Rocky implementation, but enjoying the ride now!
February 22, 2020

Rocky implementation, but enjoying the ride now!

Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now

We use ADP Workforce Now as our HR/Payroll HCM system, to include Time & Attendance and Self-Serve for all employees. We use it for Onboarding and plan to add Recruiting to that piece. We are still fairly new to the product, so are adding as we go along.

Pros

• I'm very pleased with the ease of ACA reporting.
  • I appreciate the flow between screens in keeping the selected employee visible across all of them rather than pulling up each screen and selecting that employee over and over.

Cons

• The Professional Suffix on the Name tile under Personal Profile should be editable. We have variations of NP (Nurse Practitioner), which isn't even the correct title anymore. It has been changed to APRN (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse). We also have two DNPs (Doctor of Nursing Practice). But I have to select NP for all.
  • I wish the enrollment setup was more editable. I'd like to add explanations of each insurance offering, such as voluntary life available up to five times yearly earnings. There is no place to put comments.
  • Too soon to tell
If the question refers to being able to upgrade or add to the modules we currently have, although there would be a limit, right now there is much to add to our base.
  • Our GL is still with Microsoft Dynamics, so Accounting has integrated it with ADP Workforce Now.
  • We also are integrated with ADP's 401k side.
Ceridian's customer service was pretty non-existent in many areas, particularly in payroll. That was our main reason for going to ADP, with its reputation for being a stellar payroll company. Ceridian has many levels of technological sophistication, which makes it nearly impossible to be self-sufficient with their product, particularly for reporting. Plan setup in benefits was not intuitive. I like how ADP Workforce Now is more "user-friendly," and the Bridge can be very helpful for reaching out to the ADP community at large for their experience. I also like the self-learning opportunities ADP offers, including the learning bytes on nearly every screen.
Our implementation period with ADP Workforce Now was very difficult. We received scant communication from the Program Manager, and then were rushed into going live before we were really ready. That made for a shaky and inefficient beginning for those of us implementing it on our end and for the employees. No training for them at all. They were pretty much thrown in to sink or swim.

On the other hand, my own personal contact for Benefits and ACA reporting was very helpful. Sometimes he didn't get things set up correctly, but when I figured it out and told him, he always corrected them immediately.

ADP Workforce Now Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Pay calculation
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Approval workflow
Balance details
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View company policy documentation
Employee recognition
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
Performance plans