isolved solves the problem

February 18, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Pay calculation (90)

Direct deposit files (91)

Update personal information (82)

View and generate pay and benefit information (86)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of isolved, and make your voice heard!

Per Employee Per Month

Performance Management

Succession Planning

Recruiting / ATS

What is isolved?

isolved provides people-first HCM technology, offering solutions delivered directly or through their partner network to more than five million employees and 145,000 employers — who use them with the goal of boosting performance, increasing productivity, and accelerating results while reducing risk. Their HCM platform, isolved People Cloud, connects and manages the employee journey across talent management, HR & payroll, workforce management and engagement management functions. No matter the industry, isolved aims to help high-growth organizations employ, enable and empower their workforce by transforming employee experience. For more information, visit www.isolvedhcm.com.

isolved Features

Human Resource Management Features

• Supported: Employee demographic data
  • Supported: Employment history
  • Supported: Job profiles and administration
  • Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
  • Supported: Benefits information
  • Supported: Organizational charting
  • Supported: Organization and location management
  • Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

• Supported: Report builder
  • Supported: Pre-built reports
  • Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

• Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
  • Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

• Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
  • Supported: Applicant Tracking
  • Supported: Notifications and Alerts

isolved Videos

New Look. New Experience. New Day for People-first HR. Human resources is an always changing business—because it's a “people business.” You need people-first technology solutions that will evolve with you—and your employees. Say hello to the new isolved. See for yourself! https://www.isolvedhcm.com/
Culture is a value that encompasses a lot of different aspects for us. Workplace culture sets up the foundation for our values, beliefs, how we interact, and how our leaders work for our employees. We have a culture that truly empowers each person in our organization. The empo...

isolved Competitors

isolved Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web

What is isolved?

isolved is a SaaS-based, cloud-resident Human Capital Management (HCM) solution that provides Payroll, HR, Benefits Administration, Time & Attendance, Talent Management and Compliance. Employers have the ability to schedule an upcoming shift, view overtime levels, run a customized report, preview payroll in real time, write a performance report for a peer or elect benefits.

What is isolved's best feature?

Reviewers rate Pay calculation highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses isolved?

The most common users of isolved are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Construction industry.

We use the full slate of isolved products. Payroll, benefit administration, HR Management, Share & Perform, Learn & Grow, Benefit Services, and People Services. We have added all these services a little at a time as we have doubled in size over the last 18 months. Isolved has been a Godsend for us as we would be buried in paperwork if it wasn't for their wonderful products.
  • Payroll processing is easy.
  • Benefits Administration is easy for employees to use.
  • Cobra Processing has been amazing savings of time.
  • Their customer service is great, but sometimes they could be better at communicating with each other.
  • Need to be able to open two isolved screens at the same time.
Very user-friendly and easy to train on. Has helped us become more efficient overall and we keep adding more to our services as we need them. The addition of Learn & Grow has helped us expand our training options for all staff and leadership. Benefits Administration has made us basically paperless when it comes to open enrollment and new hire enrollment.
We use it for payroll, reporting, tracking benefits, hiring, personnel files, and this fall we will be using the open enrollment feature. This product solves the problem of needing a streamed lined service to handle all things HR.
  • Employee Information
  • Benefits
  • Customer Service
  • Certain features
  • Reporting
This is a great system for small to mid sized companies. We will be exploring how isolved will work once we have multiple locations. I am not sure if this is a great program for several locations on 1 payroll. We will see once we begin this process.
April 25, 2022

isolved Follower!

