https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/QL/Hr/59RE5ON7FC4N.PNGI love Hightail for what it does, and I look forward to looking at the features I haven't even used yet!I use Hightail mainly for its large file transfer capabilities. I started using it way back when it was called YouSendIt. Today there are numerous options for this type of service, however my familiarity with Hightail and its feature set allows me to be very quick and efficient with its use. Large files transfers are important in my businesses and I love the capabilities that Hightail offers. I never really liked using ftp servers and the like. It just always seemed like a cumbersome option and I found that often something would go wrong. Hightail (or YouSendIt, back when I first started using it) was the first option that I found that made sending large files and attachments simple and intuitive.,The desktop application that Hightail offers makes sending files super simple. There's no need to log into an account via browser. The app sits right in your dock (on a Mac) and you can be sending out files to your clients in a matter of seconds. The option to compress large files into zip folders further makes downloading the files on the receiving end much quicker as well. I don't have to worry that an incredibly large file or multiple files will take a long time to download for my client. Numerous security options are offered for the files that you send. You can password protect the download so that only those who have the password can download it. You can also set an expiration date on the download. Also, Hightail offers identity verification so you can make sure that only your intended recipient can download your files and that the link cannot be forwarded and downloaded by others.,One area I always found a little confusing was using the Hightail website to download the latest version of their software. It's a pet peeve thing, but I like when everything is perfectly clear. For some reason, finding the link to update the desktop app is always annoying. There's no intuitive "update the desktop app HERE" link. It's a small logo somewhere on a pop-up that you have to find. Not something that hurts the software side, but still annoying to me. There are many other features that Hightail offers that I don't even use. Cloud file storage & sharing is one of them. I currently use Dropbox. When Hightail rolled out their cloud file storage feature, I was excited, as it came along with my current plan that I was already paying for. But I found it to not be such a smooth interface. Again, I like when things just work and this didn't seem to "just work" for me. It was too many steps. Admittedly, that was a while ago and I should probably go back and look at it again. Maybe it's safe to assume that the bugs have been worked out and it's a lot smoother. In fact, I'm going to add that to my to-do list! I wish Hightail would do more customer engagement. I know there are other collaborative features that Hightail offers and I'm not even sure what they are. I don't always have time to go and fish around to see what other things I can do. If Hightail put themselves in front of me a little more I might make more and better use of their systems.,10,Being able to quickly and competently send clients files and content for review is incredibly important. It's one thing to have documents that can be worked on collaboratively in real time. But audio and video files usually need review. Hightail is great for that and has made working with clients a breeze. Efficiency and fast-paced movement are important. Hightail offers very quick interaction with its software. I really like that about the platform and it speeds up my day and workflow. It's hard to put an exact ROI on its use but I would say that, in all the time I've been using Hightail, it's helped add to my bottom line by being able to complete projects faster and provide good service to clients. Would I say that repeat business is a result of using Hightail? Not necessarily, but it's definitely added to my ability to work efficiently and securely with clients. So it's part of the overall picture.,WeTransfer,Grasshopper, Gusto, Stripe, TaxJar, MailChimp, QuickBooks for MacOpenText Hightail: It's Pretty GoodWe generally use OpenText Hightail in order to streamline storage, delivery, organization, and data management of our video performances for our nonprofit's youth showcases. It has been primarily used by our Executive Director and Office Manager in order to have a safe place for the videos but is also used by video editors for uploading.,Storage: OpenText Hightail has a large amount of storage and can handle videos. Organization: It's easy to shuffle and organize data to make sense for you.,It was difficult to share videos, sometimes insisting that the user make a password and become a member before viewing. The links can expire quickly and instead of resetting, you just have to make a new one. The last iteration of OpenText Hightail before they merged with OpenText was kind of clumsy looking.,8,Team members can view and give feedback on videos, which is very useful. The storage really can't be overstated. It's great. It's generally pretty affordable for how much you can host on their server.,Google Drive,QuickBooks Online, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), QuickBooks for MacHightail is fast and easy!We use Hightail as a whole operation to transfer large files internally and to our clients.,Files are uploaded quite quickly Gives you the opportunity to password protect and receive a download receipt Files download quickly,Storing email addresses better for automatic population Brighter interface Branded email messages,10,We love it and use it every day, well worth it Wish mobile was a little better but a great investment Clients find it easy to use and that’s what we always strive for,,Workfront, Adobe Photoshop, Google DriveLightweight, Easy-to-use Tool to send Large Files via EmailOur agency often sends large files to prospects and clients that are too large to attach to emails. While we leverage DropBox for collecting and sharing many files, Hightail is useful when we need to send over a single, large document and we need to be able to track when the email is received and when the document is downloaded. This is especially useful for proposals, statements of work, etc.,Easily send a large PDF to a contact Track when the email is received and when the document is download, even if more than one person downloads it Website is fast and it doesn't take long to upload and send files,It would be nice to track who is downloading, not just unknown. Files often expire within a few days, it would be nice if they lasted longer. We sometimes have to resend if the client didn't click right away.,9,We use Hightail for sending out proposals to prospects. It is a major part of that process for us. Hightail is one of the first touchpoints a client has with the agency.,Dropbox Business and Citrix ShareFile,Act-On Software, HubSpot CRM, Google AnalyticsHightail does what it's supposed to do!Our company handles lots of construction drawings, and are usually huge files. Hightail helps us transfer these large files back and forth among general contractors and vendors.,Easy to use Fairly quick sending large files Logs that help us keep track of what went where, and when,Sometimes, Hightail emails get lost in recipient's spam,9,Prevents us from having to mail hardcopies of large files we can't email Quick and easy to use,Dropbox,Adobe Acrobat DC, SketchUp, Procore
OpenText Hightail

