SignUpGenius Reviews

Isabel Sam | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2020

Fun software to schedule events!

I actually use this for big client parties. My clients know that I don't have a huge team to put things together and they always volunteer to help. So I use it for them to sign up for how they want to help out and their kiddos rave that they have the absolute best of times with me!
  • Makes it very easy to know what you're signing up for.
  • Reminds you very well what you're doing and when and what you're bringing.
  • Very cute designs for you to choose from.
  • Let's you plan well into the future! Whew!
  • The first time I used this was for my daughter's preschool. I do remember feeling kind of confused about where I needed to go from the link they sent me. I clicked on the link and it sent me some where that I didn't feel was really understandable how I could sign up for things months out. But, I did figure it out, and I haven't had issues with it since.
It's actually really easy to use for photographers who are scheduling mini sessions or private school portrait sessions. The parents can select the time and date and pay their retainer right there. It'll send them reminders and you can be good to go. If you have a large studio with multiple photographers and assistants you can also schedule them around their availability so you have a photographer and assistant at each location or event you've scheduled portrait sessions.
Read Isabel Sam's full review
LeKeshia Franklin | TrustRadius Reviewer

SignUpGenius

We use SignUpGenius to recruit volunteers for our major events as well as for assisting with donor stewardship (i.e. birthday cards, intake, property donors, etc.). Our entire organization uses it. It assists us with reaching all of those in our database to assist us with tasks that can be done locally, from afar, online, or at home.
  • Exporting to Excel all those signed up for contact
  • Ease of use for administrator to make changes or additions
  • Easy to place into an e-newsletter or invitation or social media post with a link for signups
  • Not really easy to change administrators, use, or rights
  • Once deleted or archived still sends out reminders
  • Should be able to send out cancellation of events to volunteers
SignUpGenius is very well suited for remote businesses to reach a wide range of people anywhere and at any time. We have been able to recruit those that are retired, disabled, or stay at home to assist with different activities from phone calls to writing letters. The only adjustment is merging address books or contacts.
Read LeKeshia Franklin's full review
Caitlynn Dickerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 26, 2020

SignUpGenius is a game changer!

SignUpGenius is used by many departments within the health system and allows for easier communication and scheduling across the board. It allows us to keep everything in one place, employees the ability to communicate with each other and others to be able to view sign-ups/scheduling at a glance. It is very quick and efficient.
  • It is very easy to use and has a great user interface.
  • There are many customizable options.
  • It does most of the work for you! All you have to do is fill in your information as needed.
  • There could be more options available to the free version.
  • There could be more free templates to choose from.
  • An emailed instructional video for new users would be great.
SignUpGenius is great if you need something scheduled/filled and need it organized in one place. It is great for our department that needs a certain number of people on specific days and helps us to not be over-scheduled or under-scheduled on particular days. You can view everything at a glance and stay up to date as well as get email reminders.
Read Caitlynn Dickerson's full review
April 10, 2020

SignUpGenius - a Genius Form PlatFORM

I have personally used SignUpGenius at two different businesses and part of a nonprofit organization as well. It's incredibly easy to use as a group and to share with people that have never used it before. The first time you create a SignUp, it can be a little tricky - however, after you get the hang of it, it's very easy. The free plan allows for a ton of customization, allowing the user to create the perfect sign up form for their needs. It addresses the problem of organizing meetings to fit everyone's schedules, signing up for volunteer shifts, etc.
  • Customization - you can create fully customized forms with as many or as few fields as you need
  • Sharing - when you're ready to share your SignUp, you can do it via a link or you can upload your contacts into SignUpGenius and email it out through their platform
  • Alerts - if you need to edit your form after you publish it, you can choose to send out alerts to people that have signed up for that shift
  • Building the first form - it would be nice if there was a feature that would walk you through how the form can be created. Pop up bubbles could help guide you through it.
  • Better designed templates - with the free version, the photos/colors are kind of ugly
  • User interface could also be designed better. It's kind of clunky in its current layout.
I have recommended SignUpGenius be used by my coworkers and organization members. They have taken my advice and used it for organizing events and meetings and it has been well received and utilized. I think it is less appropriate when you don't have many people signing up - it wouldn't be worth the hassle of creating a form if you are only sharing it with a few people (in my opinion).
April 09, 2020

Nothing fancy, but gets the job done and really that's all that matters

It is used to help support sign-ups for in-house contests, competition entries as well as for sign-ups for events (in order to get a slot for say the wellness fair activities, etc.). Also used for sign ups for volunteer charity opportunities.
  • Very easy to use, if you're signing up for a slot it's only a few simply clicks.
  • Keeps you in the know with email notifications/confirmation of your signup.
  • Lets you sync your time slot with your calendar of choice.
  • It's not aesthetically that great to look at, could use a virtual face-lift.
  • Does not seem to have a way to cancel/undo a scheduled sign-up task (at least it isn't easy to find).
Well suited when just doing a basic task sign-up (like an appointment slot, or trying to get volunteers to sign up for tasks). It wouldn't be great for more detailed/complex tasks.
April 02, 2020

