Overall Satisfaction with ScienceLogic SL1
Multiple deployments of ScienceLogic SL1 within Telstra are used to monitor many thousands of internal and customer based devices and services and alert different assurance and support teams of issues.
- Robust platform able to be easily upgraded
- Great support
- Not locked into vendor monitoring solutions - you can create your own
- Able to scale up to many thousands of devices
- The remote monitoring of devices using distributed collectors
- Better guides are needed on how to implement various features, particularly writing code snippets
- It takes a lot of work to bring a new system up to speed and better out of box functionality is needed.
- Release notes can be limited and often do not describe new features
- We have not considered the financial implications of using ScienceLogic SL1.
- It is used to support our objectives of being early to market with new technologies or provide monitoring at scale.
We have been able to build many business service definitions to represent multiple infrastructure and application elements and represent these to stakeholders.
The use of ScienceLogic SL1 is key to being able to develop capabilities to monitor new products by developing inhouse monitoring solutions as the market moves away from traditional routing and switching products to SD-WAN solutions as well as grow our managed services offerings covering private and public cloud-based services.
ScienceLogic SL1 is integrated with other systems in many different ways and includes auto-provisioning requests into SL1 from upstream commissioning services, reporting extracts for customer portals, event notifications into systems such as PagerDuty and Remedy, and ServiceNow integration of CMDB items and events.
- The monitoring of Linux hosts and Docker using SSH.
- Driving customer focussed notification processes using a rules engine.
- Dramatically reducing notifications by grouping events and controlling flapping
- Enriching event handling using automations
We have found ScienceLogic SL1 well suited to both MSP and Enterprise monitoring at scale and where a high degree of integration with other systems or customization of monitoring approaches is required. It might, however, be overkill for smaller enterprises where the requirements are more straightforward.