Reviews (1-8 of 8)
December 07, 2018
We use KickServ (Formerly Service Sidekick) to house our client information, produce estimates/work-orders/invoices, process payments, produce marketing reports. Out techs use the mobile app out in the field to complete their work orders, upload photos, collect client agreement to change orders and job satisfaction. We could not run our business without it, and it gives us a clear edge. Or clients love the ability to approve the estimates and/or request estimate modifications at any time of the day. They also love the online client portal for housing their past jobs and job photos, and making payments (again any time of the day or night). Our Realtor clients value it for the ability to share with their clients and other agents involved in the real estate transaction when repairs have been requested.
- The ability to send an estimate to a client that they can review and approve with the click of their mouse is essential
- The ability for the client to securely pay their estimate right from within their invoice online is a huge hit
- The ability for our staff to change an estimate and have it change dynamically for the client at their computer immediately is huge
- The mobile app needs greater functionality, like signature capture ability and marking the job complete in both areas on the web-based platform (currently, does not mark the check mark as complete on the web)
- The ability to insert additional labor or parts anywhere in the item list instead of having to add them at the end would be really great to keep things organized and clear for both our team and the clients
- It would be really good if an authorized user could retroactively mark start and end times of a job (when a tech forgets to click start or complete out in the field)
Read Kurt Hanke's full review
We use KickServ for nearly every aspect of our operation and cannot think of a scenario when it is "inappropriate" or "less appropriate". It is the backbone of our operation and is used for everything from data gathering to estimates to invoices to payments and accounts receivables to reports to tracking to storage of photos and past invoices. Better searching abilities would be good instead of having to create tags for things we don't know we are going to need later.
I have been using KickServ for the past 7 years. It is a very robust CMR that integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks Online. The staff is very accommodating and tech support is very accessible when you need them. They are a pleasure to work with. I recommend them very highly to any service type business that needs to track their, sales, techs, and it's great for marketing. I give KisckServ 5 stars!
Read Yvonne Graber's full review
Any type of service business
February 14, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
We used the software across the whole organization. I used it on both sides. In the field, I used it to see what jobs I had and to get quotes for customers to let them know everything at the time of service. It was also good to keep track of your schedule and make changes as necessary. I also worked in the office on the other side where I would input new customers as well as send out new requests as they came in.
- Organization - keeps everything organized nicely and has several different filters that you can use to view only the information you need.
- Simple website - this was important because you want it to load quickly when you are in the office and on the road.
- Database - keeps track of the things that you enter. This is nice when trying to get information on a product or a price when requested by the customer.
- Availability - There were several times when the system was down during normal business hours. This was really frustrating as you could imagine.
- Mobile App - This is something they had but did not put a lot of effort into it. While on the road most people would use the site on their phone and the app was missing several things and the mobile site through a browser could be hard to see.
Read Scott Strader's full review
The software is pretty reliable and self-explanatory. I think they need to work on making things more mobile friendly as people in the field are using this for up to several hours a day.
Our entire company uses KickServ to deliver our services to the marketplace. Salespeople create estimates through KickServ and the crews in the field use it to access their work orders and enter their time for payroll and job-costing purposes.
- The ability to quickly convert estimates to jobs to invoices. There is very little duplicated effort in this regard.
- The ability to track hours for the guys in the field. They enter their own time, which saves a boat-load of administrative burden. We simply double check their time, and we can do that remotely.
- We can run custom reports to find data that we could have never accessed before, and since all of the things we need are in the same program, it makes things quite a bit easier than using multiple interfaces.
- Some of the reports are difficult for us to extract the data that we want. Sometimes I will get duplicated data, so I have to dump the files into Excel to make sure I've extracted any duplicates.
- Never was able to log in to the Android App, so I just gave up and kept using the mobile browser based option.
Read Grant Crowell's full review
If you have a service company that has techs on the road all day, it is great. If you don't have a very technically savvy workforce, it could be a little overly complicated for them. Our company straddles that line, and we make it work, but we often have foremen who have technology issues, and they get frustrated. The frustration is less to do with the app and more with their lack of ability to work a tablet.
Kickserv is our CRM and Field-service management platform. It generates our estimates/work orders/invoices/receipts, manages our jobs, runs our credit cards (at a very low rate). It has allowed us to grow and save money and time. Yes, there are a few aspects of the software that we had to customize or work around, but overall Kickserv has been a huge help.
- Cheapest cloud-based SaaS CRM software I could find, but perfect for our small field service (small construction) company.
- Kickserv has paid for itself with its low-rate integrated credit card processing through Stripe.
- The price and capabilities perfect for our small field service company (3 office staff, 3 employees in the field, and a few subcontractors)
- I love how the customer portal works.
- It has saved us massive amounts of time and headache over our previous system.
- I expect the dispatch/mapping module would be difficult to use with more than 7-8 field technicians
- The API needs to be updated and documented (though I think I'm one of the very few people who use it)
- There's no offline capability; field-techs have to have a cell or wifi signal to use it.
Read Matthew Acuff's full review
Perfect for Field-service companies (remodel, landscaping, lawn services, carpet cleaning, etc.) with about 2-20 employees and 1-10 job-sites per day.
February 15, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
[It's being used for] scheduling, dispatch, and billing. Being able to access an up to date schedule on any device is immensely helpful. Customers appreciate being able to view and pay invoices online.
Read Todd Peterson's full review
[It's] well suited for most service companies that have multiple technicians and many jobs.
We use Kickserv to manage our quotes, and track the jobs that we have won. The sync feature with Quickbooks is the best sync with QB I've seen to date.
- Sync with Quickbooks- It does this very well.
- Managing Quotes
- Reporting Feature
- Reporting Features there are many built in reports and can customize your own.
- The Android App has made many improvements, but could still use some more.
- I wish there was a better way to track the quotes
Read Scott French's full review
Using KickServ as a field management service app is wonderful, the tech can clock in and out from the job so you can see how much time was really spent at the location.
We use Kickserv for our HVAC service company. Kickserv is easy to use and very robust for the price. The customer service is the best I've ever experienced.
- Customer Service: Customer Service is easily reached with an on screen prompt and is usually answered within the hour.
- Constant Improvement: Kickserv is constantly improving their product.
- Ease of use: The Dashboard is easy to understand and easy to use.
- I would like to see more fields syncing with Quickbooks (such as time and class)
Read Regina Folse's full review
Kickserv is well suited for the service maintenance and repair industry.
Kickserv Scorecard Summary
Kickserv is a field service management solution offered by ReachLocal. It includes features such as dynamic scheduling optimization, invoicing and online payments, and detailed reporting.
Categories: Field Service Management