Solid solution but similar to others you might be able to bundle with other things you currently usehttps://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingRingCentral MeetingsUnspecified8.4211012018-07-06T14:53:25.454Z
July 06, 2018
Solid solution but similar to others you might be able to bundle with other things you currently use
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with RingCentral Meetings
It is being used by anyone in the organization that has a reason to need a meetings solution. There is no other tool that is used. We preinstall it on all computers and give anyone an account to it just in case they need it. It is being used to conduct phone only calls as well as meetings on a computer, and a hybrid meeting of the two. It is being used to show other employees how to use the tools for training. Sometimes the sessions are recorded so the trainer only needs to do the main training once. It is used to present slides to people outside of the company.
- Very reliable. It never breaks on any of our devices
- Call quality is always fine
- Installation is quick for guests joining the meeting
- It connects to Outlook and Google calendar so it's easy to add invites from within the applications.
- It's just like many other zoom-based meeting tools. They are all based on this single technology that is just rebranded
- Other zoom-based meeting tools might be cheaper or offer other things you might want
- Nothing negative about this meeting tool. I really do like it and there is no reason to not use it since we get it free with our RingCentral phone accounts.
- Since it came free with our phone service, it has saved us from purchasing anything else, so the ROI was certainly there
- It was easy to deploy with a group policy rule to all computers, so it took minimal IT time
- Since we already had VoIP accounts for all of our users, there was no other account to create.
- GoToMeeting and Skype for Business
I see no reason to go with GoToMeeting because you can't bundle it with anything else. Skype for business comes with some versions of Office 365, and that might make a suitable replacement for RingCentral meetings if you already need that level of office. I would personally choose any meeting service that comes bundled with some other service I'm already using.
If you use RingCentral already like us, it's a no-brainer to use. I have seen no other reason to purchase any other meeting tool. If we didn't use RingCentral phones and got the meeting app free, I would still research other alternatives that might be a better price. As I mentioned, this app is based on "zoom" meetings, and so are many other options.
RingCentral Meetings Feature Ratings
Using RingCentral Meetings
30 - Call center training, Sales communicating with potential clients with slides, IT and accounting using the tool to record them helping one user with a common problem so we can send the video to other users to fix the same issues without our help.
5 - Most people pick it up very quickly and then never need IT to help them out again!
- Recording training session
- Sharing screen with someone outside of the company
- Simply an audio conference
- When the VPN and RDP was broken, we started a meeting with the user's self so they could get into their computer. It's not great, but it worked in a pinch.
We are grandfathered into an unlimited toll-free minutes plan with RingCentral, so as long as we have them as a VoIP provider, we get Meetings free. If they ever start to charge us for using meetings as well, we'll drop that part in a second and switch to Skype for Business, which we currently have as well part of our Office 365 package.
Using RingCentral Meetings
Probably could be a little easier and friendlier to use but it's definitely not needlessly complex. It could just use a little more investment in refining the UI instead of adding fancy features.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- To start a meeting right now and send the link to others is a cinch.
- Clicking a meeting link, installing the application, and get going.
- turn the audio or video on or off.
- Managing codes for multiple recurring meetings could be confusing at first
- Some advanced functions for large, public groups that I don't use might not be as obvious at first. I would certainly do a few demos of new features before doing a production event.