Better choose Git!https://www.trustradius.com/version-controlGitUnspecified9.3711012017-12-14T17:35:51.070Z
December 14, 2017
Better choose Git!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Git
We are using Git to store our source code with all of our clients. All the technical staff uses Git as a CVS. It's an awesome product for versioning and managing source code no matter what programming language you use.
- Revision of newly implemented code by using Pull Requests
- Branches to allow developer working in different features at the same time
- Good integration with CI and CD tools
- A lot of plugins and tooling are available to be integrated with Git
- Not sure, it has been working awesome to solve our needs and there is a lot of documentation available to meet the product. As you study features you discover ways to use them.
- It's awesome, by using Pull Requests you can identify what is the code that will be added and we can add comments to improve the quality of the written code which it's helpful to protect one of the most expensive assets of a company (source code).
- The opportunity to count on features like rebase and squash commits allows solving merge conflicts in an isolated manner decentralizing the effort to solve this problem that used to happen with SVN.
- Branching is helpful to have many teams working on different features.
- The chance to embrace new techniques and practices is awesome.
- It's absolutely necessary to have training when new people are integrated into the team and they have no previous knowledge.about GIT
- svn and Mercurial
Those products work well with small teams but when you have a large company with a huge group of developers working they introduce complexity at the moment of keeping an eye on the code and deal with versioning stuff. Every single tool nowadays offers integration with Git which is worth it and should be kept in mind at the moment of choosing a CVS.