Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- It’s great for sending large-sized art files for print
- It’s secure and files can be easily tracked
- I like that it tells you how long it will take for the desired file to upload
- Shared links expire too quickly
- There is limited space for messaging
- Recipients are sometimes confused about how to download files
- What we stumbled upon after being a customer is how scalable it is, that is, we can upgrade our offering easily without having to establish a new contract.
- The team collaboration feature has saved us weeks on project completion. It has even reduced the need for some travel for the team to have to be in the same room when working on a time-sensitive project.
- You can start with a basic package until you are comfortable with it. There is no pressure to start with the "super platinum" level like so many SaaS cloud vendors do.
- I wish the screen would auto refresh faster, but that could be an issue with our bandwidth or IT pipeline and not the product.
- I'd like a quicker way to get people up to speed than giving them a link to watch a multitude of videos and tutorials.
- The desktop application that Hightail offers makes sending files super simple. There's no need to log into an account via browser. The app sits right in your dock (on a Mac) and you can be sending out files to your clients in a matter of seconds.
- The option to compress large files into zip folders further makes downloading the files on the receiving end much quicker as well. I don't have to worry that an incredibly large file or multiple files will take a long time to download for my client.
- Numerous security options are offered for the files that you send. You can password protect the download so that only those who have the password can download it. You can also set an expiration date on the download. Also, Hightail offers identity verification so you can make sure that only your intended recipient can download your files and that the link cannot be forwarded and downloaded by others.
- One area I always found a little confusing was using the Hightail website to download the latest version of their software. It's a pet peeve thing, but I like when everything is perfectly clear. For some reason, finding the link to update the desktop app is always annoying. There's no intuitive "update the desktop app HERE" link. It's a small logo somewhere on a pop-up that you have to find. Not something that hurts the software side, but still annoying to me.
- There are many other features that Hightail offers that I don't even use. Cloud file storage & sharing is one of them. I currently use Dropbox. When Hightail rolled out their cloud file storage feature, I was excited, as it came along with my current plan that I was already paying for. But I found it to not be such a smooth interface. Again, I like when things just work and this didn't seem to "just work" for me. It was too many steps. Admittedly, that was a while ago and I should probably go back and look at it again. Maybe it's safe to assume that the bugs have been worked out and it's a lot smoother. In fact, I'm going to add that to my to-do list!
- I wish Hightail would do more customer engagement. I know there are other collaborative features that Hightail offers and I'm not even sure what they are. I don't always have time to go and fish around to see what other things I can do. If Hightail put themselves in front of me a little more I might make more and better use of their systems.
- Easy to use for those uploading files.
- Easy to upload multiple files.
- Cost effective and works flawlessly.
- Some of our recipients are not very tech-savvy and can get confused with how to download a file. There is some room for improvement by making it clearer where the user should click to download the file.
- Storage: OpenText Hightail has a large amount of storage and can handle videos.
- Organization: It's easy to shuffle and organize data to make sense for you.
- It was difficult to share videos, sometimes insisting that the user make a password and become a member before viewing.
- The links can expire quickly and instead of resetting, you just have to make a new one.
- The last iteration of OpenText Hightail before they merged with OpenText was kind of clumsy looking.
- Files are uploaded quite quickly
- Gives you the opportunity to password protect and receive a download receipt
- Files download quickly
- Storing email addresses better for automatic population
- Brighter interface
- Branded email messages
- Easily send a large PDF to a contact
- Track when the email is received and when the document is download, even if more than one person downloads it
- Website is fast and it doesn't take long to upload and send files
- It would be nice to track who is downloading, not just unknown.
- Files often expire within a few days, it would be nice if they lasted longer. We sometimes have to resend if the client didn't click right away.
OpenText Hightail Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About OpenText Hightail
OpenText Hightail Screenshots
OpenText Hightail Integrations
OpenText Hightail Competitors
OpenText Hightail Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Lite||$0||100MB per file upload|
|Pro||$15||per user, per month|
|Business||Custom||per user, per month|
|Teams||$30||per user/per month|
Lite: Send large files with anyone. Files are limited to 100MB for each file size uploaded, 2GB storage max. Files expire after 7 days. Pro: Send large files with anyone and set advanced security permissions such as expiration dates and access codes. Files are limited to 25GB for each file size uploaded, with unlimited storage. Teams: Send large files, collaborate in real-time and manage creative projects with your team. The Hightail Teams plan allows you to purchase multiple users online (from 1-30 users per organization) and allows users to send file sizes up to 50GB with unlimited storage. The Teams plan also includes features such as file previews, organization, annotations, version control, discussions, follow-ups, approval routing and more. Business: Create unlimited visual project folders (called a Space) with collaboration and project management features such as approval routing and assigning to-dos, upload unlimited files up to 100GB each, protect them with access codes and manage user permissions., plus intuitive admin controls , detailed activity analysis for your entire company, advanced organization options and priority support.
OpenText Hightail Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
OpenText Hightail Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|