Bulk email giant - Mailchimphttps://www.trustradius.com/all-in-one-marketingMailchimpUnspecified8.316681012019-11-12T12:54:39.017Z
November 12, 2019
Bulk email giant - Mailchimp
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a well known e-mail sending tool and generally it's the first choice for someone who is just beginning with email marketing or custom bulk emails. We have used Mailchimp for around two years for our various types of email marketing campaigns. It was used by our marketing departments to send promotional emails to our regular and non-regular subscribers. It helps us to promote our currently running campaigns with ease.
- It offers a freemium plan, which is free up to a limited number of subscribers, generally 2000. Which is a good start for small organisations to begin with email marketing on a low budget.
- It has one of the best custom email designing tool with lots of templates available, allowing us to design custom emails without wasting lots of time in the designing part.
- It can easily handle large numbers of email receivers or subscribers (in their terminology). It helps medium and large organisations to stay away from chaos due to a large number of users.
- Though it's free initially, for a large number of users its plans are so expensive. We have to burn our pockets if we have large numbers of subscribers to send marketing emails on a regular basis.
- It still doesn't have perfect automation. Mailchimp has very good auto responders etc., but coming to automation part, it doesn't have required advanced automation.
- The worst thing I found in Mailchimp is that emails sent via Mailchimp generally go directly in promotion tab of Gmail or even in spam sometimes. This affects the conversion ratio, as the conversion comes less than expected.
- In the beginning of our marketing campaigns, Mailchimp has helped us a lot, allowing us to send promotional emails to our users, to increase the retention.
- We had started with the freemium plan to send bulk emails in the initial period. It helped us to save a few bucks on the marketing.
- For new subscribers, we had sent marketing emails using Mailchimp, so we got some conversions as well from subscribers to registered users.
Considering the pros and cons of Mailchimp. We initially began with Mailchimp. Later on, when our organisation grew and Mailchimp started burning our pockets with their pricing plans as well as delivering the mails directly to spam or promotions tab, we started email campaigning with AWS SES. They have nice custom pricing structure and we are able to do full customization according to our needs.
Mailchimp is very suitable for an organisation with a low marketing budget or that doesn't have much IT expertise. Small startups that are just beginning with their email marketing should go for it. Large organisations with a high budget or nice IT expertise should not go for it, as they have so many alternatives that can help them to reduce their time, energy and money spent.