Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is our primary bookkeeping platform and our primary platform for invoicing and tracking our business financials. The only users at our organization are myself and the other owner. We both log in daily to stay on top of money going out and coming in and get a general sense of outstanding invoices and other related items.
- Large list of features. There is a lot of functionality packed into QuickBooks Online. It can fill the role of multiple other tools.
- Being the industry standard. Need an app to interface with QuickBooks Online? It will. Need to connect an accountant? They all know how to use it.
- Constant innovation. New features get added constantly and improved constantly.
- Sluggish platform. The interface itself is slick, but slower than it needs to be. A lot of time is wasted waiting for loading.
- Service unavailability. At times certain parts of the QuickBooks Online platform go down. It's more frequent than it should be.
- QuickBooks Online has generated a great return for us by letting us keep our finger on the pulse of our books.
- For the rare moments when our customers use credit cards, QuickBooks payments platform has been handy and gets us money quickly.
- The invoicing functionality makes it easy to generate invoices and attribute later payments to them.
No competitor quick stacks up. FreshBooks has a speedy UI, but lacks features for a more complex small business. Xero has a UI that I personally don't like as much and it never felt quite right to me. Not as many accountants are familiar either. Zoho Books came the closest to grabbing our business, but we also didn't like the UI as much and had a little less faith in Zoho than Intuit.
QuickBooks Online is the industry standard. It does a whole lot of things and works with a whole lot of other tools. If you bring in someone new, chances are that they're familiar with it. It's a good fit in almost any role it has a tool for, and competing products often lack the same maturity of features, or you'd need to use 5 different tools in place of QuickBooks Online.