Overall Satisfaction with Hotjar
We utilize the resources of Hotjar to really get a feel for how users interact with our website. The whole point is to understand what drives traffic, what content is useful, and what elements draw visitors into the site. Hotjar provides this invaluable feedback using real experience (not just numbers). There are nuances about how a visitor truly interacts with the page that a number just doesn't reflect. Screen recordings, pauses, scrolls, and page jumps help tell a much more complete story that provides context and value.
- Shows me where users stop, repeat, and return.
- Shows me specifically if there are problems, confusion, or delays.
- Helps me streamline content that users skip over, don't consume, or avoid.
- It's cumbersome to get numbers to display. That could be simplified (I think?).
- It would be helpful to know if recordings included 'target' pages - key pages that are conversion pages. We know landing/exit pages - maybe we could flag a specific page to be a 'key' page and then know when a specific recording 'hit' that page?
- Sometimes I miss notifications that a recording has stopped working - not sure if there are better ways to send notifications (SMS?).
- I've used it to streamline pages and simplify content (resulting in a smaller, more efficient website).
- It's saved us countless hours of debate about "how" a page is consumed -- here's PROOF!
- I've found that users are more likely to visit and use our content now that we've made it easier.
I just find Hotjar to be simpler, cleaner, easier, and more flexible. Lucky Orange was a tool that another client of my had installed and, while it 'worked' and did similar things, I found that Hotjar was simpler. I don't know if there are cost differences between the two (I never paid for Lucky Orange).
Do you think Hotjar delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Hotjar's feature set?
Did Hotjar live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Hotjar go as expected?
Would you buy Hotjar again?
I simply love this product -- it provides insight and value to me that is actionable and intentional. I don't make decisions based solely on analytics reports, but we overlay those reports with the contextual usage that we see from real UX/UI. There's no easier tool that I've found to help us make decisions that are supported by data and proven by users' actions.