Read all reviews
When I was at Haberfeld, I used Dataxu to track PPC campaigns across over 70 different financial services companies. It was used …
As part of the creative services department, we use DataXu as an ad serving platform for our clients; it is one of a few different options …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Roku OneView, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
The OneView Ad Platform (formerly Dataxu, acquired by Roku October 2019) is a solution for marketers and content owners to, according to the vendor, reach more cord cutters and measure performance using the largest TV identity dataset, where advertisers can manage their entire campaigns – including OTT, linear TV, omnichannel, and more – all in one place.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
When I was at Haberfeld, I used Dataxu to track PPC campaigns across over 70 different financial services companies. It was used specifically within our digital marketing department which included myself and two others. We worked together to track budgets, KPI's, and campaigns across 6-8 week spans. We also worked together to get new campaigns up and launched every month. Dataxu made it easy to run multiple campaigns at once while also comparing the data across the board.
- Integration across devices
- Website blacklisting
- Flagging problems. For example, if a campaign has been running a week and hasn't spent any of the budgets, there could be a setting enabling it from doing so. When you have multiple campaigns running, it's hard to track this.
Dataxu is great for running multiple campaigns at the same time. It's reporting features are great as well as the exchanges it has to offer. For a company just wanting to run one campaign, I don't think it would be worth their time learning how to navigate Dataxu; however, for a company running to run multiple campaigns, Dataxu makes the process easier. Dataxu has great customer service representatives that provide superior training whenever needed.
At Haberfeld, we had our own customer service representative out of Boston. He provided superior and timely support for all of our questions and needs. He also ran test campaigns to show us what our potential impact could be before we put dollars towards anything. He even came all the way down to Nebraska to visit with us at one point. Whenever we needed something, he was quick to respond and provide appropriate resources and training.
As part of the creative services department, we use DataXu as an ad serving platform for our clients; it is one of a few different options that we utilize depending on the client's needs.
- The platform's mobile serving capacity is great; spending is always consistent and the impression numbers are some of the highest we've seen. We can always depend on this method of ad serving to get us the results that we and our clients expect.
- The intelligence and audience information (found under the Reports tab) is helpful when writing a "story" for the client; it assists us in determining future targeting strategies. Custom Queries are also available under the Reports tab and these are extremely helpful when we need to view specific details about the campaign.
- The dashboard's spend-to-date graphic helps us to immediately recognize what campaigns are falling behind so that we may adjust the budgets accordingly.
- Although the dashboard is very informative, it is a bit hard to read. I believe the information could be better organized. I think it would be great if you could single out a campaign on the dashboard so that just the campaign in question was viewable, separate from all of the other campaigns.
- Many of our campaigns are built to run on a monthly basis and are therefore billed this way. In the DataXu platform, this can make setting up campaigns a bit difficult. It would be nice to have a feature that makes it easier to adjust budgets and flights on a monthly basis rather than creating new flights every month. Also, an easier to way to set up the budgets every month would be helpful as well.
- Although the Reports tab is very helpful, I believe the Audience and Intelligence tabs could be made more user-friendly. They are a bit hard to navigate and the graphs created in the Intelligence tab that show demographics and audience behavior are difficult to read and understand.
For Mobile campaigns, DataXu is great. Display campaigns and their set-up still need a few kinks worked out. It's not the most user-friendly platform out there.