Overall Satisfaction with Slack
Slack is currently being used by the whole company. Each department has their own channel so they can communicate with their team. We also have channels that are specific to locations as well so people aren't getting notifications late at night for things they don't need to react to immediately. We love Slack for the instant communication and cross device compatibility that it provides to our team. It helps our team stay in contact while we are all on the go.
- It integrates with a lot of other technology that we use including Basecamp, Google Calendar, and Giphy.
- It makes work more fun and brings us all together. It is nice to see all the communication across teams.
- It helps me as a manager stay on top of my team.
- I wish I could Slack something over to my email or email someone directly through Slack real quick.
- Integrate my calendar better into Slack.
- Would be great to integrate HubSpot into Slack to call contacts and have more sales conversations on Slack.
- Slack has increased our business by helping us make decisions quicker. We are able to get everyone who needs to be in the conversation, get into it a lot quicker.
- Slack has sometimes created a lack of productivity. The Giphy feature along with emoticons can sometimes get out of control.
- I can see our business growing with Slack. It is nice that we can scale up with their software.
Slack is a bit more simplistic than the other pieces of software, but creates more meaningful conversations. The other programs create more of a forum based platform, than a social network like Slack. Slack encourages everyone to get involved with the conversation as opposed to using Skype, Lync, or even Yammer.
I haven't experienced this yet, but I could see Slack getting out of control when using it with a lot of people. I have used Slack more with small teams (5-20 people). I feel like that even with the channels, it would be difficult to keep up with all the conversations that are happening. That would be alot of notifications as well.