Helen Morris | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use isolved for our payroll processing and management (around 300 employees), as well as a database for all our employees in several pay groups.
  • Payroll Processing
  • HR Database
  • Reports
  • Configuring Labor Groups
  • Configuring Employee Earnings
isolved has been great with payroll management - I have used iSolved both in a restaurant setting (with 26 different locations) as well as in the current performing arts setting, where we have two completely different pay groups on different schedules. Setting up our payroll each new season is very user-friendly, and I've grown very fond of using this software.
Melissa Flavin | TrustRadius Reviewer
isolved is the right-hand man that I consult with all day every day. For three years I was an HR party of one and relied on my HR software for assistance with daily tasks. We were with Paycom but left them in December of 2021 to implement isolved and I couldn't be happier. Although the implementation was a little rockier than anticipated, the usability of the program is leaps and bounds better than Paycom was. isolved helps me transition to paperless HR personnel filing, manage COBRA and FMLA cases easier, verify and maintain benefits more accurately and help employees take a more active role in managing their own HR needs and files. I am continually amazed at how intuitive the program is and continues to evolve for the better. My only wish is that I would have switched systems sooner and didn't wait three years!
  • FMLA management
  • Digital personnel filing with folders
  • Employee self service
  • Integration to hiring platforms like Indeed, etc.
  • Onboarding is flawless
  • Benefit EDI feeds
  • PTO management through the idea of allowing employees to submit change requests themselves
  • Searching for employees by first name or last name
  • Single Sign On for Client end users
If you want employees to have the ability to submit their own time change requests for PTO, this would not be a good system to use as they have not implemented that recommendation yet. If you want to have a hands-off approach to FMLA and COBRA management, isolved would be fantastic!
We use isolved for time and attendance, onboarding, offboarding, benefits, hiring and will soon be using the learning. I take care of the time and attendance and process payroll. Currently, I don't have any issues with isolved. I am going to be implementing the AEE interface within the next couple of weeks at our company so hoping that goes well.
  • My rep meets with me on a regular basis to make sure all is good.
  • Keeps me updated on new updates
  • Continues to improve on its system
  • Reports could be easier to write yourself
From my experience isolved works with you when you have an issue to make sure the problem gets solved.
March 23, 2022

ok

I am just learning the system. The payroll and hires features are very but it seems like there may be more features that could be expanded. It's definitely better than SAP/Success Factors
  • Ihire very customizable
  • detailed reporting
  • Payroll
  • Reporting there are so many reports descriptions or samples would be helpful
  • iHire time to fill reporting would require you not to refresh postings ever 30 days
  • Customer service -when I call they direct me to email. When I email, they just brush off the issues to close the ticket- no real solutions
  • Months have gone by and we receive errors in our feed and our iSolved team has no resolution
Customer service is awful. I'm just learning the system but it looks capable. The search feature in iSolved University never produces relative results for simple searches.
Customer service just passes requests around from person to person with no real resolution.
We use isolved as our payroll and time keeping system and tax reporting and remittance. We are a small organization with no formal payroll or HR departments, so we are able to leverage isolved to fill these gaps. We also use some of their HR services, such as onboarding, training, and compliance.
  • easy to use
  • great customer service
  • wide variety of service offerings
  • robust reporting tools
  • Making changes to pay items usually takes several ties to get them right.
  • Time keeping for employees could be more user-friendly.
  • Not as knowledgeable about governmental benefits, such as 401a plans
isolved works very well for us as a small employer. It is easy to navigate and maintain, as we don't have many changes each pay period. I'm not sure how it would work for a larger employer. We definitely don't use all of the features available, but it seems like it would fit just about any sized organization.
February 28, 2022

Great customer service !

We use the platform to process payroll twice a month.
  • Great customer service.
  • Awesome reporting system.
  • Modern platform that is easy to navigate.
  • I'd only say that I'd like the number of calls to promote additional services to decrease; if we need it we will reach out.
In my opinion, customer service is the number one motivator. I've always had pleasant experiences when I reach out for anything at isolved. The website is modern and easy to navigate. They are solution-driven; for any report, you need you can find the tools to create if not created already. Great company!
We use 'iSolved daily in our organization for time & attendance, tracking PTO & sick time. Biweekly to run payroll. iSolved also ACHs our employee 401k deductions & employer match contributions directly into employee accounts. We use reporting feature to run necessary reports for our 401k Third Party Administrator & quarterly reports for CPA & worker's comp policy audits.
  • Time & attendance
  • Payroll processing
  • Upload certain pay components into payroll via file upload, such as commissions payable to select employees
  • Ensure payroll autocorrects new hires pay based on the hire date. Currently a manual process.
'iSolved is comparable to other bigger & more expansive payroll systems. It is well suited for daily use in our organization for time & attendance, tracking PTO & sick time. It automates 401k calculations, match - based on our specific requirements, & even direct deposits those deductions into employees 401k accounts which we've discovered is not a standard function with all systems. It is a robust system, user friendly with excellent reporting features.
February 25, 2022

