Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
We are a small company with many remote employees, so having an easy-to-use and thorough reporting software package is crucial. We use ADP Workforce Now to record time off requests, absences, and worked hours. We are also able to access past paychecks for up to 3 years, which is very helpful. Finally, you can also use WFN to check how much paid time off has been used, and what is still left for yourself and/or for your employees.
- For managers, it is easy to access and view information, as well as approve time cards and time off requests.
- For all users, it is helpful to access current and past paychecks.
- All information is accessible through one portal, which is very streamlined.
- At least the way we are set up, managers can only see their direct reports' information. So my manager cannot view my staff's information, which seems strange.
- The program does not aggregate all time off requests into a common calendar. It would be super convenient to have time off requests automatically recorded and shown on a group calendar to easily see who is off and when coverage might be an issue.
- For hourly employees, I find filling out the hours to be tricky...but I don't do it all the time, so it might just be inexperience.
- Within my department, WFN has been a big time saver and has made monitoring and managing time off requests and balances easy. Employees can see info on their own without having to bother HR, which is also a time saver for them.
- HR is able to post all company policies, and employees can easily view and reference them. We are always sure to be seeing the most recent version and, with how often policies change, that is a good thing. It saves HR the time of reissuing via email.
Not sure. - I believe that Workforce Now has been a great time saver because it gives employees the ability to be self-serving. With a lot of remote employees in different time zones, it could be difficult for HR to keep up with the many questions that could arise around time off balances, paychecks, etc. Our previous option (I can't remember the name) was very manual and time-consuming, and nothing was easily accessible. Workforce Now is far superior.
We always used ADP Workforce Now for issuing paychecks, so it made sense to centralize and go with the same company to manage time reporting and managing. Our previous system was manual and was very time consuming and prone to mistakes.
I feel like if ADP would just make a few adjustments to the program (as described in my Cons section), it would be a really fabulous program and could be useful in virtually any kind of organization. We are a small to medium company with many remote employees, and it works great. But it could be just as useful for centrally located staff and for tiny to huge companies. I don't purchase the software, so I have no idea of the cost, or if it would be cost prohibitive for smaller companies.