A Video Calling Tool Among Many...
May 16, 2021

A Video Calling Tool Among Many...

Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Webex Calling

Cisco is one of many calling tools that we have. Unfortunately, we have many because our customers have different experiences with video calling depending on their security requirements, so while we prefer to use Webex, we also have Teams calling and Zoom as well. Webex has made some great efforts to add more features over the last few months making it a more exciting tool to use.
  • Outlook add-in.
  • Personal rooms and meeting rooms.
  • Hand raising, non verbal responses.
  • Has issues with our company's VPN.
  • Not as easy for users that haven't used it before.
  • Settings are hard to adjust, not totally intuitive.
  • Over the pandemic, [it] has been an integral part of our WFH setup.
  • Since we still have other video calling tools, it doesn't meet all the needs of the company.
  • Time saving by having the Outlook integration installed.
While I have not used any of the additional/combined products personally, our company does have an Audio/Video team that offers to host Webex events and trainings that have additional features such as Q&A, panelists, etc. for meetings that require large amounts of viewers. I would say I'm most happy with Cisco's audio and screen sharing features.
Cisco is our most secure video conferencing tool. We also use Teams which can be a little spotty to use, and have recently been using Zoom as well depending on our external customer requirements. Generally though, Cisco Webex Calling meets our internal needs for scheduling and conducting video and audio meetings.
All of these tools (Cisco Webex Calling, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom) have their strengths and weaknesses. I feel that I use Cisco Webex Calling most often even though all three of these tools are available to us. I love the personal meeting room, and think the screen sharing capabilities are the best among these tools.
Cisco Webex Calling is a solid video conference calling tool. It's great for corporate use, especially internal use. I don't recommend it as much when including participants outside of your organization. In large meetings, it has issues keeping up if many people have their video on (however, this might be due to internet limitations and not actually Webex).

Webex Calling Feature Ratings

Hosted PBX
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
User templates