isolved is user friendly

I use isolved to run our payroll and to track our employees and their attandance. I also use the time clock system for our hourly employees.
  • Customer Service
  • Software is user friendly
  • Communications to users
  • Cost
  • Attendance can only be tracked on a calendar year
  • Rollover of attendance
isolved is great for processing payroll. It is very user friendly. The time clock system is easy for our employees to use. We are a small employer and it is very well suited to us. We use what we need in the system.
Amy Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize iSolved for payroll processing and benefits enrollment.
  • Payroll processing
  • Onboarding new employees
  • Reporting
  • I would like to see a more intuitive employee files section.
  • I would like to see more functionality or easier-to-use functionality for creating custom reports.
  • I have found the process for uploading data in bulk to be a bit challenging and typically, input the data by hand.
  • As a client of a company that iSolved bought, I don't feel that I was ever trained on how to use the software but have learned over time through regular usage.
iSolved is well-suited to manage payroll. The interface for open enrollment could be more user-friendly.
February 22, 2022

Seamless Improvements

The product addresses business issues with keeping a streamlined onboarding and hiring process. We use the recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefit enrollment, timekeeping and many other features. All parts of the system we use are very helpful in keeping our processes user friendly and easy to keep track of. We use isolved daily to make our work lives easier!
  • Onboarding is very streamlined and user friendly.
  • The recruiting piece is very diverse in it's uses.
  • Processing payroll is easy and effective.
  • More reminder notifications would be great!
  • A way to email hiring managers and our IT department at the same time with a template would save us from so much email communication
  • Transfer all attached documents such as interview notes from iHired applicants to isolved employee documents would save us time uploading into multiple places
isolved is well suited especially for larger organizations for recruiting, onboarding, payroll and benefits. My experience with isolved is very new, but I have enjoyed the customization of different sections to better fit each organization. The system is also very user friendly. I cannot think of a scenario where isolved would be less appropriate.
February 21, 2022

Payroll Perfect

We use the HR, time management and payroll unites of isolved. It replaced the need for manually inputting data for time, etc. We were able to give all of our managers access to the system to manage their own employees. The prior system was ran only by myself and another employee. It is nice to have the time validated by a manager that is involved and knows the situation of our employees.
  • Time management is much easier
  • The ability to have multiple managerial users
  • The HR onboarding is a nice feature
  • The onboarding could be a little more user friendly
  • The isolved Go App has a few issues that could be addressed
  • The online version doesn't always work.
isolved works great for the payroll aspect. We have never had any issues with the payroll system. The app however, various employees have had issues with requesting time off and figuring out how it works. Their time bank isn't very easy to understand for our employees.
We use isolved to process our semi-monthly payrolls for 2 minor league baseball teams. I have started using it for our onboarding.
  • Customer service is FANTASTIC! It is the reason why we chose isolved over another payroll company.
  • Timely responses to all inquiries
  • Easy to use platform
  • The mobile time clock was an issue for us last season.
Again, the customer service is amazing! I love that I am always able to talk with a representative and they are always helpful. Or if they cannot answer my question immediately, they refer me to someone that can help me. All the representatives are very knowledgeable!
February 18, 2022

