Overall Satisfaction with Data.com
I had used Data.com for over eight years before it was retired earlier this year. As a small business, I do not have a large budget for data acquisition. Data.com helped me get the data I needed to meet my objectives for generating sales revenue.
- The ability to search the entire database to find the right contact before purchasing.
- Rewards points for updates made to existing data and providing info that wasn't previously in the database.
- No way to organize data once in shopping cart.
- No ability to add a new company.
- Saved time spent on hunting and gathering data.
- Saved time spent on inaccurate data.
My client chose Data.com based on the experience during the evaluation period and the cost comparison. Data.com was the better-suited solution in this scenario. The size of the InsideView database was significantly smaller than Data.com and had limitations on downloads that Data.com did not. InsideView also provided little detail in profiles that were a dealbreaker for my client.
Data.com is the perfect solution for small businesses or individuals who need access to data but cannot afford the monthly expense that most providers charge. Data.com may not be suitable for teams who need just company info as Data.com does not allow you to purchase and download a list of companies, contacts only.