Mailchimp

Mailchimp Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Harrison Pershing | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have a pretty strong open rate of around 20-25%, which, from our understanding, is very high for the legal services industry. I also use it for Argos, a company that provides construction materials for general contractors, [to] reach our clients and notify them of price increases or other systems we are working on. I've learned that it's a dynamic tool/environment and that you can always learn more about the tool and how to reach your clients.
October 22, 2021

Mailchimp Makes It Easy!

Mailchimp has enabled our HOA to minimize postage expenses and allowed us to establish more consistent and timely communication with our subscribers. The ability to share a link to our messages means that we can extend the communication beyond the Mailchimp message and include it in our other forms of communication like direct email and on our website.
Nitu Sabbharwal | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailchimp has allowed me to understand and appreciate the importance, of real time analytical analysis of every aspect of an organizations digital marketing endeavors. In this area, Mailchimp does very well.
Jason Rutel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have succeeded in consistently delivering email campaigns for clients, and have been able to work as a team in the platform and get reviews from the client. As an overall workflow it has worked very well, and I am happy with how usable it is and the quality it delivers. Sometimes it’s not about all the fancy bells and whistle ‘s, but it’s about the ability to get it done with the least amount of friction. Mailchimp does a good job of that!
Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been able to get my message out to a wide range of contacts, either all together or by targeted campaigns. I've learned quite a bit about how emails are delivered, what makes some undeliverable, how contacts react to one campaign vs another, what makes a good email and why someone would open it. I think the most important lesson is to be consistent in messaging across all channels. Mailchimp helps with that.
Andrew Folts | TrustRadius Reviewer
The biggest success was just being able to get started growing my email list on the free and knowing that Mailchimp could scale with more advanced features as I needed them. However, ConvertKit does all this and more, but in a much simpler and more intuitive way, which makes Mailchimp essentially pointless.
Eric Serdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've cut our time to get messages out to teams. We've been able to track what teams (or audiences) are opening our emails and interacting with it. We've been able to see if we need to change certain things based on departments (Sales vs Engineering). We've also been able to see that when the sales team does interact with our content and uses it that they improve.
Holli Drewry | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailchimp allowed me to specifically contact users and send custom responses when we were launching new software. The most important lesson is to plan your list of contacts well. Think about all the data you might want to use to engage with your users/customers before you setup your customer contacts landing page and separate things like first name and last name so you can use specific information to personalize messages.
September 11, 2021

