Optimizely Review: "Decent optimization tool"https://www.trustradius.com/ab-testingOptimizelyUnspecified7.82331012017-12-13T18:48:16.688Z
Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely
We use Optimizely on the marketing team to run A/B and multivariate tests. Mainly we use it for splitting our traffic when testing not so much for building the actual tests themselves. The tests that we use it for are mainly to verify hypothesis around the top of our funnel acquisition flow in connection with our marketing site.
- It is very easy to set up a test and split traffic to various test variations.
- It has a decent smart editor for tests that only involve small changes.
- The version that we use (Optimizely classic) has a decent amount of integration with other analysis tools.
- It is way too expensive.
- The editor is only useful when you run a test involving small/simple changes to your pages.
- The support is lacking.
- Testing has helped us increase conversion rates substantially and Optimizely has made that process a lot easier.
It is well suited for simple testing and optimization. Anything more substantial will still require engineering and will likely not benefit from the native editor. It also does a good job of splitting traffic, either in even sized groups or based on specific demographic data points.