We love Miro, but it's too expensive for Brazilian companies
June 14, 2022

We love Miro, but it's too expensive for Brazilian companies

We use Miro to design our products. We currently have more than 50 products on our portfolio and since last year we are reviewing most of them. The innovation/product team created 3 templates: value proposition canvas, business model canvas e ideal customer profile, being the first two templates based on Strategyzer books. Those templates are filled by the product team and after are presented to the marketing team, being the input for all the strategic work to be carried out by this team. After it the product team exports the boards (as images) and uploads them to our Notion workspace.
  • Best tool for online workshops.
  • Organization with frames.
  • Use cases for its templates.
  • Limited colors on its post-its.
  • Ways to cluster post-its (labels are the same for the whole board).
  • Delay when opening a new board.
  • Made remote work possible (the team is 100% remote).
  • Enabled the creation of a work pattern for the product team.
  • Team delivers are standardize.
The worst part of the implementation is to "teach" all the team the "good habits." At our team, each one arranges the boards and post-its in different ways. But on the other hand, the tool is very intuitive, so even people who have never used it can work with the tool in a few minutes.
I tried to integrate Miro with Notion but, at that time, it wasn't easy. To solve this problem I have to export images of the board and upload them on Notion. Last year, when I tried to integrate the platforms, it wasn't possible to choose the frame to be shown at Notion, only the full board.
It's really important for our team. Every time we have to run workshops with other teams inside our organization, or even with other companies, we use Miro. However, when the workshop is with teams that aren't used to working with digital tools, I usually share my screen and run the workshop "by myself."

Not sure

Well suited: For hybrid or remote teams, that work with design. It's a great tool for teams that work in a collaborative way. For those teams that already use other digital tools (e.g. Notion, Slack), can be very helpful. Less appropriate: Teams working "in person" or employees resistant to new technologies.

Using Miro

• Design products.
  • Online workshops.
  • Design websites.
  • We use to present products for the company board.
  • We use to "coach" the sales team.
  • Tech teams to design app frames.
  • Work with customers to evaluate pains and gain creators.
I really like Miro, it makes my work day easier. However, for Brazilian companies it's really expensive. It costs (per month) the same as 1 analyst. Every year it is harder to convince my bosses that the investment is worthy.

Evaluating Miro and Competitors

• Product Usability
  • Prior Experience with the Product
For sure the most important factor in my decision was my prior experience with the product. Once I used Miro in my previous experience, I started to tell all my colleagues about it!
I would probably use the same evaluation process. I like the tool and every time I try a new one, I prefer Miro's usability.