Love it all the way

Rose Grant | TrustRadius Reviewer
We’ve had a lot of success. Our lists are growing, we send more emails than we used to, to more segmented audiences. We feel smarter about our email campaigns and I think our emails are better for our audiences. It’s easy to ab test and to segment audiences. When training new people it’s easy.
Richard Delgado | TrustRadius Reviewer
It integrates with database services, so it is possible to import within the platform all the information found in any document with lists, usually SQL, so that access to contact data of demographic groups is easier when implementing a mailing. It allows you to update mail formats from other services with total comfort, without any compatibility problems between the documents exported from those services to Mailchimp, and you can work without worrying that the file with the databases may be damaged. Mailchimp can be used in conjunction with market research services, so that it is possible to add research documents in the mailings for the targets to respond with data regarding the average of their consumption activities, and to be able to propose this information in [a] future product or service launches based on their needs as customers.
Preet Chovatiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
By using Mailchimp our customer retention rate is growing by up to 35%. They help us to manage customers very easily by setting up an Email automation sequence without any worry within just a few clicks. In our company, Mailchimp is generally used for Email automation mostly so when we are setting up Email automation campaigns Mailchimp blocks our campaign, but when we analyze why Mailchimp block our campaign, at that time we learned one thing that in the campaign we can't use affiliate links of third party affiliate platforms. According to me as I felt in my own campaign Mailchimp doesn't allow affiliate links.
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love the analytics Mailchimp provides. I can see how many people are opening/reading the newsletter each month. I'm so happy with how easy it is to use and that it's allowed me to produce and send a monthly email newsletter. I can now recommend this to clients because I've been using it myself for a few years now. I've learned how easy it can be to do this. I don't know if I could've done it without Mailchimp. The list started out with slow growth but it's picked up and Mailchimp has made it easy for me to encourage new subscribers. Thank you, Mailchimp.
Well, during the process of setting up the Mailchimp, I've learned that even if there are many good things in their website and many different tools, if they are not usable then it is very frustrating. The feeling is like you have a super laser machine gun but they don't give you the password for the safety switch of the trigger.
Shannon Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
My ROI is much higher when using a multi platform to engage with truck drivers. They tend to respond much better via email or text message campaigns. Mailchimp has taught me how to multi task and use different approaches when it comes to generating leads.
Brian Chung | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like how Mailchimp's prices scale as you grow. We've learned that email is still one of the primary ways we generate the sale and the leads that we capture on Mailchimp have one of the highest conversion rates. We have successfully grown our email list about 27x what it was at the start of our business.
I have had plenty of success with Mailchimp in terms of creating campaigns and generating interest from the campaigns. I have learned to copy the campaigns over so as to not re-create my efforts. I have also learned to keep the campaigns short, and break them up with images, content blocks and by varying the size of the fonts in certain cases. I've learned to send separate campaigns to the people who have clicked on certain links in the campaigns or opened it multiple times and create unique offers for them. I have also learned to use the chat function frequently at the beginning as they are very helpful.
We have had an increase in conversations, as of lately, while we have been doing A/B testing with our subjects, copy, and content. We have seen our campaign trend in the direction of more positive engagement, and that has lead our focus on how to continue to optimize our overall conceptualization.
  • Keeping your email marketing lists up to date (emailing and cleaning them regularly).
  • Create small segments and use Mailchimp's tool to engage with those who engage with the emails the most.
  • Don't try to do too much with the tool - it wasn't built it be that kind of a tool.
After many years, it is still my first choice among newsletter tools. I like to use the tool. It is also possible to create your own templates, for example those created by the graphic artist. Campaigns and automation can be duplicated. This makes work much easier because not everything has to be created from scratch.
Success: Turning customers into repeat customers and awakening dormant customers. Building a content library of articles from the newsletters and it acting as a PR function for our industry dailies. Lesson: Segment from the start, will pay dividends later on.
We've had great success with successfully sending out email campaigns and communicating with our fans. Our email campaigns are catered more towards our primary clients (schools) and can consist of webinars and other important information. It's also used for communication to our secondary clients (fans). We have to keep them abreast on platform updates, etc. [The] most important lesson is to always check the lists and email copy! This [is] more internal; however, it pays to take a double look.

Mailchimp Scorecard Summary

Email & Online Marketing (9)
WYSIWYG email editor (308)
Dynamic content (297)
Ability to test dynamic content (286)
Landing pages (228)
A/B testing (252)
Mobile optimization (307)
Email deliverability reporting (544)
List management (327)
Triggered drip sequences (224)
Lead Management (4)
Lead nurturing (2)
6.4
Lead scoring and grading (1)
10.0
Data quality management (1)
10.0
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Campaign Management (2)
Calendaring (1)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
10.0
Social Media Marketing (2)
10.0
Social sharing and campaigns (2)
10.0
Social profile integration (1)
10.0
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards (62)
Standard reports (321)
Custom reports (40)
Platform & Infrastructure (6)
API (2)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (2)
5.8
Integration with Salesforce.com (2)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2)
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

What is Mailchimp?

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

• Supported: Triggered drip sequences

Reporting & Analytics Features

• Supported: Standard reports

Mailchimp Screenshots

Mailchimp Reports - See open rates, click rates, unsubscribes, and even compare your results to industry averages right in the Mailchimp reporting interface.Mailchimp Mobile - Stay on top of your email campaign activity and effectiveness with Mailchimp's mobile reports.Create an email, ad, or landing page to reach the right people at the right time. Target customers based on behavior, preferences, and previous sales. Get in-depth reporting insights to make every touchpoint with your customer better than the last.MailChimp integrates with all the major e-commerce providers so you can use your purchase data to send personalized campaigns and better understand how your marketing affects your bottom line.MailChimp offers advanced reporting features you can access anywhere. Monitor sales and website activity with revenue reports, and inform your email content with purchase data using Google Analytics.The MailChimp mobile application gives you the power to create and send campaigns, manage subscribers, keep tabs on your account activity, and more.

Mailchimp Integrations