Overall Satisfaction with Kickserv
Our entire company uses KickServ to deliver our services to the marketplace. Salespeople create estimates through KickServ and the crews in the field use it to access their work orders and enter their time for payroll and job-costing purposes.
- The ability to quickly convert estimates to jobs to invoices. There is very little duplicated effort in this regard.
- The ability to track hours for the guys in the field. They enter their own time, which saves a boat-load of administrative burden. We simply double check their time, and we can do that remotely.
- We can run custom reports to find data that we could have never accessed before, and since all of the things we need are in the same program, it makes things quite a bit easier than using multiple interfaces.
- Some of the reports are difficult for us to extract the data that we want. Sometimes I will get duplicated data, so I have to dump the files into Excel to make sure I've extracted any duplicates.
- Never was able to log in to the Android App, so I just gave up and kept using the mobile browser based option.
- We are essentially paper free. No paper work orders.
- We've been able to avoid a layer of middle management by supplementing this layer with technology. KickServ is a part of that layer.
- Negatively speaking, like all technology, it has created a void of human level connection. Because we know that we can deliver work orders to our foremen remotely, we are less likely to drive up to the shop and shake a hand or see someone face to face. We had to learn that lesson the hard way, that both technology and human connection are necessary to maintain our culture.
Arbor Gold & SalesForce.
If you have a service company that has techs on the road all day, it is great. If you don't have a very technically savvy workforce, it could be a little overly complicated for them. Our company straddles that line, and we make it work, but we often have foremen who have technology issues, and they get frustrated. The frustration is less to do with the app and more with their lack of ability to work a tablet.