Unified Communications is a cinch with Shoretel
Overall Satisfaction with ShoreTel
We use Shoretel IP PBX across our organization, plus our customers as well.
- The Shoretel Communicator client is extremely convenient and efficient for our business needs. The Outlook synchronization works particularly well along with the quick dialer. Being able to type in a partial name or phone number and then click on a name to call a contact directly is very useful. It automatically adds all of my new contacts and their numbers, email, etc.
- Voice quality and QoS is excellent. We never have any issues of latency, dropped packets, static, etc. DSCP QoS tagging works out of the box as long as you enable it on your network.
- Shoreware Director, the administration portal is very user friendly, and doesn't require the end user to be very tech savvy. Everything in there is pretty self-explanatory.
- Creating users, changing numbers and extensions, MAC work are all very simple with minimum training.
- There are some minor issues with software bugs on new build releases.
- Quality control with the phones could be better. They have about a 3% failure rate in our experience, but the RMA process is quick and painless.
- Increased employee efficiency
- Better contact organization
- Easier missed call and callback tracking
- Better customer service and average time of answer.
Is your organization ready for VOIP and Unified Communications? If you already have a solid Cat5e/Cat5 network in place and PoE switches making the transition is easy. Also, if you are moving into a new facility that needs cabling you can save yourself some money by going VOIP instead of installing separate wires for analog phones.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using