Dynamic Tag Management - Tagging at Scale!https://www.trustradius.com/tag-managementDynamic Tag Management by AdobeUnspecified9.4401012019-08-31T19:52:40.796Z
August 31, 2019
Dynamic Tag Management - Tagging at Scale!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Dynamic Tag Management by Adobe
Dynamic Tag Management is used to set up and deploy many tags across our website both for tracking as well as in conjunction with Adobe Target. One of the main benefits is that you can update your library and other implementation details without doing a code release. This frees up developer resources and allows Marketing to manage many of their tracking/Target testing activities with minimal implementation time.
- Code releases are not needed to update analytics, media, and other tags on your site.
- It reduces your dependency on web developers to deploy tracking code.
- You can add, remove or modify tags without knowing any coding knowledge.
- If your site has multiple domains and sub-domains, then you can easily manage them all without involving web developers.
- As you may know, Dynamic Tag Management is being discontinued partly because of its focus on Adobe only products, which made it difficult to implement third party software with it, and because it wasn't an open platform that allowed a community to build into it.
- Being able to quickly deploy tags without involving a web developer saves money and time.
- Tag Iterations can be done quickly and easily using different tagging templates that DTM can deploy without a code release.
Google Tag Manager is free software from Google that allows you to deploy many different types of tags quickly and easily without utilizing web developers. Dynamic Tag Management, on the other hand, can only be acquired if you purchase an adobe solution. It too allows you to deploy tags quickly and easily and use rules and conditions to control when event tags should be fired. Google Tag Manager has a Preview mode that allows you to test your tags before deploying them to production. This is very handy since it can uncover situations where your desired results turn out to be anything but.
Dynamic Tag Management allows you to tag any data elements on a page in order to track every aspect of your customer's journey. Its ease of use and the ability to deploy tags without having to involve a web developer leaves marketing to iterate without the lag time of a code release. I haven't found any areas where improvement is needed.