Facebook at Work allows users to interact with co-workers through the Facebook interface.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/TS/KS/UEFMAT9EWVZ3.jpegWhen chatting, you work lighter.This tool is being used by the people who are part of the research department. Approximately one of the two persons receive details of their daily work in this way. It is also necessary to emphasize that the tool is extremely useful after office hours. Our research is aimed at trying to find solutions to housing problems and food production.,The communication is constant and in real time The problems need immediate actions and cannot wait more than a day. The tool can be used anywhere as it can be used on your smartphone.,If we do not have well established times with respect to our task, work will reach our home. If we are not efficient in our work in the office, work at home can bring setbacks to the project It is necessary to try as much as possible not to mix the work of the office with our home activity, since it is very easy for our office work to move to our house and disrupt our daily life.,10,We can meet the project times, that with the communication in real time. We provide solutions to our suppliers in a reliable and efficient manner. When a business can save time and at the same time respond to the demands of customers, this translates into greater market capture of action for the company.,AliveChat,Dropbox, Google Analytics, IBM CognosFacebook WorkPlace: A new way of communicatingOur organization is musical. At first, we communicated through instant messaging applications of cell phones but decided to take a leap towards technology and we were convinced to start using this program. With Facebook Workplace we communicate with all the workers of our company, and the main Directors maintain a communication with their team that is quite good and effective.,It speeds up communications between workers, I mean, managing information about the company is much easier now. It has a very competitive and achievable price With this application, time is not lost. The workers use it to communicate with each other about work,It is not compatible with your personal Facebook profile You do not have a free trial or a free 30-day version,9,Effectively improves the communication of workers among them, specifically when forming a work team of more than 4 people It also improves communication between the leaders of the company and the rest of the workers of lower ranks,Google Hangouts,Google Drive, Google HangoutsWork for the connections I madeI work on the geographical elaboration of maps and the documents that come along the map. In my office, I use the software along the whole department, in order to communicate better to understand the goals of any map required, the reviews of the maps and the documents, and the delivery time in which the customers really need the products. The business problems that we address are the communication factors between the customers and the labor office, the analysis factors that need to be included and the region to be on the analysis. It is a very complex service that we manage in a very simple way with Workplace by Facebook.,Closer bonds with coworkers and customers Opportunity for fast communications Flexible and easy to use Doesn't mix up with the personal Facebook,Following a task manager is kind of hard It is confusing to ensure what tasks are done Too many communications without sense might be noisy,8,It improves our communications during our process. The flow of our work is more continuous. The ideas are brought to the whole group, with a focus group when needed.,,QlikView, Dropbox, Adobe Acrobat DCCreates an effective communication flow at work.We use it strictly for fast and efficient communication among the different teams at Iroko Tv. Workplace enables us to send instant messages, video chat with other colleagues, collaborate on projects via groups, and share or follow news about the most important updates to our organization. Overall, Workplace enables us work better together as teams across Iroko Tv.,Familiarity: Workplace by Facebook has a familiar user interface and function similar to the Facebook social networking platform. This makes it easy for new colleagues at my workplace to pick up the workings and functions of it in a matter of hours. Better Interaction: On a daily basis at work, I get to communicate officially with less than ten people in a company with over a thousand staffs. Thus, I have no bond or official interaction with colleagues outside my team and department. Workplace by Facebook has made it possible to interact with a lot of my other colleagues with whom I have no official contact. Practically every week, I get to know new faces at my workplace all thanks to Facebook. Integration: Workplace by Facebook integrates well with our everyday third party programs at work such as Microsoft Azure, Okta, Salesforce ,Onedrive and Bluejeans. Workplace's integration with Bluejeans has been especially beneficial to the staffs at Iroko TV. Workplace's integration with Bluejeans has enabled team members to host meetings on Bluejeans and stream it live to be watched by interested colleagues. This is very important in situations whereby some members of a project are unable to make it to a remote video meeting and this happens every time. In times past, we needed to take a note of the most important discussions at the meeting and email to the absent members, but most people rarely bothered reading the notes . With the Bluejeans integration with Workplace, project team members simply follow the meetings live via streaming on Workplace.,I dislike that despite the fact that I have a Facebook social network account, I have to start all over again to use Workplace by Facebook. It would be great to have Workplace as a part of my Facebook social network account, allowing me to use both at the same time. I dislike that to access Workplace by Facebook, I have to use a virtual private network. Also, it is almost a clone of Facebook social network and does very few things which I cannot do with my Facebook social network account ordinarily. It would be great if users are allowed to control what information they want to see in groups, as the quantity of information can become quickly overwhelming.,9,Workplace has made it easier for team members to collaborate on projects and tasks. Workplace has improved the efficiency of information flow across the various level of management at work. Workplace has eliminated the need to send official emails to colleagues for simple tasks. At the moment, I simply send a message to my work group on Facebook and I get an almost instant response, faster than I usually get via email. I believe most people love to communicate informally and Workplace enables this to happen more often.,Slack, GitHub, WordPressWorkplace by Facebook - I've been waiting for you for so long.Workplace by Facebook is used by the whole organization, however, the marketing and sales departments are the most focused and active ones. Workplace allows us to share our insights very briefly and without using some old school methods, such as e-mails. We use some hashtags and shortcuts to identify our content, but even without them, thanks to a search engine provided by the tool, finding anything is just much easier than before. Workplace solved the problem of communication, organization, and management.,great for file sharing - no more drama, no more hassle notifications work perfectly - so you won't miss a thing very quick platforms for sharing insights and following any discussion,would be great if it could work more smoothly some features could be deleted as they are not necessary there (e.g. integrations or workplace tips) mobile app often crashes... Workplace should work on its stability,9,saving money on other tools we had been using until we found Workplace by Facebook quicker collaborations brings about increasing customer service response time and overall satisfaction thanks to easier access, communication started working much better,Teamwork Projects and Basecamp,Teamwork Projects, Basecamp, Asana, Box, Wunderlist
Workplace by Facebook

