Overall Satisfaction with Memsource
We've been using Memsource to support our clients looking for a simple solution that helps them get their files translated in a timely manner while keeping everything consistent thanks to the use of translation memories, termbases and a commenting feature to handle all context-related queries from translators, proofreaders, and editors.
- It's cloud-based, meaning it will likely work on any machine.
- Not overloaded with features, offers a clean UI.
- Relatively affordable.
- Sometimes it's quite slow, even despite an excellent Internet connection.
- Not all features are available for translators from the get-go, for example, only PM can upload/download a translation memory in TMX format which is quite a hassle if you have translators exporting everything into other tools.
- QA tools are somewhat weak, too many false-positives, which can be very annoying to ignore.
- Increased speed due to the use of translation memories for each project.
- Reduced cost of translation for some of our clients.
The closest competitor of Memrsource is Smartcat, which in our humble opinion, offers better value due to the fact that it's free and its overall user experience and UI are more friendly. The Team Collaboration tools are much better than the outdated commenting system of Memsource. We need all of the people on our team to be able to collaborate within the tool, see each other's work and share comments. Unfortunately, it's not currently possible with Memsource.
We rarely use support, but most questions were answered in a timely fashion, although we didn't exactly find them satisfactory. That's mostly the fault of the software and not the Support team because we asked for things that Memsource couldn't do.
Do you think Phrase delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Phrase's feature set?
Did Phrase live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Phrase go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Phrase again?
Memsource is perfect for small-medium sized translation agencies that want to handle translation projects more efficiently, while leveraging the power of translation memory. It's definitely not the best online CAT tool on the market, but it gets the job done quite well, although, for their price tag, they could've spent a bit more time on ironing out the user experience.