Online learning for everyone!
October 18, 2019
Online learning for everyone!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)
Lynda.com is used across the organization and allows the individuals like me to keep their work skills fresh, to learn new ones and to keep in the loop with modern technologies. Lynda.com is constantly refreshing the course offerings and provides a variety of learning paths and it is very important in the days of constantly changing technology.
- It allows the learning at your own pace. You course history is always at hand, as well as all the exercise files.
- It allows to practice some skills (like coding) right inside the site's editor without switching to the other programs.
- It helps to choose classes and learning paths. I am currently on my way to complete Wordpress and photography related ones.
- The level of instructors is anything between great and brilliant. All the courses give a very clear presentations and provide adequate exercises.
- You will be able to use your knowledge in real life. I gained a lot from what I learned watching photography and web design classes, my skills improved significantly.
- All videos can be watch with text overlay and played at a different speed (they really care about accessibility).
- It would be good to have more intermediate and advanced classes
- It wood be good to have learning path that may help in gaining certification (like Microsoft or Oracle ones)
- It would be nice to have some individual help from instructors (for the additional payment, of course)
- Overall increased skills level and confidence of workers
- A positive shift in attitude towards new technology-related work tasks
- Some new common approaches to the technology
I preferred Lynda.com because it provided me with better choice of classes I am interested in. I also like the interface better and the overall experience, from quality of material presented to the complexity of exercises. Also, Lynda.com is integrated with LinkedIn and I feel that adding my Lynda.com achievements to my profile improves my appearance.
I never had to ask for technical support so not sure what its quality is (hoping it is superb!). The only time I was communicating with Lynda.com representative was about the switching my account to a different level and it went extremely smoothly. It was easy to find a contact information and transaction was very quick.
Do you think LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)'s feature set?
Did LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) go as expected?
Would you buy LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) again?
Lynda.com is absolutely great to jump-start learning something new or brush-up your skills. Also classes are very practical so there is always chance that you can use what your learned right away or that you can find an answer to some work questions here. It would probably be not a place to get some academic knowledge or to get to the very specific areas of advanced programming.