• Video files (8)
  • Audio files (8)
  • Notifications (7)
  • Advanced security features (7)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of OpenText Hightail, and make your voice heard!

Lite

$0

100MB per file upload

Pro

$15

per user, per month

Teams

$30

per user/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.hightail.com/pricing

Project Management

Communication

File Sharing & Management

What is OpenText Hightail?

OpenText Hightail is a cloud-based collaboration software for creative content reviews and approvals. With one place for teams to share large, multimedia files, collect precise feedback and approve content, Hightail streamlines the creative process and helps teams keep projects on schedule.

OpenText Hightail Features

• Supported: File change notifications

• Supported: Time-stamped commenting on audio and video files
  • Supported: Side-by-side image comparison

OpenText Hightail Screenshots

Screenshot of Improve review process with inline commenting for visual files.Screenshot of Compare each update instantly with visual versions.Screenshot of Bring everyone and everything together in a Space.Screenshot of Improve the audio and video review process with time-stamped commenting.

OpenText Hightail Downloadables

OpenText Hightail Integrations

OpenText Hightail Competitors

OpenText Hightail Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

InVision, Dropbox, and Adobe Workfront are common alternatives for OpenText Hightail.

Reviewers rate Document collaboration and Access control highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of OpenText Hightail are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

The sending and revision of files, as well as their feedback, are one of the exceptional characteristics that OpenText Hightail has and the one that has been most useful for managing multiple projects and campaigns. Since the immediate sending and management, there is a task that not only facilitates the monitoring and development of projects but also their effectiveness. Added to this, it gives multiple managements in multiple areas, in content, documentation, and above all in communication.
  • Management of content, communication, spaces, and projects in general.
  • Control of processes, tasks and activities between the different members of teams.
  • Collaborative work through different media and channels.
  • There is no great possibility to adapt the software.
  • A fairly slow learning curve.
-It is useful for carrying out projects and campaigns that use an interdisciplinary team and in which multiple documents have to be worked on, since sending them ends up being pleasant and comfortable for all the people involved.
-When it is necessary to have real control and monitoring of the activities of an entire team, it facilitates visualization and coordination.
-Intuitive and easy to use for the simplest functionalities such as sending files and material.
-Due to its price, it is possible that if you do not use all the tools contained in the software, it might seem a bit expensive.
Saryia Green | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a part of marcom we use HighTail to transfer large files that we cannot send via our current email client.
  • It’s great for sending large-sized art files for print
  • It’s secure and files can be easily tracked
  • I like that it tells you how long it will take for the desired file to upload
  • Shared links expire too quickly
  • There is limited space for messaging
  • Recipients are sometimes confused about how to download files
Hightail is ideal when sending large art files for print. It eliminates the need for compressing and or zipping files. Files can be easily uploaded from multiple locations, and file type and size are never an issue when sending.
Lisa Moughan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Hightail to email large files both within our organization and to people outside the company. We work with many outside vendors and need to share graphics files, which are large. We also use Hightail to send training videos and similar information to our customers. We used to send a lot of information via CDs or USBs but that was inefficient and time-consuming. In addition, many of our customers no longer accept USBs because of the possibility of malware or viruses. Many different departments use the system including Marketing, Technical Support, Engineering, and Customer Service.
  • Easy to use for those uploading files.
  • Easy to upload multiple files.
  • Cost effective and works flawlessly.
  • Some of our recipients are not very tech-savvy and can get confused with how to download a file. There is some room for improvement by making it clearer where the user should click to download the file.
With the one small caveat regarding making downloading easier, I think the system is very effective and would recommend it to any colleagues. If working in an industry where many of the recipients are not tech savvy, you may want to look at a different option. But if someone is receiving email, I think it is a fair assumption that they'll figure out what to do. There are basically just two places to click and common sense should tell the user that if they click the first place and it doesn't work, then they should try clicking the other place.
Sarah Bandy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We generally use OpenText Hightail in order to streamline storage, delivery, organization, and data management of our video performances for our nonprofit's youth showcases. It has been primarily used by our Executive Director and Office Manager in order to have a safe place for the videos but is also used by video editors for uploading.
  • Storage: OpenText Hightail has a large amount of storage and can handle videos.
  • Organization: It's easy to shuffle and organize data to make sense for you.
  • It was difficult to share videos, sometimes insisting that the user make a password and become a member before viewing.
  • The links can expire quickly and instead of resetting, you just have to make a new one.
