Overall Satisfaction with Bomgar
Bomgar is currently being used by our I.T. team of one, me, to support all staff state wide within the organization. I am able to provide software support, both initial installation and user support of software. Trouble shoot computer issues. Provide basic maintenance operations, defrag, disk clean up, etc. Able to provide virus removal. Troubleshoot printers. Troubleshoot and repair projectors, must use video conferencing in conjunction with Bomgar to accomplish this. Able to help users with basic computer questions and user issues.
- Allows me to be in multiple places at the same time. I can help multiple people with their issues at the same time all with out leaving the comfort of my office.
- Support on the go is amazing. I can offer support and people can receive support on the go. I have offered support through mobile devices to people in need all without having to worry about getting to the office or a computer to be able to do so.
- Rep invite feature is amazing. It allows for outside help to come and and assist when needed. Whether it be an I.T. professional from a different organization or assistance from a different department across campus. More hands on deck the better.
- I wish there was a way to see all active windows open and be able to work within each at the same time.
- Decreased amount of travel for both users and the tech.
- Decreased amount of down time for a machine.
- Immediate response to a problem.
It is the complete package that addresses the current needs and is continually growing with us. I foresee it addressing our future needs as well. It just rocks.
1 - The I.T. Team of One is the sole user of Bomgar within our organization. I make up the complete I.T. team within our organization. I use Bomgar to provide support to our users throughout the state across multiple different platforms and devices.
1 - Patience. Lots of patience to be able to help navigate people and be able to explain the aww and wonder associated with how Bomgar works. Computer skills are more beneficial than people skills. Bomgar provides a layer of protection between the tech or support provider and the end user. This is good a lot of the time so you do not have to verbally communicate with the user.
- Printer support.
- Projector support and repair. This does require using Bomgar in-conjunction with video conferencing.
- File recovery.
Evaluating Bomgar and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
Product features. The products features met our needs and exceeded them in most areas. The ease of use associated with Bomgar made it an easy decision. The demo that they offered for a month at no cost really sealed the deal. It is one thing to read about features and useability of a product, but to experience it first hand really drove the points home and made them a reality for me.
The support team at Bomgar always goes beyond the call of duty. No question seems to little or big for them to handle. They are there with you from the time you initiate a session or call with them until there is a resolution. You get awesome service. Their reps are always friendly and knowledgeable.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
My Bomgar box, Bob, passed last year. Before Bob passed, he was making a strange beeping noise. I worked with a Bomgar rep for over an hour trying to save Bob. We tried everything possible. It looked like an emergency surgery was being performed on my workbench. In the end, Bob suffered from critical hard drive failure. The rep was sympathetic for my loss. Bomgar set me up with a temp server to use until my new appliance was sent. When the new appliance got here, the rep was more than helpful in getting the new box up and running. He even helped name him Maxx.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- The pen, or writing function, is cumbersome to use. It is difficult to erase what has been written.