You'll be happy you chose isolved
January 12, 2021
You'll be happy you chose isolved
Score 10 out of 10
- Human Resources
- Benefits Enrollment
- Time and Attendance
- Learn Pro
- Data Integration & Audit
Overall Satisfaction with isolved
We are a manufacturing company between 200 and 300 employees. We use isolved for all core HR, payroll, benefits enrollment, onboarding, learning, and their benefit services. We chose the platform back in 2016 based on both the ease of use for our employees and ourselves as administrators. We went from having folders and folders of Excel spreadsheets and a lot of manual work to going paperless and simplifying a lot of our daily processes. It's currently being used by HR and IT for their asset management, training department and our employees through employee self-service.
- Benefit enrollment and EDI feeds will save you hours and hours of work.
- If you want to go completely paperless, you have the ability to do so with employee documents, electronic signatures, onboarding and benefit enrollments, etc.
- The biggest thing they do well is they are always evolving. They listen to your ideas and concerns and it's fun and exciting when you get to see them implemented!
- We haven't gone live, but their new user interface is awesome for employees (this got rid of the app that was mediocre, so a huge improvement).
- Payroll processing is super simple and they have all sorts of reports for easy checks and balances and auditing before processing.
- Have done an awesome job adding tons of dashboards for management tools!
- Mobile/tablet view for admin users. When you are in a meeting or on the floor and someone asks a question that you could easily find within isolved, it's rather complicated to do so unless you have your laptop with you.
- The company has grown so the structure of customer service has changed multiple times. They have since gone back to a dedicated rep; however, do not expect same-day replies on emails like they did a few years ago where you would chat back and forth.
- Employee messaging is a great feature, but too complicated with too many steps to use (there is a huge potential for improvement here).
- The training university--I understand this might be a pro for some people, but a lot of the trainings are live webinars, which makes it hard to find quick information sometimes. You need to either watch the whole thing or scan through to find what you are looking for, which can be hard during a busy day.
- Report writer has a lot of features (this should be in the PRO); however, unless you are HRIS savvy, it may be too complicated for the normal HR user to create a more complex report.
- Data Analytics--would love more real-time analytics around payroll/overtime/costs.
- Organization Chart--this is usually pretty standard in most HCMs and should be one of the easier things to create in the platform but it lacks this.
I don't think I listed all of the HCM vendors we tried out; however, let me save you some time. If you want the most affordable option that's user friendly with the most options, go with isolved. One thing I need to mention is the communication they have with all the evolving changes in 2020. They were on top of everything and constantly were sending out communications and updates.
Do you think isolved delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with isolved's feature set?
Did isolved live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of isolved go as expected?
Would you buy isolved again?