  • The last iteration of OpenText Hightail before they merged with OpenText was kind of clumsy looking.
OpenText Hightail is well suited to store large files and have them easily accessed by different members of your organization that have their own login information. It's less appropriate for hosting direct links to share videos or data to constituents that are not direct staff or don't have their own login information.
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Hightail mainly for its large file transfer capabilities. I started using it way back when it was called YouSendIt. Today there are numerous options for this type of service, however my familiarity with Hightail and its feature set allows me to be very quick and efficient with its use. Large files transfers are important in my businesses and I love the capabilities that Hightail offers. I never really liked using ftp servers and the like. It just always seemed like a cumbersome option and I found that often something would go wrong. Hightail (or YouSendIt, back when I first started using it) was the first option that I found that made sending large files and attachments simple and intuitive.
  • The desktop application that Hightail offers makes sending files super simple. There's no need to log into an account via browser. The app sits right in your dock (on a Mac) and you can be sending out files to your clients in a matter of seconds.
  • The option to compress large files into zip folders further makes downloading the files on the receiving end much quicker as well. I don't have to worry that an incredibly large file or multiple files will take a long time to download for my client.
  • Numerous security options are offered for the files that you send. You can password protect the download so that only those who have the password can download it. You can also set an expiration date on the download. Also, Hightail offers identity verification so you can make sure that only your intended recipient can download your files and that the link cannot be forwarded and downloaded by others.
  • One area I always found a little confusing was using the Hightail website to download the latest version of their software. It's a pet peeve thing, but I like when everything is perfectly clear. For some reason, finding the link to update the desktop app is always annoying. There's no intuitive "update the desktop app HERE" link. It's a small logo somewhere on a pop-up that you have to find. Not something that hurts the software side, but still annoying to me.
  • There are many other features that Hightail offers that I don't even use. Cloud file storage & sharing is one of them. I currently use Dropbox. When Hightail rolled out their cloud file storage feature, I was excited, as it came along with my current plan that I was already paying for. But I found it to not be such a smooth interface. Again, I like when things just work and this didn't seem to "just work" for me. It was too many steps. Admittedly, that was a while ago and I should probably go back and look at it again. Maybe it's safe to assume that the bugs have been worked out and it's a lot smoother. In fact, I'm going to add that to my to-do list!
  • I wish Hightail would do more customer engagement. I know there are other collaborative features that Hightail offers and I'm not even sure what they are. I don't always have time to go and fish around to see what other things I can do. If Hightail put themselves in front of me a little more I might make more and better use of their systems.
Hightail is my go-to source when I need to send large files that would never fit as regular attachments. That being said, sometimes there are files that would perfectly fit as attachments but I want the security that Hightail provides when sending sensitive or private material. It's very comforting knowing that the content I'm sending is only being received and viewed by the intended parties. It's also comforting for my clients when it's THEIR content that I'm sending for review.
Rachel McIntyre | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Hightail as a whole operation to transfer large files internally and to our clients.
  • Files are uploaded quite quickly
  • Gives you the opportunity to password protect and receive a download receipt
  • Files download quickly
  • Storing email addresses better for automatic population
  • Brighter interface
  • Branded email messages
It's well suited to sending large files to clients or parties outside of the organization.
Our agency often sends large files to prospects and clients that are too large to attach to emails. While we leverage Dropbox for collecting and sharing many files, Hightail is useful when we need to send over a single, large document and we need to be able to track when the email is received and when the document is downloaded. This is especially useful for proposals, statements of work, etc.
  • Easily send a large PDF to a contact
  • Track when the email is received and when the document is download, even if more than one person downloads it
  • Website is fast and it doesn't take long to upload and send files
  • It would be nice to track who is downloading, not just unknown.
  • Files often expire within a few days, it would be nice if they lasted longer. We sometimes have to resend if the client didn't click right away.
HighTail is an easy solution for sending large files and not requiring the contact to have an account in order to download the file. It offers one-click downloading of the files which makes it really easy on the contact. If you are just looking to send files and track their whereabouts, this is a great solution.
Bryan Welborn | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company handles lots of construction drawings, and are usually huge files. Hightail helps us transfer these large files back and forth among general contractors and vendors.
  • Fairly quick sending large files
  • Logs that help us keep track of what went where, and when
  • Sometimes, Hightail emails get lost in recipient's spam
Hightail is great for sending large files electronically. That's all there is to it!