Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting
MIP Fund Accounting is used by the whole organization for department and overall reporting as well as compliance reporting. It was purchased to allow for reporting by cost allocation to multiple cost centers, including both internal departments and grants. The major benefit is that it allows a large number and multiple levels of cost centers and programs.
- Cost allocation. Allows great flexibility in the setup of cost pools and receipient centers.
- Multiple dimension coding structure. Allows complex accounting setups for multi-faceted organizations.
- Reporting. Allows many different report configurations.
- Exporting. Ease of exporting reports to PDF and Excel formats.
- Importing. We now import payroll files from a payroll provider.
- Bank reconciliation. Exceptionally outdated and inefficient process for clearing checks.
- Accounts payable. New vendor setup process could be so much easier, especially for vendors who are already employees.
- Credit card puchases. Badly needs improved functionality in the posting of transactions to actual vendors.
- The import process needs to be made more intuitive.
- We believe MIP Fund Accounting is a fairly efficient product.
- MIP Fund Accounting is slow to innovate and implement enhancement requests.
Much superior in terms of cost centers accounting and accruals.
Do you think MIP Fund Accounting delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MIP Fund Accounting's feature set?
Did MIP Fund Accounting live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of MIP Fund Accounting go as expected?
Would you buy MIP Fund Accounting again?
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Support from Community Brands
I can't recall that client services played a role, but it's been over twenty years ago. I did however attend a week long comprehensive MIP training in Albuquerque.
They often follow up to see if the issue is solved.
Using MIP Fund Accounting
3 - Accounting and people with basic bookkeeping skills. We have one accounts payable clerk, one payroll clerk, one human services coordinator, and one general ledger accountant. The accountant doubles as the technical support person for MIP.
- Vendor attributes database
- Importing cash receipts from Excel
- Importing health insurance costs
Evaluating MIP Fund Accounting and Competitors
MIP Fund Accounting Implementation
Important for staff to understand the database as well as the work stations.
Change management was a minor issue with the implementation - People are resistant to change.
MIP Fund Accounting Training
Very good, no complaints. The instructor really knew their stuff. Always enjoyed getting to travel to Austin. Hands on training is very worthwhile, beats trying to pick up stuff from a book or website. They should say more about the role of business partners and how to get in touch with them.
Configuring MIP Fund Accounting
Improve importing of files and credit card accounting, fix open sessions problem.
Yes - we have customized the interface extensively - To suit individual preferences. Yes, it was easy.
MIP Fund Accounting Support
Problems get solved
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Difficult to get immediate help
Using MIP Fund Accounting
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
MIP Fund Accounting Reliability
Integrating MIP Fund Accounting
We now import payroll files. Not too difficult but could be more automated.
Relationship with Community Brands
Upgrading MIP Fund Accounting
Yes - For a while there was a problem with the new release version recording the correct version number. Also, the way HR module upgrades are distributed could be improved.
- Credit card accounting
- Improved importing
- Remedying open sessions problem