Flexibility, performance, and capability. Ideal platform to do more than you expect from a single product.https://www.trustradius.com/event-monitoringScienceLogic SL1Unspecified8.21731012019-04-25T18:07:06.109Z
April 25, 2019
Flexibility, performance, and capability. Ideal platform to do more than you expect from a single product.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ScienceLogic
As a managed services provider, we use ScienceLogic internally as well as in support of our customers for monitoring. We utilize it for availability and performance monitoring across all customers and internally. The data gathered is also used for sizing/re-sizing, application requirements planning, and continuous improvement cycles. We utilize the platform for automation for remediation and alerting/ticketing.
- Flexibility and coverage for the full spectrum of device types and use cases.
- Robust automation and event management interaction.
- Ability to write custom snippets for various actions/collections creates high customization ceiling for solving problems.
- HA/DR requires dedicated physical hardware to my knowledge.
- Flexibility in multi-tenancy allows us to tweak individual customers to allow us to properly alert and avoid SLA penalties for over-ticketing.
- Provides performance data to reduce overall ecosystem costs in various platforms, such as over or undersized AWS resources.
- Helps to maintain uptime and detect issues before they can become a full-blown outage, causing loss of faith from customers which ultimately hurts the bottom line.
We sell monitoring and alerting as a service. We also provide insight into customer ecosystems to guide customers down an improvement path and reduce their overall costs and increase their resiliency and performance. Due to this process being refined constantly, we create opportunities for case studies that support the business acquisition teams in their duty of finding new customers and contract opportunities
It is used for billing for customers via monitored elements. We use it to populate a CMDB in ServiceNow, as well as ticket creation and resolution with ServiceNow. Ticket enrichment and remediation automation reduce repetitive tasks and overall reduce manual time spent on processes by the NOC. Overall, these automations and integrations provide reduced cost and increased agility for serving the customer and internal systems.
- A vendor did not have a supported remote reporting object for a specific scenario in their network setups, so we wrote a collection application that utilizes SSH connections and regex processing to provide extremely detailed and accurate monitoring and alerting of network status for hundreds of sites.
- Creating customer copies of specific events with filtering allowed us to provide alerting capabilities for proprietary customer applications.
- We use automations for ticketing creation and resolution in an external system.
- We use the monitoring data for resizing AWS resources to optimize costs.
Monitoring for any vendor I can think of is easy to build along with support for various customers. The multi-tenancy can be used in an enterprise capacity as well as MSPs. Monitoring/alerting and performance metrics are easily gathered and maintained to guide improvements in any ecosystem. The flexibility of snippets being written in python can solve unique use case scenarios for customers, such as gathering and alerting on extremely specific aspects of a system.