Review of Intacct
Updated July 13, 2018
Review of Intacct
Score 9 out of 10
most current version
- Order Entry
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Management
- Customization Services
Overall Satisfaction with Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct was really simple in integration into our current systems and processes. When it comes to linking Intact and SalesForce, Intacct provides valuable information into SalesForce. This lets the Sales and Support teams to be able to review accounts without needing access to another system.
Intacct is our system of record for the financial reporting of the company. Intacct is being used for the order to cash process, bill to payment process, and for the revenue recognition process. It is being used by 3 - 4 different departments. Intacct allows for less reliance on spreadsheets. It has automated the revenue recognition process and segregated the timing of billing and timing of when to recognize revenue.
- Intacct is easy to use and learn. With a little time and understanding, the IT department does not need to be involved with troubleshooting the system.
- Being in the cloud and having access anywhere, allows for real time decisions to be made.
- Intaccts' reporting and ability to analyze various types of multiple budgets at one time. Being able to link Salesforce, Avatax and Intacct together allows for the ability to keep information up to date and visible to others that may not have or need access to the program.
- Intacct's customer service staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the product and wanting to resolve the issues.
- The ability to update and change revenue schedules to match the new accounting rules and automate the timing of the revenue makes customer growth manageable.
- The reconciling of the sub-ledger to the general ledger is difficult. The sub-ledger reports are not a point in time, the balances can change depending on the timing of processes being updated and the reports being run.
- I would like to see the ability to change a non-financial impacting field in the invoice (change address) after a period is closed.
- It is hard and time consuming to fix mistakes in the system. There are a lot of hoops to jump through. And don't make a mistake on the error correction.
- Especially in the beginning implementation, make sure that you have completely laid out how Intacct needs to work. You need to map out and understand how the system handles transactions.
- Intacct allows for only entering data once if synced with the sales booking system. Intacct also allows for quicker turn around time for processing invoices.
- We have been able to reduce the time it takes to close by four days
- Less manual journal entries are needed because the system will post joural entries automatically.
- Intacct's ability to review and forecast revenue gives greater visibility in company performance.
We have benefitted from the Intacct Automation from a standpoint that we do not need to keep manual spreadsheets from deferred revenue. Also we do not need to do double entry of order into Intacct. Once the order is entered in SalesForce, a click of a button will allow for all of the information to be transferred to without manually entering a second time
The revenue management has allowed for less use of spreadsheets and being able to better manage and forecast revenue. It has also allowed for re-allocation of various revenue items based upon the new revenue accounting rules. This also allows for better reporting and more accurate reporting of ST and LT deferred revenue.
When comparing other financial reporting tools, we were looking for something that would be able to grow with the company. A large EPR tool was too costly for us to justify to implement, and the others were too manual. Intacct allowed for a more streamlined process and put more work on the system to do process entries and allowed for the employees to have more time to monitor and review transactions.
Some key questions to ask when considering Intacct are:
- What is the timeline for implementation? What is the process for converting prior financial information?
- Are there references that I can contact that are using Intacct? What is the turnover rate for customers?
- How many people need to have access to the day to day operations versus casual users?
- What type of effort is needed to sync our sales booking system to Intacct?
- When looking at additional products or features, which ones do you recommend?
Sage Intacct Feature Ratings
Using Sage Intacct
1 - Accounting, system processing, month-end close, knowledge of people using the system, understanding of the modules being used.
- Financial Reporting
- Revenue Recognition
- Customer Invoicing
- Cash Application
- Renewal Quoting
- Streamline purchse requisition processing
- Streamline Renewal Order quoting
- Provide Department level expenses that can be automatically sent to the business unit owers automatically
There was a lot of effort to move to the Intacct platform. Being in the second year of using the platform, we are seeing instances where we can start improving how we use Intacct. In addition, we have been able to increase revenues without increasing headcount. Every day we are learning more about Intacct and how to make it work better. It is providing the right information to the decision makers and allowing for business decisions to be made on the correct information.
Evaluating Sage Intacct and Competitors
Yes - QuickBooks - Moved all of our reporting off of spreadsheets and able to free up time. Also more Dynamic reporting for Financial statements.
- Product Features
- Third-party Reviews
Being able to automate loading sales from Salesforce and being able to recognize revenue on various different timeframes as needed. Also automating the sales tax process was a major factor. We waited for a year to add sales tax and we should have done that at the same time because of the benefits.
Sage Intacct Implementation
Make sure that the timeline set by the implementation company can be met. Truly understand all of the important deadlines and how it impacts the daily work. Be open to changing how the account structure and that this is different from your current system.
- Third-party professional services
Our Impementation was run by Armanino McKenna
Sage Intacct Training
Training was basic but it allowed for knowledge to get the system running and not have too much downtime during conversion.
Configuring Sage Intacct
If you have never upgraded to Intacct before, hire an outside consulting firm to help with the configuration
Some - we have done small customizations to the interface - Once you understand the system, it is pretty easy. But it does take some time and there be some trial and error in getting the user interface right.
Sage Intacct Support
All of the support team is very knowledgeable about the product and how it is to work. When there is a major problem, they understand the need to escalate.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Need to explain problems multiple times
No - Does not seem to be a need for it. Once a ticket is submitted, a person will call me back.
Yes - When you need to open a new screen in the Oder Entry Module and it is longer than 20 lines the screen automatically scrolls up to a point to where you cannot see the line that you are working on. It is hard to review and takes extra time to update the lines.
Every time I reach out the customer support team, they are very professional and understanding of the tickets that I have entered. When there is an issue the support person will record the issue so that the development team can see the issue and try to resolve.
Using Sage Intacct
Intacct is overall easy to use. But when you have to correct something, be prepared to spend a little extra time fixing the problem.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Sage Intacct Reliability
Integrating Sage Intacct
You need SalesForce experts involved in addition to Intacct experts that understand the customer fields in SalesForce.
Relationship with Sage
There were a lot of hoops to updating the renewal and even more when there is a name change or merger