Overall Satisfaction with Insightly
Insightly is being used across the entire organization. The main business problem it addresses is our ability to manage and organize industry contacts. We also use Insightly as a way to manage, visualize, and analyze our business pipeline. The former (managing contacts) is mandatory for the entire organization while the latter (opportunities management) is used by higher up individuals.
- Link people in Insightly because we can map relationships
- Integrate with our email client because it makes the lift lower (we use Google Apps)
- Easy customization because we have unique elements that need to be tracked.
- Reporting - can't stress enough how even with new advanced reporting the functionality just isn't there.
- Links - when exporting out, links don't stay. This effectively negates a lot of their value.
- Tasks just don't work well for our organization.
- Improved efficiency
- Centralized contact management
The main outcome we hope to achieve is to organize and categorize our data effectively and efficiently. As a business we needed to capture what we were doing to be able to make decisions and understand past behavior, as well as increase communication and transparency among the team. We have mostly achieved these outcomes, but the main reasons for not fully achieving them are cultural, not anything to do with Insightly as a tool.
It is better suited for smaller organizations that need to build something fast. It is less appropriate for intricate and complex organizations as it doesn't scale extraordinarily well. It is best suited for people who don't like CRM systems very much but understand that they need to be used in businesses today to succeed.
Insightly Feature Ratings
1 - Effective communication skills and technical ability to trouble shoot problems in a creative manner. The most important skills are less on the technical side and more on the personal side.
- Identifying new business opportunities.
- When someone wants to approach an organization, and doesn't know them but someone else on our team does.
- When someone on our team leaves and we need to retain contact information.
- There haven't been any unexpected or innovative ways. We use the tool as prescribed and fairly basically.
- If reporting tools are built out, there are a number of internal processes that can be streamlined and replaced with effective reports.
Evaluating Insightly and Competitors
- Time management - getting everyone on board when they have other job duties.
- Culture change - making sure everyone buys into actually using a CRM system.
- Proper data uploading.
The tool is simple to learn and easy to use. With little technical knowledge, mostly just an ability to be curious and work problems out, the system can be learned and supported by all staff and support members.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- I can't think of one function standing out as especially easy or elegant. All of them work very well and easily.
- No functions are particularly difficult or cumbersome to perform if the functionality is included.