Workplace Reviews

Workplace
Filter 172 vetted Workplace reviews and ratings
August 02, 2018

Workplace Review: "When chatting, you work lighter."

• The communication is constant and in real time
  • The problems need immediate actions and cannot wait more than a day.
  • The tool can be used anywhere as it can be used on your smartphone.
  • If we do not have well established times with respect to our task, work will reach our home.
  • If we are not efficient in our work in the office, work at home can bring setbacks to the project
  • It is necessary to try as much as possible not to mix the work of the office with our home activity, since it is very easy for our office work to move to our house and disrupt our daily life.
We can say that this tool is quite useful in the field of research because in our case, our team spends a lot of time in the field gathering information to be processed in our offices. That is to say, in our opinion, this app is useful because we have a large team and need to communicate regardless of the distance to solve problems inherent in their work as soon as possible. On the other hand if we do not need this type of activity because our company is not yet at that level of marketing, we would consider another tool more appropriate to the circumstances of the organization and the work that is desired.
Read Marlon Seijas's full review
June 22, 2018

Review: "Facebook WorkPlace: A new way of communicating"

• It speeds up communications between workers, I mean, managing information about the company is much easier now.
  • It has a very competitive and achievable price
  • With this application, time is not lost. The workers use it to communicate with each other about work
  • It is not compatible with your personal Facebook profile
  • You do not have a free trial or a free 30-day version
For example, you need to do teamwork where more than 4 people should meet and contribute ideas for a project. With this tool, you can organize, converse and exchange information about a teamwork project. At that moment this tool becomes quite useful. Also when the president or vice president of the Company wants to share with the workers and give them his message, he can easily do so through this program

If you want to talk about personal things or publish information about something that is outside your workspace, this application is not the most appropriate
Read Miguel Brito's full review
July 20, 2018

Workplace Review: "Work for the connections I made"

