SignUpGenius in Charlotte offers an event sign up and registration site and service for entities organizing small groups, with payment processing, email and text reminding, forms with visual design themes and templates, among other features.A Genius Way to Organize a Sign UpMy department uses SignUp Genius in a couple of ways. The first is to allow students to be able to sign up for appointments with me for intake meetings or other 1-on-1 services that occur once and are not part of our week to week services. I was unable to make my work Outlook calendar available to students and setting up student meetings was painfully slow and inefficient. Enter SignUpGenius, where I enter days and times I'm open and whenever responding to new student requests, I just send the link to my SignUp for intakes and they can easily claim a spot and even get an email reminder 2 days before the meeting. When I trained my Graduate Assistant to start doing some intakes as well, it was very easy to expand the existing sign-up by creating a second block with her name in it and indicating the days and times that she's available. Essentially, this student appointment signup is just a perpetual link where I routinely add and delete dates and times, so no one has to keep up with new links. Over time, we realized that many of our internal events could also be more efficiently handled this way, so we use it for things like signing up to work Open Houses, making appointment times for end-of-semester employee reviews, etc.,Entering a large block of dates and times (up to 200 time slots at one entry), which you can then click or unclick as availabilities. This makes it easier when you have 2 individuals with a variety of time slots available, some of which overlap and some of which don't. You can just enter something like 9:00-5:00 from 11/14-11/22 and indicate the length of appointments and it provides a table of all possible slots. You then go to each person's block and choose the slots that are available for meetings. One of the best free products I've used. There are some additional features available with the paid version, such as having more than one administrator email address and choosing a specific admin email for a specific signup, but the free version has done nearly everything we've wanted to do. The reminders that you can choose for signers up are very helpful. I've had more than one student say, "It's a good thing I got a reminder email because I would have forgotten this otherwise". Those who sign up can later go back to their sign up from the confirmation email they received if they need to cancel, edit or reschedule.,Some of the layout and terminology are a little confusing and could be more user-friendly. It took me some time and playing around to figure out that the days and times you put in are a step which just produces a grid of possible times, and that choosing which slots to activate is a second step required. It later made sense why it was set up this was (allows you to input a large block of times at once and then select the particular ones you need, and makes it possible to add a second person with a different schedule on the same sign up, giving the appointment setters more options overall to choose from) Wish it would intuitively (or add an option to...) replicate location for any additional days and times you add to the same sign up. Has to be manually added (or copied and pasted).,9,Students and even other staff love it! It improved the turn-around time from when I respond to student requests for academic coaching to setting up the intake meeting about 50%. Also, in the case that I respond quickly but the student is delayed several days, the link I sent is still live and always has relevant dates and times (whereas in the past, I would send a few days' worth of options and by the time a procrastinator looked at them, they were passed). It's an easy, mobile-friendly option that helps students to see that we're with it, not trapped in the stone age. That factors into their overall perception of our department, our services and our organization.,,Oracle PeopleSoft SCM, Adobe Acrobat DC, Blackboard Collaborate, Google Forms, CanvaNonProfits See ThisI use SignUpGenius for two programs - one personal, one business, and it is a great feature! For personal, I utilize it for PTO and Booster Clubs for donations and work slots. Parents & colleagues find it very easy to sign in, select their time slot and be done. I find that it is easier to utilize this program than to email everyone and then they fight over the time slots.,Allows you to select pre-made templates or design your own. Allows you to utilize time templates, or design your own. Allows people to see who else is signed up to avoid conflict.,I think an area that needs improvement is allowing for more than 5 slots at a time. I would like to see at least 10 offered instead of having to keep adding 5 at a time. Adding additional templates or templates in which you can just change a color selection would be great. Really utilize this for school PTO/Booster Clubs would be beneficial. Cater to them. Allowing for a 'cheaper' price than what you have for the souped up version would be nice as well.,10,This has been a great service for our PTOs. It has really made a positive impact on obtaining parents to sign up for time slots.,Typeform,Typeform, SurveyMonkey, Facebook for BusinessHelpful product for organizing volunteersI've used SignUpGenius to organize our volunteers across many different ministries, from children's ministry to hospitality. It allows us to provide several different options to get all of our needs covered. I've also used it to collect which times people are available to help us decide when to plan a meeting.,Clean interface for analytics Ease of Use for the person filling out the form Easy to create form itself Easy to modify the form,Creating teams for certain forms Creating email data to follow up on specific answers,9,Ability to create a clear focus Keep track of difficult to measure analytics,,Adobe Photoshop, Wufoo, Hootsuite Enterprise, DaVinci ResolveLove it!I use SignUpGenius to manage my parent volunteers in the school library. It helps me to know when I will have volunteers and enables me not to double book volunteers. In addition, they can schedule themselves in advance without having to check with me. They can also cancel their date, which many of the parents find convenient.,It is very user friendly. The creator of the SignUpGenius can send messages to the group. You can set up multiple times for particular dates.,I wish you could easily individually email volunteers.,8,SignUpGenius has saved me a lot of time. Time that I would have to spend emailing people back and forth. SignUpGenius allows me to plan ahead and know when I'll have extra help in the library.,,OneDrive, Google ClassroomGreat product that works in the background so you can focus on other tasks.It is being used by our whole organization. It has simplified the volunteer process for our events by eliminating the need for an employee to keep track manually of volunteers.,There is a good interaction with people that sign up to volunteer at our events - they can add it to their calendar and have reminder emails sent to them. There are a good variety of templates to use, the colors are great & I like that you can incorporate your own images. It is quick and easy to set up a new event; however, my favorite feature is the ability to duplicate events.,It can be confusing when adding new dates/times or slots to an existing sign up. It always takes me a time or two to get it right.,9,It has had a positive impact on our organization. Since using the site, we typically fill every open slot.,,Expensify, QuickBooks Online, Adobe Acrobat DC,1,3,Event coordination,We've also used it to set up a business fair with vendor booths.,I'm not sure.,10
SignUpGenius

