A must-have product for a remote workforce with opportunities to improve upon board organization & format
November 16, 2022

Courtney Brillhart | TrustRadius Reviewer

We primarily use Miro for remote workshops, especially design thinking workshops or design sprint-like activities. We also use Miro to create collaborative meeting agendas. Recently, we've started using Miro to track work across our design & research team. Other people use it as a personal space to organize their thoughts and create mind maps.
  • Remote collaboration
  • Workshop-related functions (i.e. timers, voting)
  • Easy to share and manage permissions/access
  • Different types of drawing and diagramming tools
  • File/board organization. It gets messy very quickly and we need a better way to organize all of our boards.
  • Many features are hidden or obtuse behind icons that don't have labels, so they're easily overlooked or forgotten.
  • A way to reduce the perception of chaos that overwhelms some people
  • A way to create something that feels more finite and contained vs. always having an infinite canvas.
  • Quicker decision-making
  • An easier way to quietly brainstorm
  • An easier way to vote without being swayed by others' votes
  • Reduced time to get to the bottom of a problem
I was not involved with integrating Miro with other products.
I believe I answered this in previous questions.

Not sure

Miro does a better job of rapidly updating and adding new functionality / iterating on existing functionality. One thing I do like about MURAL, however, is the ability to anonymize users, which is a big deal and could help us obtain more honest and candid feedback from people.
Miro fulfills a very specific need, especially among co-workers and team members who are remote. There is simply no other way to replicate the "whiteboarding" experience. The freedom that Miro offers helps us to be able to move freely without restriction. However, I have personally found it very difficult to keep track of boards and organize them in a way that makes sense. It feels like we are constantly throwing links around and boards that were perfect for a moment in time become obsolete and clutter our Miro workspace. That is my primary complaint. I would love it if Miro supported a "free" and also a more "restrictive" workspace with guardrails when appropriate.