Works for me
October 06, 2021
Works for me
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Miro
I work in a college, in the Product Design department. We support a wide range of physical and digital design projects. Most of the faculty in our department use Miro, and many faculty in other departments in the college also use Miro. Some use other platforms. It allows us to see the week-to-week work done by each student and allows both synchronous and asynchronous interaction. It allows us to post content for the students to review, instructions for assignments, guidance documents, etc. We are also using it to collaborate on non-instruction content development. It's been extremely useful in many regards.
- Works well with files from other apps.
- Supports simultaneous collaboration.
- Offers a time clock.
- Offers a wide range of tools that make collaboration go smoothly.
- The team setup feature is not very intuitive.
- Teams should be set up by project to keep access to individual boards, limited to specific team members.
- Sharing a link without editing rights should however include the ability to comment using a post-it note. that would help the owner maintain control, but still get feedback.
- More color options are needed.
- Miro has allowed me to work from home with the same level of productivity and quality of feedback for my students.
- Miro has allowed me to collaborate with my colleagues much more easily and provides access to the work to all colleagues, at any time. It allows each colleague to input their own work at their own convenience.
- It gives me a way to monitor the work being done in real-time.
The initial setup and creation of teams and boards is not clear or intuitive, and the team's creation does not support the way I would like to work. I want access for certain individuals to specific boards. I do not want my members to all have access to any of my boards.
There was some initial confusion about getting the right license and then switching to a "better" license and getting the teams and boards initiated in the first place. But overall, integration into our teaching and learning environment was really very easy.
It's been super easy to do work as a team. When combining Miro with Zoom we are very productive. The work is immediately visible to all team members, and we can keep the work posted as we progress through the project. It's great. The transparency and ease of access mean that the work can get done much faster. We don't need to wait until everyone has the same time to meet.
Do you think Miro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Miro's feature set?
Did Miro live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Miro go as expected?
Would you buy Miro again?
Education: Miro really works well as a sharing and presentation platform, however, the presentation mode is not really optimized as well as it could be. It should have a separate formatting menu with more options (like including speakers notes, etc.). Wireframing of screens for interaction design/app development - Miro doesn't seem to support without importing from a wireframing app.