SignUpGenius Reviews

SignUpGenius
Filter 5 vetted SignUpGenius reviews and ratings
Becca Guler profile photo
November 30, 2018

SignUpGenius Review: "A Genius Way to Organize a Sign Up"

• Entering a large block of dates and times (up to 200 time slots at one entry), which you can then click or unclick as availabilities. This makes it easier when you have 2 individuals with a variety of time slots available, some of which overlap and some of which don't. You can just enter something like 9:00-5:00 from 11/14-11/22 and indicate the length of appointments and it provides a table of all possible slots. You then go to each person's block and choose the slots that are available for meetings.
  • One of the best free products I've used. There are some additional features available with the paid version, such as having more than one administrator email address and choosing a specific admin email for a specific signup, but the free version has done nearly everything we've wanted to do.
  • The reminders that you can choose for signers up are very helpful. I've had more than one student say, "It's a good thing I got a reminder email because I would have forgotten this otherwise".
  • Those who sign up can later go back to their sign up from the confirmation email they received if they need to cancel, edit or reschedule.
  • Some of the layout and terminology are a little confusing and could be more user-friendly. It took me some time and playing around to figure out that the days and times you put in are a step which just produces a grid of possible times, and that choosing which slots to activate is a second step required. It later made sense why it was set up this was (allows you to input a large block of times at once and then select the particular ones you need, and makes it possible to add a second person with a different schedule on the same sign up, giving the appointment setters more options overall to choose from)
  • Wish it would intuitively (or add an option to...) replicate location for any additional days and times you add to the same sign up. Has to be manually added (or copied and pasted).
It's definitely more useful for one of the following: 1) a single event where people can sign up for different jobs and time slots to volunteer or work, or 2) a continuous calendar of signups for things like intake meetings, routine overtime tasks workers can opt to work, etc.
If you only need a couple of people per week to be able to sign up for something, it's probably not worth the set up and short but routine maintenance of adding and deleting dates and times for purpose #2 above.
Read Becca Guler's full review
Stacey Pagan profile photo
August 01, 2018

SignUpGenius Review: "NonProfits See This"

• Allows you to select pre-made templates or design your own.
  • Allows you to utilize time templates, or design your own.
  • Allows people to see who else is signed up to avoid conflict.
  • I think an area that needs improvement is allowing for more than 5 slots at a time. I would like to see at least 10 offered instead of having to keep adding 5 at a time.
  • Adding additional templates or templates in which you can just change a color selection would be great. Really utilize this for school PTO/Booster Clubs would be beneficial. Cater to them.
  • Allowing for a 'cheaper' price than what you have for the souped up version would be nice as well.
School PTOs, Fun Fairs - this is great for parents to select times and see what is available. I honestly cannot think of when it would not be useful, and if someone is looking for a sign-up type program, this is it!
Read Stacey Pagan's full review
Megan Campbell profile photo
August 06, 2018

SignUpGenius Review: "Helpful product for organizing volunteers"

• Clean interface for analytics
  • Ease of Use for the person filling out the form
  • Easy to create form itself
  • Easy to modify the form
  • Creating teams for certain forms
  • Creating email data to follow up on specific answers
It is a great tool for grabbing large scale data from a group of people. We are able to use it to get comprehensive availability information from a group of around 1000 people and have a clear understanding of what the data means. It can be used for both small and large projects.
Read Megan Campbell's full review
Caitlin Stote M.Ed. profile photo
August 01, 2018

SignUpGenius Review: "Love it!"

• It is very user friendly.
  • The creator of the SignUpGenius can send messages to the group.
  • You can set up multiple times for particular dates.
  • I wish you could easily individually email volunteers.
SignUpGenius is great to use to manage volunteers or even potlucks. I would not use SignUpGenius with older people, who are not computer-savvy. It is also not suited for events with "flaky" people (people who say they are coming but don't actually come.)
Read Caitlin Stote M.Ed.'s full review
Gayle Potter, IOM profile photo
August 01, 2018

SignUpGenius Review: "Great product that works in the background so you can focus on other tasks."

• There is a good interaction with people that sign up to volunteer at our events - they can add it to their calendar and have reminder emails sent to them.
  • There are a good variety of templates to use, the colors are great & I like that you can incorporate your own images.
  • It is quick and easy to set up a new event; however, my favorite feature is the ability to duplicate events.
  • It can be confusing when adding new dates/times or slots to an existing sign up. It always takes me a time or two to get it right.
We use it to sign volunteers up for our community festivals. It makes organizing the event so much easier and has eliminated human error from the equation. Our volunteers can sign up anytime and we've found that is a huge benefit to them.
Read Gayle Potter, IOM's full review