Overall Satisfaction with Hatchbuck
Hatchbuck stores the company's customer and prospect database and helps us stay in regular touch with customers and nurture prospects till they purchase. We don't like to cold calling for new business. Hatchbuck helps us engage people searching for our kind of marketing automation expertise and then educate them until they're ready for human contact with us. Hatchbuck's tracking system allows us to tag new prospects with their interests so we are smarter when we have those warmed-up conversations.
- Very easy to learn and use. Navigation is intuitive.
- Scoring feature is customizable and covers all the basics: email opens and click-thrus, web visits, form submits.
- Customer service is fast and helpful; your questions are treated with urgency because they know you're probably on a deadline.
- Pricing is very fair for all you get in a subscription.
- No phone app yet.
- API is only 1 way (into Hatchbuck).
- No Boolean logic to filter on (although this feature is allegedly coming).
- Hatchbuck has changed how we built out our website, generated and followed up with leads and make decisions on who not to follow up with.
- Hatchbuck is much more efficient than the previous CRM we used (Act Software) because we can work out of a single database for CRM, email and marketing automation. It used to take me 2 hours to design an email template; now it takes me 15 minutes in Hatchbuck.
- List segmentation is not as easy as it could be because of the lack of Boolean logic in the filtering and I wish we could automate responses based on scoring (currently only tags are automatable). But I know Hatchbuck is working on this and I can live with it because everything else works so well.
For very basic CRM, email and marketing automation, Hatchbuck is a clear winner on feature set, price and ease of use. Lots of bells and whistles are great if you use them. But many of our clients don't want to learn, maintain and pay for that much technology. However, more savvy users will outgrow Hatchbuck very quickly, so be sure to do a thorough needs analysis before you invest time and resources into setting it up.
Hatchbuck works best for solpreneurs or small workgroups where sharing information is supported. If a sales org has low trust, Hatchbuck won't be a good fit because there is no contact-level security and the "record email" feature is "all or nothing," meaning if it's on, any user will be able to read anyone's email correspondence. We solved this by not turning on the record email feature, but for some businesses, this is not ideal.
BenchmarkONE (formerly Hatchbuck) Feature Ratings
They typically respond with the correct answer (not a "I'll have to check" answer) within 2 hours. They know me and remember my previous questions which often helps with context of the new problem
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
For some questions, my answer includes video how-tos and a link to the knowledge base, in addition to a personal response from the support team. Besides questions I may have for my own personal database, we're also servicing client databases, so service is very important. Hatchbuck delivers exceptional and polite service 100% of the time.