The Holy Grail of AI-Based Infrastructure Monitoring?https://www.trustradius.com/event-monitoringScienceLogic SL1Unspecified81741012019-07-17T03:36:25.104Z
July 16, 2019
The Holy Grail of AI-Based Infrastructure Monitoring?
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ScienceLogic
Our firm is a seasoned information technology solution partner with a strong practice in the discipline of enterprise monitoring, otherwise known as ITOA or IT Operations Analytics. We are a technology business partner with ScienceLogic as one of our OEM solution partners. We often recommend ScienceLogic to fill the role of an agent data tool to monitor a broad range of IT infrastructure at the hardware level, including server storage and network devices. It is a next-gen tool that leverages machine learning to automatically establish baselines without requiring excessive user intervention.
- ScienceLogic discovers infrastructure on a given network very well.
- ScienceLogic learns patterns of performance and load on the infrastructure at monitors and can accurately determine what is abnormal.
- ScienceLogic reduces noise from devices on the network and allows IT staff to get to the root cause quicker.
- ScienceLogic actually does quite well in its swimlane of being an agent-based infrastructure monitoring solution.
- The biggest challenge with ScienceLogic is dealing with their overly aggressive sales staff.
- ScienceLogic virtually always generates a positive return on investment for our clients.
- ScienceLogic reduces the need for humans to constantly tweak thresholds of its performance that are acceptable.
Yes - ScienceLogic replaces tools for us such as WhatsUpGold, Solarwinds, Nagios, and others like them. These are legacy tools that require much more tweaking and fiddling with.
ScienceLogic absolutely increases visibility at a detailed level across the enterprise into the infrastructure stack.
ScienceLogic supports not only new business growth, but legacy business as well.
Sciencelogic is able to generate tickets into popular ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, with the additional license and integration services that are required.
- ScienceLogic creates its own CMDB, which we are able to leverage into a more total enterprise solution.
There is significant parity between functionality provided within ScienceLogic and the capabilities that exist in at least two of their competitors, which are OpsRamp and Zenoss.
ScienceLogic is excellent at monitoring core infrastructure but is not intended for requirements such as network packet capture or application performance monitoring, or aggregation of alerts from a wide variety of other tools in the IT monitoring tool kit. ScienceLogic is also not intended to monitor or generate synthetic transactions that simulate real user behavior.