Data.com Reviews

Stacy Venditto | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2019

Data.com Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I had used Data.com for over eight years before it was retired earlier this year. As a small business, I do not have a large budget for data acquisition. Data.com helped me get the data I needed to meet my objectives for generating sales revenue.
Read Stacy Venditto's full review
Zach Ettelman | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2018

Data.com - the outbound prospector's go-to tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Data.com is used in our sales and strategy teams at our company. We use Data.com to fuel all of our outbound sales activity and tie it closely to our account-based sales and marketing approach. Data.com is a great way for us to search for companies and contacts that fall within our ideal customer and prospect profile. Our strategy team uses Data.com to validate our assumptions on our target market and ensure we are reaching the addressable market, based on the data this source provides.
Read Zach Ettelman's full review
Jerry van Dalen Jr. | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 07, 2018

Great tool for the Salesforce-centric organization

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Data.com is used in our organization to scrub contacts within Salesforce. After a meeting or demo we might have names, but no emails, or vice verse. Perhaps the name of a decision maker was mentioned, but no contact information was shared. Data.com helps us fill in the gaps. We also use it as we add accounts into Salesforce. Data.com is very useful because it includes annual revenue, legal name, and addresses along with the accounts that one imports. This cuts a lot of research time from my schedule and helps our sales team give the correct price book to our customers.
Read Jerry van Dalen Jr.'s full review
Steve Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2018

Sales research and prospecting tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our sales and business development teams use Data.com to research potential sales prospects and gather account information. Data.com provides company data for us to target our prospects and allocate resources appropriately. We are also asked by our marketing team to pull information from Data.com on specific industries and company profiles.
Read Steve Kim's full review
James Reich | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2018

Data.com has the data that will improve your sales and marketing teams

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Data.com is being used by both the sales and marketing teams for deep insight into companies, projects and contacts. It is solving a big problem of where to concentrate your efforts, most return for your time spent. It allows the sales team to focus on growing accounts that utilize our types of services and are profitable.
Read James Reich's full review
Erik Viager | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 14, 2017

Data.com - Tons of info but often outdated.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Data.com was previously used by the business development and sales team at the agency I work for. It was our number one resource for prospecting and finding contact information for target leads. Aside from contact information, we leveraged Data.com for company information including headquarter address, annual revenue, Dun and Bradstreet numbers, and more.
Read Erik Viager's full review
Thomas Henderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2017

Data.com: Simple to use and trustworthy

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Data.com within the sales department. It allows a single location for our team to identify contacts within an organization and find accurate email addresses. We use Data.com alongside of LinkedIn Sales Navigator to ensure that we are reaching out to contacts that are still working with a company.
Read Thomas Henderson's full review
Paul Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2017

Data.com is great for price conscious, resource rich professionals

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use data.com routinely, every few weeks at least, but at times every day for several weeks a month. As a freelancer, I often get employment building sales lists for clients, and this has been an indispensable resource for me. It's great to cross-reference with LinkedIn to ensure data quality and check for job title changes.
Read Paul Murphy's full review
John Cupoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2017

Best Crowd Sourced Data Provider

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have used Data.com over the past five years. Currently I use it individually as a resource to find contacts. Even if the exact person you are looking for is not in their database many times you can get an email of another person at the organization and use the email syntax to get the person's direct email.
Read John Cupoli's full review
Bryan Gorham | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 27, 2017

Data.com with SFDC

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The sales department uses Data.com here. We divide sales territories up by size of company and also use NAICS codes as we have a vertical sales division selling specifically to software and technology companies. This is divided up my NAICS codes, which are provided by data.com as well as size of company.
Read Bryan Gorham's full review
Eric Farnham | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2017

Been using Data.com (Jigsaw) for years

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have had an account with Data.com (previously called Jigsaw) for several years which I've continued to use through my last few job positions. Currently, data.com is one of 4 contact databases which my company uses to build lists and find email addresses/direct numbers for contacts we have. I really [like] that I haven't had to pay anything for Data.com in many years because I am able to get "points" for new contacts by uploading or updating contacts to data.com. I find the data quality to be slightly above average, about 80% accurate when it comes to direct numbers and email deliverability.
Read Eric Farnham's full review
Leah Sevey | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 15, 2017