Isolved is Great

I use isolved for payroll and time use. I love the time off calendar it helps employees see who is off so they can coordinate their time off requests with other employees. The payroll platform is easy to use. The only issue I can think of at this time is I wish there was a way for the "supervisor" to do payroll when I am out without seeing how much other employees made. I believe this can be done by the supervisor being able to just verify the hours.
  • Payroll is easy
  • I can see how long someone is out for their breaks and lunch
  • Love the time off calendar
  • There is no way for me to get help with payroll without having my backup see all the employees' salaries.
  • When punching is not done correctly it is sometimes hard to fix.
  • When I need a new report it is sometimes hard to figure out what report I need.
I am overall very happy with isolved.
We use isolved for all of our HR record keeping, payroll, and benefits. I would say our biggest issue has been not receiving customer support that actually want to help completely. I leave still feeling confused on the subject - unless it's with ..., he's literally the best and makes everything so simple to understand especially if you're new to HR.
  • Lots of people on deck to help (although it's a little muddy knowing who does what responsibility).
  • Platform organization
  • User friendly, but hard to navigate at times.
  • Certain customer support specialists could be more well trained in my opinion.
isolved is great for a platform to onboard new employees, process payroll, and organize all of the paperwork necessary for these items.
I use iSolved every day in many different ways. The main function it is used in our facility is for time recording keeping and payroll.
  • Time keeping
  • Record keeping
  • Employee management
  • Hiring/termination
  • Benefits enrollment
  • The report archive can be difficult to navigate at times
  • Filtering former/active employees
  • ACA reporting
iSolved is perfect for our business (medical setting). At first I was intimidated by the learning-curve of the program (there is SO much information). However, I quickly picked up on iSolved and now look forward to logging on each day. I use iSolved in a variety of situations.
Davina Ford | TrustRadius Reviewer
Fleming Complete uses iSolved as their workforce solution. We utilize Attract & Hire as well and are looking to incorporate Learn & Grow and Mojo.
We attract applicants and send all applicant communications through Attract & Hire. It's amazing to centralize job postings and receive statistics on what's working or not. The support team has been great in helping us re-write our job postings too.
The Attract & Hire system integrates with our workforce solution. Making the transition from applicant to new hire seamless.
We further use the workforce solution to manage time off (vacation, EPST, jury, military, and unpaid). It's great to have all information in one place.
We also track other information about employees such as emergency contacts, likes/favorite things, and their certifications. Now the executive team has one location to obtain secure details.
We do not use the systems timesheet/clocking functionality because it doesn't work well in the construction industry. We charge time to each construction project we work on. This could include 15 minutes of time. The clocking system really doesn't like recording 15 minute increments. So, we use a manual system to track time.
  • Centralizes Data
  • Converts job applicants to new hires
  • Support team is amazing...they're always there to help create a solution
  • Reporting options are unlimited
  • iSolved continues to upgrade their system to stay current with the times
  • Recording 15 minutes of time on the timeclock is a challenge. The system just doesn't like it.
  • Creating reports is initially confusing, so additional upfront training would be good.
  • It's confusing, at first, to understand how to use Help vs. iSolved University.
  • Creating custom fields is easy, but setting them up correctly for future ease of finding and reporting from can be challenging.
Well Suited
  • Attract and Hire integration to the workforce platform for seamless onboarding
  • Staying current with technology and human resource information
  • Technical support and general customer support
  • iSolved University training
  • Securely retaining vital documentation and certifications

Less Appropriate
  • Clocking in and out in 15 minute increments

Working for a relatively small nonprofit, I am responsible for HR, payroll, A/P, A/R, finance, and general business administration. isolved makes payroll, benefits selection and management, taxes, compliance, etc. much easier. We would like to expand our use of isolved, but I can't seem to find the time to review other modules--specifically, onboarding/offboarding and HR.
  • Presenting our health benefits options via GCG
  • Support of our benefits management via isolved
  • Helping with payroll when I have out-of-the-ordinary circumstances
  • When we started, we worked with AmCheck and always had an individual that could help with most questions. We no longer have that individual attention. That slows down response times.
  • Assigning managers/supervisors--I need to call and find out what I'm doing incorrectly so that managers and supervisors can receive PTO request emails and then approve them in isolved.
  • Having worked with databases quite a bit, I would like to see the report creation tools be more user friendly. This is an area where I need to carve out time, research the help resources, and figure out how to customize and save reports. Sounds basic, but it isn't straightforward to me. I take some responsibility around learning the program.
The biggest challenge I have is that I am not a dedicated payroll/HR specialist. The support from isolved has been very good, but I do wish I had a dedicated individual who grew to know our business. There have been a couple of occasions where I used the help resources and they proved to be excellent. I struggle with finding the time to search the help resources, determine if what I find answers my questions, and then implement the information I learn. Sometimes, I need to just ask someone.
February 11, 2022

isolved review.