OpenText Hightail Reviews

OpenText Hightail
Filter 9 vetted OpenText Hightail reviews and ratings

Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician profile photo
January 16, 2019

OpenText Hightail Review: "I love Hightail for what it does, and I look forward to looking at the features I haven't even used yet!"

• The desktop application that Hightail offers makes sending files super simple. There's no need to log into an account via browser. The app sits right in your dock (on a Mac) and you can be sending out files to your clients in a matter of seconds.
  • The option to compress large files into zip folders further makes downloading the files on the receiving end much quicker as well. I don't have to worry that an incredibly large file or multiple files will take a long time to download for my client.
  • Numerous security options are offered for the files that you send. You can password protect the download so that only those who have the password can download it. You can also set an expiration date on the download. Also, Hightail offers identity verification so you can make sure that only your intended recipient can download your files and that the link cannot be forwarded and downloaded by others.
  • One area I always found a little confusing was using the Hightail website to download the latest version of their software. It's a pet peeve thing, but I like when everything is perfectly clear. For some reason, finding the link to update the desktop app is always annoying. There's no intuitive "update the desktop app HERE" link. It's a small logo somewhere on a pop-up that you have to find. Not something that hurts the software side, but still annoying to me.
  • There are many other features that Hightail offers that I don't even use. Cloud file storage & sharing is one of them. I currently use Dropbox. When Hightail rolled out their cloud file storage feature, I was excited, as it came along with my current plan that I was already paying for. But I found it to not be such a smooth interface. Again, I like when things just work and this didn't seem to "just work" for me. It was too many steps. Admittedly, that was a while ago and I should probably go back and look at it again. Maybe it's safe to assume that the bugs have been worked out and it's a lot smoother. In fact, I'm going to add that to my to-do list!
  • I wish Hightail would do more customer engagement. I know there are other collaborative features that Hightail offers and I'm not even sure what they are. I don't always have time to go and fish around to see what other things I can do. If Hightail put themselves in front of me a little more I might make more and better use of their systems.
Hightail is my go-to source when I need to send large files that would never fit as regular attachments. That being said, sometimes there are files that would perfectly fit as attachments but I want the security that Hightail provides when sending sensitive or private material. It's very comforting knowing that the content I'm sending is only being received and viewed by the intended parties. It's also comforting for my clients when it's THEIR content that I'm sending for review.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Sarah Bandy profile photo
January 18, 2019

User Review: "OpenText Hightail: It's Pretty Good"

• Storage: OpenText Hightail has a large amount of storage and can handle videos.
  • Organization: It's easy to shuffle and organize data to make sense for you.
  • It was difficult to share videos, sometimes insisting that the user make a password and become a member before viewing.
  • The links can expire quickly and instead of resetting, you just have to make a new one.
  • The last iteration of OpenText Hightail before they merged with OpenText was kind of clumsy looking.
OpenText Hightail is well suited to store large files and have them easily accessed by different members of your organization that have their own login information. It's less appropriate for hosting direct links to share videos or data to constituents that are not direct staff or don't have their own login information.
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
Rachel McIntyre profile photo
December 04, 2018

OpenText Hightail Review: "Hightail is fast and easy!"