Data.com is hit or miss, but can be free, which is a huge plus

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I personally use data.com to obtain contact information for people and companies. I am the Head of Customer Success, but I also support our sales team to find new leads that may benefit from our product. I have suggested that others on our sales team make an account so they can research contact info as well.
Read Leah Sevey's full review
Kayla Latulippe | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 23, 2017

Easy to use and a great tool.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Data.com in addition to different program such as DiscoverOrg. I am not sure who else uses it in my department or in the organization. It gives more insight into the companies that I look up. The employees add themselves into the companies directory so it is a little bit more accurate as to how many users the company has and the contact information is more up to date. I find it very helpful.
Read Kayla Latulippe's full review
Robert Belton | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 06, 2017

Data.com - One stop Data shop!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Data.com is a tool our research and prospecting teams use to gain and leverage business intelligence to aid in their efforts to help open up new business. Using the search features allows to narrow results down to our ideal customer profile targets, and focus on that marketplace. Without the features Data.com boasts, our research and prospecting time spent developing prospect lists and intelligence was exponentially more cumbersome.
Read Robert Belton's full review
Michael Owskey | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 19, 2016

Data.com user review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use data.com in conjunction with Salesforce to qualify our lead flow. In addition to using it for inbound leads and the qualifications of them we use it for client data such as number of employees, as well as location and industry. We find that it helps us in our MQL processes.
Read Michael Owskey's full review
Kate Sarkissian | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 24, 2016

Data.com is the key to keeping Duplicates out!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

On-demand data quality reporting, updates and lead generation to support account-based campaigning.

We recently started using the Company Hierarchy tab when creating new accounts. This allows us to ensure that we are tucking the account under the right parent account, or, moving other accounts underneath their parent account.

What we hope to see in the near future is the ability to make changes to our OWN hierarchy structure based on the Data.com Company Hierarchy model, in a dynamic way. There's a lot of cleanup involved in cleaning our old hierarchies and to have a tool that would scrub through them and offer updates, like clean, would be an excellent feature.

Data.com is being used and managed by Marketing
Read Kate Sarkissian's full review
Laura LaBine | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2016

Just the facts M'aam.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've been using Data.com since the early days when it was originally Jigsaw.com. The product was integral to my business development needs, in helping me to find decision makers. This product was created by user generated content, with the concept of "give one, get one". Being that the tool soon became part of my daily arsenal, I eventually became a data defender and company recognized champion of the product. The company also involved this user community to help tailor and develop new updates to their platform.
Using Data.com/connect is a significant part of lead generating for marketing campaigns.
Read Laura LaBine's full review
Steven A. Levano | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 10, 2016

Data.com - A Robust Database, With a Catch.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Data.com has proven to be a valuable asset to both marketing and sales. Initially it was used as a simple research tool to provide lead lists to the sales teams but we quickly started using it for verification of addresses, emails and phone numbers. We also have based many campaigns around the availability of data in data.com and our other research tools. We have slowly transitioned into being more of a content driven company and are relying on inbound leads more so than using these prospecting tools. Sales continues to find it useful.
Read Steven A. Levano's full review
September 08, 2017

We found what we were looking for at Data.com

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our SDR organization uses a variety of resources for finding prospects' direct contact information. Data.com is a good place for supplementing the bulk of information we receive from other sources with one-off pieces of information (e.g. an email address or direct dial) for someone that we can't find elsewhere. It helps our SDRs to conduct multi-channel outreach, improving their chances of connecting with a prospect and setting a meeting.

Advanced search (21)
5.4
Identification of new leads (20)
4.7
List quality (21)
List upload/download (21)
Ideal customer targeting (19)
4.2
Load time/data access (22)
Contact information (22)
Company information (22)
Industry information (17)
Lead qualification process (14)
5.5
Smart lists and recommendations (10)
5.2
Salesforce integration (19)
Company/business profiles (19)
Alerts and reminders (12)
5.0
Data hygiene (21)
Automatic data refresh (11)
5.2
Tags (10)
5.1
Filters and segmentation (21)
Sales email templates (3)
4.8
Append emails to records (7)
5.4

About Data.com

Salesforce launched Data.com in 2011, in partnership with D&B, but has since decided to gradually sunset the platform. Some aspects of the platform will continue to be available until July 2020.

Data.com offers a store of company and customer data for use in sales and prospecting. There are 3 components of Data.com: Connect, Prospector, and Clean.