Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT is a great database option for professional fundraisers
July 12, 2022

Matt Cleveland | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

This cloud-based database helps me be able to manage and access our donor files remotely to keep records up-to-date and at my fingertips no matter where I'm working from. There is also a traditional "database view" that helps folks who used the original Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT database more comfortable. The Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT view also offers easy-to-pull lists and reports that make it handy as well.
  • It provides easy snapshot reports to measure performance
  • It helps me look up donor files accurately with very few details
  • It helps me access my database from where ever I am working remotely
  • It could pull queries faster
  • It could do a better job of helping with data hygiene and identifying duplicate records
  • I wish Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT offered more robust querying options that are found in the database view of the product
  • Cloud based
  • Easy to use interface
  • Mobile friendly
  • It has taken our database from a server-based to cloud-based, cutting the risk of losing important data down considerably.
  • It cuts the risk of data breaches down as well since we are not using remote server logins to access our database.
  • Having active customer service is also a huge advantage. Our old system was antiquated and no longer offer support.
As we gear up for a capital campaign, these donor analytics have been hugely helpful in identifying potential donors for targeting a major gift. It has provided data to help narrow down a targeted ask amount and show what each donor is capable of giving towards the campaign. This is a very valuable insight into our data.
Our staff was able to access online training and complete courses to get up-to-speed on Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT during the implementation phase. Blackbaud offered a menu of courses we needed to take. This was great for the staff we had at the time. I wish they offered an onboarding menu for new employees as well that was a quicker training.
Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT is superior to both Sage Fundraising 50 and Bloomerang, which are both very different products but combine what I like about both databases. It offers both the online cloud-based database options and ease of use and the database view which offers the robust options I've come to expect from Blackbaud products.

Do you think Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's feature set?

Did Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT go as expected?

Would you buy Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT again?

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT is well suited for quick searches for donors with limited information or even incorrect spellings of names. It is more difficult than the traditional Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT database view to get a complete picture of the donor's history with the organization, including notes, attributes, and giving history. The tabs in the database view still make this a more simple process.