Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) is a free, open-source database monitoring and management solution. It helps enterprises reduce complexity and simplify management, while optimizing performance and improving the security of business-critical database environments - on-premises or in the cloud. It...
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) is a free, open-source database monitoring and management solution. It helps enterprises reduce complexity and simplify management, while optimizing performance and improving the security of business-critical database environments - on-premises or in the cloud. It provides thorough time-based analysis for MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB servers to ensure that your data works as efficiently as possible.
PMM allows users to identify the issues that impact a business. A single platform, PMM aims to simplify management and reduce complexity. It helps users optimize databases by allowing users easily find, fix, and prevent issues with scaling, bottlenecks and potential outages, with tools to improve data security and reduce risk of data exposure. The vendor states PMM is used by thousands of organizations around the globe to manage their complex database environments.
- Supported: Alerts and notifications
- Supported: Dashboard
- Supported: Query Analysis
- Supported: Anomaly Detection
- Supported: Troubleshooting
- Supported: Resource Optimization
- Supported: Performance Monitoring
- Supported: Historical Trend Analysis
- Supported: Dependency Tracking
- Supported: Access Controls/Permissions
- Supported: Prioritization
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Visibility of performance between cluster nodes.
- Presents less obvious metrics.
- Very customisable.
- Documentation sufficient but not outstanding.
- Almost 'too much' data presented.
- Perhaps could have alert defaults.
I initially found the vast quantity of data presented to be overwhelming, but that is where I needed to raise my knowledge to understand the DB internals better. If you feel you don't know enough about your database performance the dashboards will keep you busy for a while. The Query Analytics tool may also be insightful. My only gripe is I wish there was more documentation on explaining some of the data for less experienced MySQL users.
- It serves us in the best ways. It has given us a golden opportunity to deeply looking at time-based analysis in order to make sure whether the data system is working perfectly or not.
- It can be set up straightforwardly without any hurdle. It always gives a smooth performance with much accuracy. It keeps on making innovations by adding new features as well as default dashboards for meeting all of our needs.
- The most impressive thing about this tool is that it consists of a huge number of incomparable features such as the Live supporting feature, Alerting feature, tracking, communication dashboard, and many other beneficial features too.
- Sometimes it creates problems while serving a huge number of servers but I am sure its efficient team will overcome this problem soon and with its rapid advancements there will surely be more latest and advanced alerting options.
- Truly speaking this is a great invention with very few shortcomings. I never face any dependency issues.
- Graphs the database parameters well
- Slow query identification
- System requirements are not easy to guess (especially for larger systems).
"Metrics Monitor" & "Query Analitycs" are two interesting functionalities that allow us to detect problems in the performance of our queries, in addition to providing proactive information on possible performance problems in the future if what it shows us reaches the production teams with those that interact with our clients or the administrators of our company. The set of graphics and elements to select gives us great ease when configuring the dashboard to our liking and covering many of the company's needs.
- Measure the time and performance of queries made in a database
- Integration with tools like Prometheus with the aim of storing information based on time
- Monitor our databases in the cloud, as well as optimize the performance of the database, improving the usability of customer applications
- It would be interesting to add support to more monitoring tools and improve the notification system so that there are more customization options.
- Everything has its graphs by category
- Easy enough to customized and deploy
- Very in depth metrics for MySQL, DBaaS, ProxySQL
- PMM alerting system should be updated and improved
- In some categories you cant grasp 25% of information
1. its value the ability to look at trending data history.
2. Great monitoring tools and it's free
3. Has an easy and simple solution for complex databases
5. Best for alert solution for MYSQL and MongoDB.
- Easy to deploy.
- Easy to use.
- Nice interface.
- Setting up alerts is still complicated.
- Automatic dashboards based on ec2 tags.
- Better scaling for larger deployment.
- Simple UI
- Deep dive of MySQL internal graphs
- Detailed graphs of Database internals and System
- High Availability
- Configuration for multiple alerting
- Inbuilt alert manager rules