• Files are uploaded quite quickly
  • Gives you the opportunity to password protect and receive a download receipt
  • Files download quickly
  • Storing email addresses better for automatic population
  • Brighter interface
  • Branded email messages
It's well suited to sending large files to clients or parties outside of the organization.
Read Rachel McIntyre's full review
November 16, 2018

OpenText Hightail Review: "Lightweight, Easy-to-use Tool to send Large Files via Email"

Our agency often sends large files to prospects and clients that are too large to attach to emails. While we leverage Dropbox for collecting and sharing many files, Hightail is useful when we need to send over a single, large document and we need to be able to track when the email is received and when the document is downloaded. This is especially useful for proposals, statements of work, etc.
  • Easily send a large PDF to a contact
  • Track when the email is received and when the document is download, even if more than one person downloads it
  • Website is fast and it doesn't take long to upload and send files
  • It would be nice to track who is downloading, not just unknown.
  • Files often expire within a few days, it would be nice if they lasted longer. We sometimes have to resend if the client didn't click right away.
HighTail is an easy solution for sending large files and not requiring the contact to have an account in order to download the file. It offers one-click downloading of the files which makes it really easy on the contact. If you are just looking to send files and track their whereabouts, this is a great solution.
Bryan Welborn profile photo
October 30, 2017

OpenText Hightail Review: "Hightail does what it's supposed to do!"

• Fairly quick sending large files
  • Logs that help us keep track of what went where, and when
  • Sometimes, Hightail emails get lost in recipient's spam
Hightail is great for sending large files electronically. That's all there is to it!
Read Bryan Welborn's full review

OpenText Hightail Scorecard Summary

Task Management (2)
Scheduling (1)
Mobile Access (3)
6.7
Search (1)
Visual planning tools (1)
Notifications (5)
Discussions (1)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (1)
Versioning (1)
Video files (5)
9.2
Audio files (5)
Document collaboration (2)
10.0
Access control (4)
Advanced security features (4)
9.8
Device sync (2)
10.0

About OpenText Hightail

OpenText Hightail is a cloud-based collaboration software for creative content reviews and approvals. With one place for teams to share large, multimedia files, collect precise feedback and approve content, Hightail streamlines the creative process and helps teams keep projects on schedule.

OpenText Hightail Features

Does not have featureIntegrates with other Project Management Tools
Has featureVisual planning tools
Communication Features
Does not have featureChat
Has featureStatus updates and activity feed
Has featureNotifications
Has featureComments and feedback
Has featureDiscussions
Has featureUser directory and online status
Has featureSharing and privacy
Does not have featureSurveys
Does not have featureInternal knowledgebase
Does not have featureIntegrates with Skype
Does not have featureIntegrates with GoToMeeting
Does not have featureIntegrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts
Has featureShared folders
Has featureAccess control
Has featureAdvanced security features
Has featureIntegrates with Google Drive
Does not have featureIntegrates with SharePoint
Has featureDevice sync
Has featureWeb interface
Has featureFile change notifications
Does not have featureSimultaneous editing
Has featureTime-stamped commenting on audio and video files
Has featureSide-by-side image comparison

OpenText Hightail Screenshots

OpenText Hightail Integrations

Slack, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, OpenText Core, OpenText Media Management (OTMM)

OpenText Hightail Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Lite$0100MB per file upload
Pro$15per user, per month
BusinessCustomper user, per month
Teams$35per user/per month

Lite: Send large files with anyone. Files are limited to 100MB for each file size uploaded, 2GB storage max. Files expire after 7 days. Pro: Send large files with anyone and set advanced security permissions such as expiration dates and access codes. Files are limited to 25GB for each file size uploaded, with unlimited storage. Teams: Send large files, collaborate in real-time and manage creative projects with your team. The Hightail Teams plan allows you to purchase multiple users online (from 1-15 users per organization) and allows users to send file sizes up to 50GB with unlimited storage. The Teams plan also includes features such as file previews, organization, annotations, version control, discussions, follow-ups, approval routing and more. Business: Create unlimited visual project folders (called a Space) with collaboration and project management features such as approval routing and assigning to-dos, upload unlimited files up to 100GB each, protect them with access codes and manage user permissions., plus intuitive admin controls , detailed activity analysis for your entire company, advanced organization options and priority support.

OpenText Hightail Support Options