Volunteer Management System to Rely On

I am a small business that does enrichment education for kids from preschool to middle school. Often I put on family events where I need to gather volunteers from all over my community. SignUpGenius was a blessing literally to do the task. It is familiar with schools-public and private as well as parents. It organizes everything for me including downloads and reminder emails. I love the alerts as I did a posting and was concerned which I didn't have to as SignUpGenius sends alerts. I filled a one-night event that evening with volunteers with a waitlist. I love that there is a link so I just send the link to my school contacts asking for volunteers; again this is a well-known resource for gathering volunteers.
  • It's free till you want the premium version.
  • Ease of use and organization incredible
  • Usable links to forward for emailing
  • Easy exporting and downloading of information to Excel
  • Alerts you of Activity
  • The customization of how you want to organize your sign-up may take some time.
  • The ads, but it's free so hard to complain.
SignUpGenius is a well-known source for volunteer gathering and promoting. Most know how to use it to sign-up. If they don't, it's easy to use/user friendly. I'm a super small biz so free resources I am grateful for to help me build it. When I had a family night, this was the resource that saved my sanity as I received all the volunteers I needed in one place with exporting, downloading and abilities to communicate easily.
April 02, 2020

SignUpGenius Review

We use SignUpGenius to facilitate scheduling time slots for employee engagement opportunities. It allows for real-time access to availability and gives us a quick way to see where we still need resources. It helps to take what was a paper signup process to something we can now do electronically.
  • Ease of use for the end-user
  • Ability to set up a sign-up and manage communication all from one place
  • The built-in reminders are super helpful.
  • It can be time-consuming to get all the email addresses into the software.
  • Themes could use some refreshing.
  • Some of the scheduling slots are confusing.
SignUpGenius is a great tool for coordinating participants. The templates and features make getting started fairly easy. It takes some time to figure out how to make your sign-up look like you want it to, but then you are good to go. One of the great features of SignUpGenius is that is will email your participants in advance to remind them of their commitment. This is great because it takes following-up with and reminding participants off your plate and does that for you! Great tool for personal and professional management of sign-ups.
April 01, 2020

A Great Way to Organize Your Business

We have used SignUp Genius for staff parties and meetings. We use it within each team (teaching team, assisting team, and volunteer trade team) as well as when we have entire team events. It's an easy for everyone to sign up for something to bring to the party or meeting.
  • It's very user-friendly, even for people who aren't used to apps or internet sites.
  • You don't have to create an account which also makes it very user-friendly.
  • It's an easy way to sign up to bring items to events, meetings and gatherings.
  • The only downside I see (and this is very silly) is that it looks a little busy and the site isn't quite as "clean" as it could be. It doesn't affect the functionality of the site at all and it's really a small point.
It's great for parties and gatherings when you want everyone to bring something but you don't want everyone to bring the same thing. You can determine how many of each item is available to bring.

I have also found it helpful for meetings. My staff can sign up for a task or something to prepare beforehand.

SignUpGenius for Parent/Teacher Conferences

We use SignUpGenius to arrange our parent/teacher conferences each quarter, and it makes it very simple. All of our teachers use SignUpGenius, and it makes it possible for our teachers to connect with our parents for the good of their children.
  • Ease of Use
  • Intuitive
  • No Sign ups
  • User Interface
SignUpGenius is well suited for parent/teacher conferences.
Becca Guler | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 30, 2018