• Closer bonds with coworkers and customers
  • Opportunity for fast communications
  • Flexible and easy to use
  • Doesn't mix up with the personal Facebook
  • Following a task manager is kind of hard
  • It is confusing to ensure what tasks are done
  • Too many communications without sense might be noisy
I would like to recommend the software for product development. If the leading group is relativity small, you can have a really great working group session and get the work done really fast with communication through Workplace by Facebook. I recommend it because most people use Facebook already and the use for work is similar in most cases, this is one of the advantages. It's great to work as a social group in order to get to a goal.
Read Yemsi Pino's full review
April 30, 2018

Workplace Review: "Creates an effective communication flow at work."

• Familiarity: Workplace by Facebook has a familiar user interface and function similar to the Facebook social networking platform. This makes it easy for new colleagues at my workplace to pick up the workings and functions of it in a matter of hours.
  • Better Interaction: On a daily basis at work, I get to communicate officially with less than ten people in a company with over a thousand staffs. Thus, I have no bond or official interaction with colleagues outside my team and department. Workplace by Facebook has made it possible to interact with a lot of my other colleagues with whom I have no official contact. Practically every week, I get to know new faces at my workplace all thanks to Facebook.
  • Integration: Workplace by Facebook integrates well with our everyday third party programs at work such as Microsoft Azure, Okta, Salesforce ,Onedrive and Bluejeans. Workplace's integration with Bluejeans has been especially beneficial to the staffs at Iroko TV. Workplace's integration with Bluejeans has enabled team members to host meetings on Bluejeans and stream it live to be watched by interested colleagues.
  • This is very important in situations whereby some members of a project are unable to make it to a remote video meeting and this happens every time. In times past, we needed to take a note of the most important discussions at the meeting and email to the absent members, but most people rarely bothered reading the notes . With the Bluejeans integration with Workplace, project team members simply follow the meetings live via streaming on Workplace.
  • I dislike that despite the fact that I have a Facebook social network account, I have to start all over again to use Workplace by Facebook. It would be great to have Workplace as a part of my Facebook social network account, allowing me to use both at the same time.
  • I dislike that to access Workplace by Facebook, I have to use a virtual private network. Also, it is almost a clone of Facebook social network and does very few things which I cannot do with my Facebook social network account ordinarily.
  • It would be great if users are allowed to control what information they want to see in groups, as the quantity of information can become quickly overwhelming.
Employee Engagement - Workplace encourages employees in an organization to engage better with one another by collaborating better on projects and exchanging ideas around specific topics and interests, improving the bond amongst team members.

Efficient Conversation Flow - It alters the email chain present in most organizations and encourages the staff to communicate informally, easily and efficiently via the different conversation mediums provided for users of this program like instant messaging, HD video and crystal-clear voice calls for
one-to-one or group conversations. It ensures that team members communicate via emails only in the most formal of situations.

Conversation Management- Workplace makes it easy for team members in an organization to search for past conversations between colleagues and teams, find shared project documentations etc. all thanks to its effective search algorithm which makes it easier for users to go back in time to locate important data.

Read Adenike Omoboriowo's full review
December 08, 2017

Review: "Workplace by Facebook - I've been waiting for you for so long."

• great for file sharing - no more drama, no more hassle
  • notifications work perfectly - so you won't miss a thing
  • very quick platforms for sharing insights and following any discussion
  • would be great if it could work more smoothly
  • some features could be deleted as they are not necessary there (e.g. integrations or workplace tips)
  • mobile app often crashes... Workplace should work on its stability
Workplace by Facebook is well suited for marketing/advertising/dynamic environment when a lot of things are going on and people are willing to share some news and knowledge. Also, the knowledge of Facebook system is an asset when it comes to using Workplace - I imagine it may be quite difficult for people who don't know how Facebook look or work like. For "less digital" companies some classic messengers should do, for those "more digital' Workplace by Facebook seems to be a perfect solution, offering all of the features you need to deliver great management.
Read Kinga Odziemek's full review
December 07, 2017

