Data.com Reviews

Elizabeth Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

Data.Com- The Free Resource that Gets You Directly Through!

Alternatives Considered

Data.com is free. That is definitely the most appealing part. You have nothing to lose, so might as well utilize an additional resource.
Read Elizabeth Rodriguez's full review
Stacy Venditto | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2019

Data.com Review

Alternatives Considered

My client chose Data.com based on the experience during the evaluation period and the cost comparison. Data.com was the better-suited solution in this scenario. The size of the InsideView database was significantly smaller than Data.com and had limitations on downloads that Data.com did not. InsideView also provided little detail in profiles that were a dealbreaker for my client.
Read Stacy Venditto's full review
Zach Ettelman | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2018

Data.com - the outbound prospector's go-to tool

Alternatives Considered

Data.com has a much bigger database than SharpSpring, making it a much more useful tool. Both tools integrated seamlessly into our CRM. Data.com's filtering capabilities make it a much more useful tool for us as we are able to segment lists better, and find contacts and companies that better align with our ideal customer and prospect profiles.

We ultimately chose to switch to Data.com as it was a more reliable and powerful tool that seamlessly integrated with our Salesforce CRM.
Read Zach Ettelman's full review
Steve Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2018

Sales research and prospecting tool

Alternatives Considered

What I have found is that no single platform provides all the data we need, even Data.com. There are often inconsistencies between the information found on Data.com versus other platforms so we are using Data.com in parallel with these other platforms. The interface and the integration to Salesforce are the biggest advantages that Data.com has over these competitors but ultimately, the quality of the data is the most important criteria and I would say that are just on par.
Read Steve Kim's full review
James Reich | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2018

Data.com has the data that will improve your sales and marketing teams

Alternatives Considered

I feel RainKing is the winner regarding just contact details and org charts within companies. Their info is better up to date and a little easier to manage and search. However, Data.com might have the advantage when it comes to company breakdown, allowing for actual financial and credit data from Dunn & Bradstreet.
Read James Reich's full review
Erik Viager | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 14, 2017

Data.com - Tons of info but often outdated.

Alternatives Considered

Data.com is great for filtering and finding specific contact and company information. Unfortunately much of that information is old and outdated. We recently did not renew our subscription with Data.com because we felt it could use improvement. We now use Winmo which provides fairly clean contact information and is built for agencies. Winmo itself is not that great. I am still searching for the ideal prospecting and sales intelligence tool.
Read Erik Viager's full review
Thomas Henderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2017

Data.com: Simple to use and trustworthy

Alternatives Considered

When we first purchased Datanyze, they had an email address portion of the site. The platform changed about halfway through our contract and no longer included access to email information. I believe that functionality is back as a feature of Datanyze. However, it always seemed to struggle providing quality contact information. I haven't used Datanyze since they refreshed their platform but was unimpressed with the quality of information they provided. Data.com's data has always been superior.
Read Thomas Henderson's full review
Paul Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2017

Data.com is great for price conscious, resource rich professionals

• quickmail
I recently used quickmail for a client, it was awful. Software should actually perform its purpose. If you only have a few thousand contacts in a database, just provide the whole list. Using a search function where there aren't any results the last 15 searches, is worthless. I don't have that problem with data.com. I almost always get at least something with each search.
Read Paul Murphy's full review
John Cupoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2017

Best Crowd Sourced Data Provider

Alternatives Considered

The other crowd sourced data provider I've used is ZoomInfo. ZoomInfo generally has more direct numbers, however it appears as if they've done away with their free tier. The other downside of Zoom was you give them access to your email for them to data mine contacts. On the free tier you only got 10 contacts a month while they could add every contact in your email to their database.