A Genius Way to Organize a Sign Up

My department uses SignUp Genius in a couple of ways. The first is to allow students to be able to sign up for appointments with me for intake meetings or other 1-on-1 services that occur once and are not part of our week to week services. I was unable to make my work Outlook calendar available to students and setting up student meetings was painfully slow and inefficient. Enter SignUpGenius, where I enter days and times I'm open and whenever responding to new student requests, I just send the link to my SignUp for intakes and they can easily claim a spot and even get an email reminder 2 days before the meeting. When I trained my Graduate Assistant to start doing some intakes as well, it was very easy to expand the existing sign-up by creating a second block with her name in it and indicating the days and times that she's available. Essentially, this student appointment signup is just a perpetual link where I routinely add and delete dates and times, so no one has to keep up with new links.
Over time, we realized that many of our internal events could also be more efficiently handled this way, so we use it for things like signing up to work Open Houses, making appointment times for end-of-semester employee reviews, etc.
  • Entering a large block of dates and times (up to 200 time slots at one entry), which you can then click or unclick as availabilities. This makes it easier when you have 2 individuals with a variety of time slots available, some of which overlap and some of which don't. You can just enter something like 9:00-5:00 from 11/14-11/22 and indicate the length of appointments and it provides a table of all possible slots. You then go to each person's block and choose the slots that are available for meetings.
  • One of the best free products I've used. There are some additional features available with the paid version, such as having more than one administrator email address and choosing a specific admin email for a specific signup, but the free version has done nearly everything we've wanted to do.
  • The reminders that you can choose for signers up are very helpful. I've had more than one student say, "It's a good thing I got a reminder email because I would have forgotten this otherwise".
  • Those who sign up can later go back to their sign up from the confirmation email they received if they need to cancel, edit or reschedule.
  • Some of the layout and terminology are a little confusing and could be more user-friendly. It took me some time and playing around to figure out that the days and times you put in are a step which just produces a grid of possible times, and that choosing which slots to activate is a second step required. It later made sense why it was set up this was (allows you to input a large block of times at once and then select the particular ones you need, and makes it possible to add a second person with a different schedule on the same sign up, giving the appointment setters more options overall to choose from)
  • Wish it would intuitively (or add an option to...) replicate location for any additional days and times you add to the same sign up. Has to be manually added (or copied and pasted).
It's definitely more useful for one of the following: 1) a single event where people can sign up for different jobs and time slots to volunteer or work, or 2) a continuous calendar of signups for things like intake meetings, routine overtime tasks workers can opt to work, etc.
If you only need a couple of people per week to be able to sign up for something, it's probably not worth the set up and short but routine maintenance of adding and deleting dates and times for purpose #2 above.
Read Becca Guler's full review
Stacey Pagan | TrustRadius Reviewer

NonProfits See This

I use SignUpGenius for two programs - one personal, one business, and it is a great feature! For personal, I utilize it for PTO and Booster Clubs for donations and work slots. Parents & colleagues find it very easy to sign in, select their time slot and be done. I find that it is easier to utilize this program than to email everyone and then they fight over the time slots.
  • Allows you to select pre-made templates or design your own.
  • Allows you to utilize time templates, or design your own.
  • Allows people to see who else is signed up to avoid conflict.
  • I think an area that needs improvement is allowing for more than 5 slots at a time. I would like to see at least 10 offered instead of having to keep adding 5 at a time.
  • Adding additional templates or templates in which you can just change a color selection would be great. Really utilize this for school PTO/Booster Clubs would be beneficial. Cater to them.
  • Allowing for a 'cheaper' price than what you have for the souped up version would be nice as well.
School PTOs, Fun Fairs - this is great for parents to select times and see what is available. I honestly cannot think of when it would not be useful, and if someone is looking for a sign-up type program, this is it!
Read Stacey Pagan's full review
Megan Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 06, 2018

Helpful product for organizing volunteers

I've used SignUpGenius to organize our volunteers across many different ministries, from children's ministry to hospitality. It allows us to provide several different options to get all of our needs covered. I've also used it to collect which times people are available to help us decide when to plan a meeting.
  • Clean interface for analytics
  • Ease of Use for the person filling out the form
  • Easy to create form itself
  • Easy to modify the form
  • Creating teams for certain forms
  • Creating email data to follow up on specific answers
It is a great tool for grabbing large scale data from a group of people. We are able to use it to get comprehensive availability information from a group of around 1000 people and have a clear understanding of what the data means. It can be used for both small and large projects.
Read Megan Campbell's full review
Caitlin Stote M.Ed. | TrustRadius Reviewer

Love it!

I use SignUpGenius to manage my parent volunteers in the school library. It helps me to know when I will have volunteers and enables me not to double book volunteers. In addition, they can schedule themselves in advance without having to check with me. They can also cancel their date, which many of the parents find convenient.
  • It is very user friendly.
  • The creator of the SignUpGenius can send messages to the group.
  • You can set up multiple times for particular dates.
  • I wish you could easily individually email volunteers.
SignUpGenius is great to use to manage volunteers or even potlucks. I would not use SignUpGenius with older people, who are not computer-savvy. It is also not suited for events with "flaky" people (people who say they are coming but don't actually come.)
Read Caitlin Stote M.Ed.'s full review
Gayle Potter, IOM | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 01, 2018

Great product that works in the background so you can focus on other tasks.

It is being used by our whole organization. It has simplified the volunteer process for our events by eliminating the need for an employee to keep track manually of volunteers.
  • There is a good interaction with people that sign up to volunteer at our events - they can add it to their calendar and have reminder emails sent to them.
  • There are a good variety of templates to use, the colors are great & I like that you can incorporate your own images.
  • It is quick and easy to set up a new event; however, my favorite feature is the ability to duplicate events.
  • It can be confusing when adding new dates/times or slots to an existing sign up. It always takes me a time or two to get it right.
We use it to sign volunteers up for our community festivals. It makes organizing the event so much easier and has eliminated human error from the equation. Our volunteers can sign up anytime and we've found that is a huge benefit to them.
Read Gayle Potter, IOM's full review

About SignUpGenius

SignUpGenius in Charlotte offers an event sign up and registration site and service for entities organizing small groups, with payment processing, email and text reminding, forms with visual design themes and templates, among other features.