August 14, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
SignalFX is used as the primary monitoring and alerting solution for our infrastructure and application metrics. It is used by engineering and solves the business problem of incident detection and/or prevention.
- SignalFX handles historical metric aggregation exceptionally well, providing a multifaceted approach to event detection based on anomalies.
- SignalFX's cost is incredibly flexible with their pricing model of DPM (data-point per minute) vs the traditional "per host" model that most monitoring SaaS use.
- SignalFX support is responsive and knowledgeable, very eager to help solve your immediate problems.
- SignalFX integrations is vast and constantly growing, making adoption easy even when multiple different open-source technologies are used in your stack.
- SignalFX has room for improvement in UX. With the amount of options available, SignalFX use can be somewhat complicated. They seem to prefer a less-opinionated implementation, which can have its pros and cons. Other solutions like Datadog can be easier to implement, though at the cost of their opinion on implementation and price.
Read DJ Enriquez's full review
SignalFX is well suited for environments where cost is a concern and the ability to decide what metrics are important to control that cost. Organizations with bandwidth to onboard a new system are also at an advantage. Organizations where cost is not a concern, may find better solutions elsewhere.