Overall Satisfaction with Parallels Remote Application Server
I am using Parallels Remote Application Server for several clients to provide remote web-based access to older client server healthcare platforms like Greenway Primesuite EHR and Zeiss Forum Viewer.
- It's management tool is much better than Native RDS.
- HTML5 based viewer creates great flexibility and zero install.
- Farm setup and management is very flexible and easy.
- Printers and Scanner can still be a pain to deal with.
- Setup still requires a lot of Active Directory configuration.
- More flexible control over web portal would be nice.
- It helped cut our support effort across large RDS farms.
- Increased user satisfaction.
- Decreased pain of setting up new customers.
We definitely benefited from easier setup. Previously, clients would need to verify windows patch levels and Remote Desktop versions.
HTML5 browser support has been a game changer, allowing instant setup of any new user on a computer with almost no need for support.
We have just used RDS servers as host, have not used hypervisor based hosts because we use AWS.
Policy-based permissions are very useful and easy to use for different user types and we are currently testing MFA with one client. Security and encryption abilities have helped us pass several audits. The company was also responsive to adding additional settings when one auditor gave us feedback.
Do you think Parallels Remote Application Server delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Parallels Remote Application Server's feature set?
Did Parallels Remote Application Server live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Parallels Remote Application Server go as expected?
Would you buy Parallels Remote Application Server again?