Workplace Review: "Build, Promote and inspire people to work as a team and bring awareness to your business"

We use it to inform staff of daily events and new projects. We also put out PDFs, photos, and forms for easy access for staff. HR and building events keep staff updated as much as possible of all the work that is being done with departments and building renovations, etc. All staff have access to Workplace. So far it's been a very helpful tool. I do wish it had some type of form building section.
  • Passing information to all staff
  • It's free
  • Chat feature
  • You can view it on your mobile device
  • Maybe finding a way to create forms other than surveys.
  • Great place for the HR department to post policies, forms, hiring.
  • Good way for departments to work together on simple events.
  • Good way to post daily events and get feedback from staff ongoing projects.
  • It should be only for work-related items. No personal information should be posted.
Read Jackie Ramos's full review
December 07, 2017

Review: "My experience with Workplace by Facebook"

It is being used in two ways. The first way is to share activities and showcase things that each department or team is doing. Is a way to present what is going on with different departments and teams. The second way is to collect information or create collaboration. For example, if there is an event and they want to gather feedback about it, they will create a page and solicit feedback.

It helps with the sense of community since most of the teams are either fully remote or in different states or even countries.
  • To create a sense of community and sharing
  • To showcase what others are doing
  • A way to rate or ask for feedback
  • The groups are not well organized in my opinion. It can get a bit confusing
  • There is no way to truly collaborate with documents and information
  • I wish there was better ways to create surveys, "quizzes", and more ways to gather feedback.
  • To create community and engagement: This is a good platform for those who are used to Facebook since it mimics pretty much all those features.
  • To gather feedback and create simple collaboration and sharing: It has some tools that can help with this but are not as robust as I would like.
  • To promote or showcase what others are doing: Very simple to do and the ability to add images and videos is very helpful. Generally speaking, I do not like how videos are encoded and streamed in Facebook.
Read Giovanni Duarte's full review
March 16, 2018

Review: "Workplace by Facebook: an awesome program for larger corporations"

It is being used across our corporation as a communication platform. We are using it to announce important business updates, collaborate with coworkers, and organize plans. It addresses our issues of needing fast communication and a good platform to organize collaborative ideas.
  • collaboration
  • communication
  • letting people know about important events
  • more collaboration tools
  • better explanations of how to video chat
It is well suited to a company that wants to collaborate across offices. It is not well suited for a company that everyone is more likely to speak face to face. Small companies would benefit less than large companies with multiple locations.
Read Mark Franklin's full review
February 19, 2018

Workplace: "Collaborate with Facebook!"

Workplace is being used across the organization to connect various locations and different teams. We use it to collaborate on different projects. It is also a great way to get to know people on a more personal level as you can post personal pictures or pictures of a team or outing. There is also a feature that allows you to not only set up events, but also add attachments (similar to email). This makes it easy to collaborate on and invite people. Users of various ages can also use it as it is very user friendly and very similar to the traditional Facebook.

I would suggest that an organization has champions of it to help with any sort of resistance from employees. You can also test out different features like Groups of Events. This way it looks like there has been a lot of activity in it and encourages people to use it more at the start. For different teams, it is also helpful to have the team lead to make a welcome post and encourage people to collaborate and share ideas.
  • Groups are a great way to plan events and it's easy to see who was invited and who can come.
  • Ability to connect on a more personal level with your team
  • Share photos from events and outings
  • For the chat, could have different options for status
  • Some limitations for groups are a bit too much
  • Would like my news feed to be organized differently
Used for both large and small businesses to connect across teams. It is especially helpful for companies with offices in various locations so that you can collaborate and share ideas with new people or just members of your team who you don't see often. It is a great tool that has many features in it that you can change to fit your organization.
December 14, 2017

Workplace Review: "Excellent tool for creating a more collaborative work environment"