Data.com is far superior in that on the free tier you get out what you put in, as well as earn points based on other users buying the contacts you've added in. So to compare the two, although ZoomInfo had better phone numbers, you were extremely limited in what you could get out of it compared to what they took and access they require. Data.com blows it out of the water for free users, and I'm not even sure ZoomInfo has a free tier anymore.
Read John Cupoli's full review
Eric Farnham | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2017

Been using Data.com (Jigsaw) for years

Alternatives Considered

Currently I have subscriptions to ZoomInfo, Synthio, and GetEmail.IO in addition to my data.com (Jigsaw) account. ZoomInfo is much better than Data.com for direct phone numbers and is very reasonably priced. Synthio has slightly lower quality data but can be much cheaper on a per contact basis if the goal is to export a list. GetEmail.io is nice because they have a great browser extension that automatically gets email addresses for LinkedIn searches. Data.com is best for companies that have Salesforce.com (we don't) and don't have the budget for a more premium database. I've evaluated most options on the market and my top recommendation if [cost] is not an object would be to look at DiscoverOrg. DiscoverOrg guarantees 98% deliverability on emails and the same accuracy on direct numbers (they check them by calling themselves).
Read Eric Farnham's full review
Leah Sevey | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 15, 2017

Data.com is hit or miss, but can be free, which is a huge plus

Alternatives Considered

I used DiscoverOrg at a previous employer and I loved it. The information I received was usually reliable and quality, however, the service was quite expensive and I was only able to research the tech industry.

hunter.io is fairly unreliable. The good thing is that they have a confidence score so I usually know right away if the contact information will be correct or not.

Seemless.ai is also hit or miss. I was lucky enough to be a beta customer so I received several free leads. The company did an update a few months ago and the product no longer worked for me. I was able to speak with their founder and provide feature suggestions and they were able to fix the bugs that I had on my end.
Read Leah Sevey's full review
Robert Belton | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 06, 2017

Data.com - One stop Data shop!

Alternatives Considered

Data.com was very comparable to the other softwares our oganization uses, and we use it as an everyday tool because of how easy it is to work within salesforce. Our organization utilizes multiple platforms and competitors of Data.com, each for their own different reasons. The ease of which Data.com behaves in Salesforce sold us, and the advanced search features and tagging abilities (which cut down advanced research time and increases employee efficiency) made the decision much easier to justify as well.
Read Robert Belton's full review
Michael Owskey | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 19, 2016

Data.com user review

Alternatives Considered

Compared to a Dunns or an alternate tool I feel data.com gives better integration with Salesforce which can help to maintain clean information. Additionally I believe that the cost for something like data.com is a bit more reasonable than some of the alternatives. If you are not using data.com its likely because the business is too small to warrant the cost or too niche.
Read Michael Owskey's full review
Laura LaBine | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2016

Just the facts M'aam.

Alternatives Considered

I've used other lead generating services, but they were unresponsive when I informed them of incorrect or updated data. Data.com's user community is very involved in the integrity of the data.
Read Laura LaBine's full review
Steven A. Levano | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 10, 2016

Data.com - A Robust Database, With a Catch.

Alternatives Considered

I also use Advertising Database, this tool doesn't have the robust database but it does have valuable market information that can be used. AdData also can identify marketers and their agencies. This is something that would be a great tool if it lived with in Data.com. Unfortunately right now I just bounce back and forth.
Read Steven A. Levano's full review
September 08, 2017

We found what we were looking for at Data.com

Alternatives Considered

DiscoverOrg is another database for contact information. We actually use these two resources side by side. We use DiscoverOrg as our primary source since we pay for the subscription and it integrates more easily with our CRMs. Data.com is used by our SDRs as supplementary information to fill out things that are missing in DiscoverOrg, although if neither resource has the information we're searching for, we typically submit a "Research Request" through DiscoverOrg to find the required info.

Advanced search (21)
5.4
Identification of new leads (20)
4.6
List quality (21)
List upload/download (21)
Ideal customer targeting (19)
4.1
Load time/data access (22)
Contact information (22)
Company information (22)
Industry information (17)
Lead qualification process (14)
5.5
Smart lists and recommendations (10)
5.2
Salesforce integration (19)
Company/business profiles (19)
Alerts and reminders (12)
5.0
Data hygiene (21)
Automatic data refresh (11)
5.2
Tags (10)
5.1
Filters and segmentation (21)
Sales email templates (3)
4.9
Append emails to records (7)
5.3

About Data.com

Salesforce launched Data.com in 2011, in partnership with D&B, but has since decided to gradually sunset the platform. Some aspects of the platform will continue to be available until July 2020.

Data.com offers a store of company and customer data for use in sales and prospecting. There are 3 components of Data.com: Connect, Prospector, and Clean.