Overall Satisfaction with Groove
I use Groove primarily for tracking activity, scheduling meetings, and setting reminders. I manage the office, and multiple grants, assist with accounting, take phone calls, organize events, and more. Groove helps me keep track of my time and client outreach and easily schedule meetings within my availability. Groove's email templates also save me significant time as I regularly send the same template out to different individuals or groups.
- Email templates
- Email templates are fantastic, but they sometimes don't load, and it takes me a few clicks to get to them
- It would be great to have a shortcut Reminder option for just a few hours out when you need to remind yourself to do something later in the day
- It would be helpful if we could choose to block out certain days in the Groove calendar availability, whereas right now we have to choose the same times each week
- Groove has allowed me to stay on top of communication with clients and potential clients, which has helped nearly double our loan applications in the past six months alone.
- Groove has allowed our Program Director and Program Coordinator to significantly increase their efficiency as they can utilize flows to automate weekly processes required to run our bi-annual entrepreneur workshop.
- Groove allows fellow employees and I to focus on our tasks without worrying about what we're forgetting because the Reminders function keeps us on task. This means I can truly check out of work once I leave the office because whatever needs to be done will show up in my inbox the next day.
Overall, Groove is very user-friendly, though it does take a little while to get the hang of the different features. Going back and forth between other areas to change settings can be confusing, but Groove's online forum is ultimately constructive. Put a little time into getting to know the system, and it will more than pay for itself! This is a product worth getting to know.
I probably save about one hour per week on automated tasks and I believe this is a number that could go up if I were to utilize Groove even more than I do right now. My colleagues who work with our programs likely see more benefits from these automated features as they run the same program multiple times per year. We do not currently use Groove for automated sales campaigns but this is something we may look into for the future.
I occasionally use Trello, but it is not nearly as user-friendly as Groove. Trello has a much higher learning curve, and when you're starting a job with an increased workload, it's challenging to find the time to get to know yet another system intimately. I find Groove to be easier to use and require less time.
Do you think Groove, a Clari company delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Groove, a Clari company's feature set?
Did Groove, a Clari company live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Groove, a Clari company go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Groove, a Clari company again?
Groove is accommodating if you're managing many projects and clients. It's also great to have if you write a lot of to-do lists! The non-profit I work for holds the same event multiple times a year, so Groove templates and flows can save me time because all I need to do is slightly edit my work from the previous event. The groove would probably not be as helpful for somebody who only manages a few clients.