Workplace by Facebook is being used across the entire international organization. The organization has country offices in about 40 countries, plus 3 locations in the US, one of them being headquarters, so the leadership was looking at a forum/networking/social tool that would enable people to meet each other, talk shop, make plans and interact socially.
  • Ease of use - it's just like a personal Facebook, but only with your coworkers.
  • Ability to control notifications. My personal choice is to have a daily digest of posts by groups and people I follow.
  • Exceptional support from the Facebook team in implementation for admins.
  • A variety of admin options to have groups that are mandatory to join (official announcements, for example, or your own team).
  • Since it's an app or browser-based interface only, it doesn't work for in-the-moment discussions. For that we still use Skype.
  • Mobile app is not as clean as the original Facebook (that has been improving).
  • There is no guest feature to add people outside the organization (who do not have an organizational email) - consultants or interns, for example.
For organizations that are working on improving overall cross-team communication and information exchange/discussions, this is excellent. The ability to create groups based around teams, projects, and interest areas is useful and creates not only great channels of communication, but a sense of buy-in and camaraderie.

For teams that are struggling to communicate in the moment on projects that require everybody's instant participation and input, this will not work and requires an additional solution.
December 19, 2017

"Workplace by Facebook Review"

Using Workplace in an organization makes connectivity in between employees easily. Ideas are shared in one place and it can track all the previous chats, posts, etc., also. Since Facebook is familiar to almost everyone now it drives people to use it more than any other application. News feed, can go live, voice call, video call - these features helps communication with other team members and can make a organization's product better. Regular updates of Workplace, secured data, sharing of files and chats are the key points.
  • Regular Updates, new features almost every week.
  • Can share files and edit there, makes sharing data easy.
  • Both private and group chats, video, voice calling features.
  • Connectivity within a whole organization, converts ideas to action.
  • Less interaction among people face to face, more dependent on this type of product.
  • Needs fast Internet connection.
  • Lacks the option to add work-specific tools.
  • Must contact the company to apply rather than simply signing up.
Since Facebook is known to everyone, using their Workplace tool has become easy. Encouraging colleagues to use Workplace, post new and interesting articles so that it can help them to make a better product. Smart discussions, debate and and get their suggestions. Communication for announcements and teams is very effective. Get knowledge of what's going on inside an organization.
June 22, 2017

Workplace Review: "Ideal Platform for Group Collaboration"

Workplace by Facebook is used across our company as a form of communication besides traditional email. This creates a platform that is more interactive and allows members of different departments to interact and communicate effectively, especially if they are working on some inter-department projects. The possibility is endless with this platform, for example, before if we wants to share a large design file, we would have to use email and if the file exceeds email storage limits, we would have to send it through other channels (example: Skype, physical storage like USB). But with this, we can easily send a large file and everyone who participates in the project can have access to it.
  • Faster Communication: You are able to comment/send a message to anyone in the company just like you do with your friends on your personal Facebook.
  • Project Management: You are able to create private or public groups which represent different departments and members can easily communicate or give out information on the group.
  • Mobile app is an advantage which creates a more interactive way to communicate. Instead of switching between emails and Viber/Skype, now you have all features in one place.
  • Data management: it is indeed hard to search for a message or file that you shared to a particular group in Workplace by Facebook, especially if you don't put hashtag into the post. It would be easier if users are able to search for the contents that they posted.
  • Video Chat: Video Chat sometimes is not stable and has a choppy sound. In our organization, we have to use Skype if we want to do a video conference.
  • Voice message: It would be nice if we can leave a voice message to another member in the company in case he or she is not available at the time of contact.
This is a perfect platform if you want to create a dynamic environment for staff to interact with the purpose of enhancing collaboration between members and departments. But its effectiveness is only proven when the whole organization is participating in using this platform. Otherwise, you will not be able to use all of the interesting features that it offers to manage large groups of staff [members] or projects that require the collaboration of different departments.
Read Tony Phan's full review
March 24, 2017

Workplace Review: "Facebook at Work for Residential Property Management"

