Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
We use MIP Fund Accounting for all of our accounting and payroll across our organization. We also use the HR Management Module with MIP Fund Accounting. We are a non-profit organization that supports four public charter high schools. Our employee count is approximately 175 which includes teachers and staff.
- Easy to use and implement. Even new users can get up to speed quickly on MIP Fund Accounting.
- Works well by having it on a local server in our environment where we can control access easily and have quick response times.
- Currently we are now using EFT and employee notifications which is working great
- Also using MIP Fund Accounting for W2s.
- I think it should be MAC compatible and it is not.
- The HR Management Module still has some issues and could be enhanced.
- Some of the reporting features could be better.
- The positive is that it works great and we rarely have issues. When we do have issues the tech support is really good.
- We do not use the hosted version but I would like to budget for it.
We use it for all accounts payable and accounts receivable and that works great.
Yes, we have worked with NP Solutions for a long time and they are very knowledgeable. We did a big migration with them and also implemented the HR Module with them. All went really well.
We actually were originally Sage users and then at some point this product turned in to MIP Fund Accounting. I did not like it as much when it was still SAGE. We stayed with the Sage HR for a while then eventually purchased the MIP HR Management module which is soooo much better now. Prior to that we were doing so many things manually between Sage HR and MIP.
For a small to medium business I would certainly recommend MIP Fund Accounting. I probably would tell them to go with the hosted version if they did not have any internal tech support to have their own server. They would not have to worry about updates etc. It's great that when MIP does come out with a new version it is very easy to implement for the users on a one to one basis. I really like the Auto Backup features anytime you logout of the database....this ensures you always have a recent backup of what you just worked on.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Support from Community Brands
Worked with a partner NP Solutions on the implementation. While I consulted with MIP the actual implementation and planning was setup by NP Solutions.
Community Brands setup our complete MIP Cloud environment by converting us from in house to hosted. They also provided training links to resources for Admins and Users.
Yes they are very quick at responding and when we had some initial issues with the migration for MAC Users they provided excellent support
We are now in the cloud and it has enabled has to have much more flexibility for access as well as adding other services such as Microix
Using MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
1 - A tech person that understands how the system is setup and managed so they can provide help and support to the Finance team.
- Accounts Payable
- Microix Timesheets and Employee Portal
- Microix Employee Portal
- TimeSheets and Time Off Requests
- I believe it meets our current needs
The Finance organization really thinks MIP works great for our type of organization for Accounting, AP, and Payroll.
5 - Finance, Accounting, Payroll, Hr.
Evaluating MIP Fund Accounting and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Prior Experience with the Product
Would not change it
MIP Fund Accounting Support
They are usually very good.
Yes - Because we need to get answers quickly if there is an issue.
Yes - Yes
Using MIP Fund Accounting
Mostly it is good. Sometimes I have to search around to troubleshoot a specific function.