Overall Satisfaction with ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)
We use it to remote into systems and support our clients. It is by far the best remote access tool I’ve ever used. It’s quick to install, quick to connect, and quick to remove as well. It also tends to work better across slower connections which is valuable as out in Hawaii, we don’t have the fastest speeds.
- Fast - install, removal, connection
- Light - doesn’t kill system resources, small install package
- Simple setup
- Command prompt emulator is trash. It executes commands but if that command returns a prompt, it cannot handle that. So you have to include responses to the prompts in the initial command.
- UI on the website could use work. Things like groups not automatically reordering by alphabetical order, separation of servers and workstations, etc.
- Wish the agents could be renamed easier...in add/remove the default creates a install of agent2848399374773...so if another company and I both use screenconnect, it makes it hard to determine whose software is what.
- Increased technician efficiency due to fast connection times. Control is instantaneous connection...logmein takes 15-30 seconds per connection
- LogMeIn Central, LogMeIn Pro, LogMeIn Rescue, TeamViewer and SolarWinds Remote Monitoring & Management
Hands down best at remote access. Nothing even comes remotely (pun intended) close.
Really great for a light remote access tool. However, if you need a more advanced feature or monitored aspects, then this product will not provide that. We use it during system assessments when we don’t want to install our full RMM agent. It is also well suited to project work that requires constant connecting and disconnecting from multiple devices throughout the project.