Facebook at work is regularly used by our marketing coordinator. We use it daily to post, advertise, communicate, promote and educate clients about our company and services that we provide. This serves us a direct portal to communicate with our clients and answer any questions or comments they may have.
  • Provides the public reviews about the company. So you can evaluate people's opinions before committing to the company.
  • Allows people to comment about their personal experiences with the company, so you can get a better understanding of what to expect from the company.
  • It works well for advertising properties because your posts show up in public feeds for everyone to see on a daily basis.
  • It allows existing clients to comment about their bad experiences which may tarnish your relationship with other followers and prospective clients.
Facebook at work is well suited, because most people already use the website for their personal interactions and entertainment. I regularly see posts about my business, and I like to help promote their ads and posts by sharing them on my feed for my other friends and family to see.
Read Zaina Kroschinski's full review
September 08, 2017

Workplace Review: "Facebook for Work: Distracting or Helpful?"

It is being used across our entire company in order to improve collaboration in the workplace and communication. The overall hope is that it will reduce the amount of emails that are sent throughout the business in total. It addition, it allows you to make groups so that it's easier to collaborate with your business segment, across business segments, or in specialized groups you're doing projects with.
  • Collaboration
  • Communication
  • Lower volume of emails
  • Group capabilities
  • File sharing
  • Older co-workers are less likely to use it.
  • Can be a time sink at work, people get distracted.
  • Only effective as long as the people you need to communicate with are also using it.
It's definitely appropriate if you want to improve your messaging and collaborative abilities within your company. It makes it easier for people to communicate both during and outside of work hours, which is especially important depending on the nature of your work. It has also reduced the volume of emails that people receive and send since now people can just share things in a Facebook group or message someone. If you think your workers will get distracted easily or post things that should only be on a personal social media place then its definitely not appropriate for your workplace. In this case, it will end up just being a platform where your employees will go to pass time.
March 27, 2017

Workplace Review: "Facebook at Work does work!"

As a member of the PR department at my agency, we are the only department with access to our company Facebook page. We are able to connect with our followers on a more direct/personal level.
  • Provides way to optimize our posts
  • Ability to share variety of media with ease
  • Provides a tool to analyze metrics
  • Could improve on the way the metrics for certain posts are generated
  • The ability to insert gifs/.mov media in comments
Facebook at Work is well suited to [get] connected with followers but it's less appropriate for official business transactions or for attracting potential clients. It's more of a space to converse with potential employees as opposed to gaining new business partners.
September 02, 2016

Workplace Review: "Good product but needs a strong usage policy from the business"

Its being use for recruitment for our students and for our searchers. Its also a great tool for worker recruitment because normally people that studied in a specified field will have a network of contacts in that same field so when a job offer is opened. It's great having people sharing it on social media.
  • Show people what your business does good
  • Ease the recruitment of customers
  • Ease the recruitment of good workers
  • Facilitate the intern communication when emails arent used wisely
  • the main problem aint the product itself but how workers uses it. Business allowing it at work needs to enforce strong policies about it to be sure people are getting paid to do their work and not use Facebook all day.
  • Hype on Facebook about your business can be good... but it can be bad also and it aint everyone's strenght to know how to deal when bad hype is on.
  • Personnal stuff from the user and corporate stuff is mixed
Good: Recruitment, promotion, good worker recruitment, communication and lot more!

Bad: Doesn't adequately handle communication or discussion thread about something no so shiny about the business. Workers that are procrastinating.

Workplace Scorecard Summary

Task Management (11)
Gantt Charts (7)
Scheduling (11)
6.5
Workflow Automation (7)
Mobile Access (15)
Search (15)
Visual planning tools (9)
Chat (16)
Notifications (15)
Discussions (16)
Surveys (14)
Internal knowledgebase (10)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (3)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (4)
Integrates with Outlook (7)
Versioning (9)
Video files (16)
Audio files (14)
Document collaboration (13)
Access control (15)
Advanced security features (13)
Integrates with Google Drive (7)
Device sync (11)

About Workplace

Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work) allows users to interact with co-workers through the Facebook interface.