for remote branch office to connect to Terminal Server station. The format and consult method of shared configurations and footprints can drain the network bandwidth.
Read Victor Arana's full review
eTakeoff for Multinational Construction companies has a challenge to overcome with the communication of package between shared resources, shared folders that came from the Server Solutions and also to declare new information without disrupting the pace of work from one to other estimator. Needs to cover the compression format view for Terminal Server users.