I have been using isolved for two years now and I am more comfortable than ever. I'm using it for everything I need and every time I had an issue the isolved team was there to help me. Currently, there are no business problems.
  • Great customer service.
  • Easy to get the paystubs.
  • Easy to change personal data like direct deposit or tax info.
  • Time cards could be little better. Everything is so manual.
It's pretty compatible with our type of business. Leave accruals are easy to edit and input.
We use iSolved for payroll. We have their time clocks, it tracks just about everything. PTO, holidays, taxes, emergency contacts, W2, the list goes on and on. It is very user-friendly and has endless options.
  • Tracking everything
  • Everything is in 1 place
  • Getting our pto policy to work in iSolved was a task
They are just a call away with any questions that I may have.
We use isolved primarily for payroll. We use the software to onboard employees, and then bi-monthly we do payroll. With the help of their support team we set up the system in a way that works best for us. We also use their time system to track PTO so we know when employees will be off. This year we will begin to use Share & Perform, their performance review software. Thus far set up has been easy and we look forward to utilize this software on a quarterly basis.
  • Support team answers phone calls quickly, you don't have to wait on hold very long
  • Support team rarely takes days to fix issues once they're in their queue
  • The onboarding tool has been very useful. We've been able to do onboarding almost paperless at this point.
  • Support is great at answering phone calls, they are not as quick as they used to be at responding to inquires sent via email
  • The account managers seem to rotate yearly. The one we have now is great, but our prior one we almost never heard from.
isolved meets most of our needs in the payroll area. We're experiencing a few more problems as we increase our number of employees, particularly in the area of tracking time. The biggest issue is that supervisors can only see the calendar for their specific teams. It would be useful to have a calendar for the entire office that is viewable for everyone.
David Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
My managers use isolved to process weekly payroll, and we all use it to track employees and run reports.
  • Payroll management
  • Reporting is getting more intuitive
  • Reporting intuitiveness
  • Customer service detailed product knowledge
  • QuickBooks Online seamless integration
1. I like the product ease of use, but I feel the preset client reports could be more intuitive. There are too many options and they aren’t defined well enough for users to know which option is the best for what they are trying to achieve.
2. Although the staff is friendly and willing to help, I find that usually I “stump” the team with my simple questions. If I contact the support team it is because I have exhausted the online resources and the attempts to figure it out on my own. I expect the team to have a fairly simple response with a concrete explanation of how to achieve what I am trying to accomplish.
3. Integration with QuickBooks Online would make my life easier. Each week, I manually separate our checking account debit transaction into the individual payroll line items, which is time-consuming and prone to human error. isolved says QuickBooks doesn't offer direct integration and I need to pay for a third party application to make it possible, and Intuit says isolved needs to contact them.
4. I would like the ability to be able to make enhancement requests and then track my request, and those of all isolved users, to see if it will be in an upcoming release, needs more support, etc. For example, I requested the ability to automatically associate an SOC Code with a Job well over a year ago, but never received a response. Although I’m sure your technical team are comprised of very nice people, in my opinion, they don’t care what customers want and stick to the development queue set by the company. There should be a way for customers to view the upcoming enhancements in the development queue with a way to rate enhancements and see where their requests are in the queue and how they rate.
At our company, we use isolved to process our payroll. It is very easy to enter payroll information and get it processed quickly. The paystubs are here within the next day or two. They were also very easy to contact and help set up a bonus payroll for our company. They walk you through the steps if you have any questions. Very polite customer support team.
  • Process Payroll
  • Customer Support
  • Had some issues with quarterly filing and tax rates. Staying up to date on that information.
They did a great job explaining how we enter hours/overtime hours for a salaried person that is non-exempt. They set up a meeting and explained how isolved processes that information to fit our needs. They were on the phone the day that we needed help. Very quick to respond.
Our client base is charter schools. We use isolved for our school's hiring/time management and payroll processing needs. I am involved in everything from implementation forward.
  • Employee Time Management
  • Ease of User Interface
  • Continual updates to product
  • Customer Service case follow up
  • Tax Department
  • Price point flexibility
New employee onboarding is fantastic and seamless. The implementation teams are phenomenal. The time module is great and the continual updates to the product are great. If there are problems with anything customer service cannot fix-getting that issue resolved is inadequate. For example, the UI rate changed on all our schools to 002 January 1. I sent individual emails for each school, got an email back with a case number stating the tax department would need to make the change. 3 weeks later (the week of payroll submission) it was still not changed, when I replied to the case email I had initially received asking for assistance, I did not receive a reply. I finally reached out to ... (who is amazing) and she was able to get us fixed. Customer service told one of my workers to just go ahead and submit payroll and that it would "be caught up".